+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upcoming iPhone Event May Be Held at Apple Campus

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default Upcoming iPhone Event May Be Held at Apple Campus

While there is every indication that Apple will hold a special event early next month to unveil new iPhone models, no invitations to the event have been sent out as of yet. New indications now point to the event not taking place in San Francisco at all this year. Instead, it now appears that Apple will make the announcement a little closer to home: at Apple’s own Town Hall Auditorium in Cupertino, CA.

Traditionally, Apple holds these events in San Francisco, usually at either the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts or at Moscone Center. Both venues are generally capable of accommodating several thousand members of the press. By contrast, Apple’s Town Hall Auditorium only has seats for a couple of hundred attendees.

This will be the first major product launch for Tim Cook since Steve Jobs resigned his position as CEO last month. Moving the event to a smaller auditorium may actually be a smart move for Apple. It will give new CEO Tim Cook a chance to shine on his own and assert himself as the new head of the company.

One thing is for certain though: Apple won’t be making any announcements from Moscone Center next month. Oracle's OpenWorld conference is currently scheduled to take place there from October 2-6.

Apple recently blocked out Apple Store employee vacations for the second week of October. In the past, Apple has held press events days or weeks before actual products ship. It seems likely that this will be the case for this product launch as well.

Even though Apple’s Town Hall Auditorium isn’t a particularly large venue, it has played host to a number of big Apple announcements in the past, including the unveiling of the unibody MacBook Pro, iOS 3.0, and updated MacBook Air models.

Hopefully, the home field advantage will be a benefit to Tim Cook as he steps out on stage for his first product launch since taking over the company. It’s sure to be another home run for Apple.

Source: Appleinsider

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Let's hope there IS actually an event... Apple has been making us wait far too long...all I can say is the next iPhone(s) better be spectacular, or Apple won't have many happy campers...

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks

Watch there be NO new iPhone... Bahahahah

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

^ that ain't even funny man.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwil736's Avatar
    Thanks

If there is no new iPhone, I for one, will be jumping ship!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwil736 View Post
    If there is no new iPhone, I for one, will be jumping ship!
    Liar. Once you go Mac you don't go back... :-)

Thanks

I hate to say this but if Apple don't release a new iPhone or anything that can compete with the Samsung Galaxy S2 then i might just have to switch ....i really dont want to as i have had all the past gen iPhones and now the iPhone 4.....Please Apple let it be somthing magic!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    Liar. Once you go Mac you don't go back... :-)
    Once you go Mac we pc's don't want you back

Thanks
    Bet none of you jump ship.

Thanks

I have to agree that the wait has been quite a while... still im very excited that there will be a new iphone. We can all speculate day in and out but one thing we know for sure is that apple has made a new handset. Whether it's an iphone 5 that blow's us away or an upgraded version of the current awesome i4, it's still a new handset nonetheless. I am very excited though!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    fsauddgi
    I had to thank you for this useful post
    ;p
    Last edited by mmaboi21; 09-25-2011 at 10:49 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

thats what I am saying, I had the 3Gs for so long I got bored and upgraded to an iPhone 4 and that was over a month ago. I am glad I did, I will be able to enjoy my iPhone 4 while the jailbreak tweaks are worked out for the new iPhone(s) then I will buy 2 of them.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well it definately won't be at the normal location as Oracle Open World takes over the whole of Exhibition centre. I'd rather have waited a couple of months extra to get a phone they've worked out all the bugs for then get one early and have repeat of last year. Saying that financially it will be better to, less to pay out on my iPhone 4.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

This event will determent my next phone. There are WAY too many options out there. And if apple releases same phone but faster, well I'm OUT!

iPhone? More like MyPhone iphonogasm's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg05 View Post
    ^ that ain't even funny man.
    haha agreed!!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,564 Times in 2,038 Posts

im sure a new iphone is going to be coming out. if not this would be the only year they didnt and to keep up with the market they have to. plus they dont want the bad press.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My brother jumped ship last year. He is waiting anxiously to be able to switch back to an iPhone (when his contract is over).For you guys with the iPhone4, do you buy a new phones every year?

It has only been 18 months since iPhone 4 came out. You guys are spoiled.
    Last edited by AcePilot; 09-26-2011 at 07:23 AM.

Thanks

I have to say that a RAM increase over the ip4 is really the only thing on my MUST HAVE list. If it doesn't have that then IMHO it probably won't be worth getting, and instead I'll just grab a cheap (probably refurb'd) iP4 to replace my slow POS 3GS.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AcePilot View Post
    For you guys with the iPhone4, do you buy a new phones every year?
    I originally bought the 3GS cause the iPhone 4 wasn't in stores for about 6 months. I upgraded to the 4 last winter and sold my 3GS for $350 so payed for the cost of the 4. I will probably just stick with the iPhone 4 until the next one comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    I have to say that a RAM increase over the ip4 is really the only thing on my MUST HAVE list.
    Oh I'm positive it'll have at least 512 if not 1gb.
    Last edited by Donnutt; 09-26-2011 at 07:38 AM.

Thanks

That's what I'm saying. If it only has 512MB RAM then I probably won't be getting it since iP4 already has 512.

Man I would love to make the jump from a phone with 256MB to 1GB RAM. That would be awesome.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you ask me I don't think Apple is behind the curve when it comes to the hardware. It's the software that's somewhat dated. They need to add some cool feature to make them compete with Android phones. I can't wait to see what is in IOS5. But then again I'm not holding my breath either.