Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: Otterbox Case Leak Confirms iPhone 4S is Real

Default Otterbox Case Leak Confirms iPhone 4S Existence

If the pictures above are to be believed, the iPhone 4S is very real, and Otterbox is betting big on the new device.

The case in question is Otterbox’s Commuter series case for what is clearly labeled the “iPhone 4s.” @Chronicwire posted the images via twitter and claims that Otterbox has produced 3,000,000 cases for the “iPhone 4S.” Chronic has only posted pictures of the packaging, and has yet to post any of the actual cases.

However, the pictures of the case on the packaging bring to light one possible change in the iPhone 4S design compared to the iPhone 4. The volume buttons on the case are now on the right side of the device just above the sim-card instead of on the left. However, leaked component pictures for the iPhone 4S haven’t revealed such a change.

If Chronic is right and Otterbox is producing 3 million iPhone 4S cases, it begs to wonder how many cases are they making for the iPhone 5, or if it even exists? Perhaps reports of Apple releasing only an iPhone 4S and not a drastic redesign are right.

Additionally, earlier this month MacRumors received unconfirmed reports that at least one Apple store stocked and sold a batch of iPhone 4 bumper cases that didn’t fit “quite right.” Customers who returned the bumpers suggested they were a tighter fit with some “button alignment issues.” These comment seem to describe the slight difference found in the case pictured on the Otterbox packaging.

Apple still hasn’t announced or even acknowledged the existence of their next generation iPhone, but the existence of this case, if real, confirms that the iPhone 4S does exist.

Source: BGR and MacRumors

@sleighton no one cares lmao.On another note, you guys have a BOX... with no CASE in it? wheres the case at? lol

first ...
    Does it matter? Your post will probably be deleted anyway.
    Last edited by Cer0; 09-22-2011 at 08:51 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Good point, where IS the actual case lol. Found the box in a dumpster?

Yes folks it is very plausable to have just the box without the case. As a small business owner myself, I get my packaging separate from my actual product. I'm sure otterbox gets their packaging from a separate source than the case itself. So I'm sure someone along the way from where the box was printed to where the case and box were mated together could have got a hold of just the box and took a picture.
    Last edited by sirlance0505; 09-22-2011 at 02:14 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't see a dock connector hole And why is the S larger than the 4 in 4S. Looks fake to me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sirlance0505 View Post
    Yes folks it is very plausable to have just the box without the case. As a small business owner myself, I get my packaging separate from my actual product. I'm sure otterbox gets their packaging from a separate source than the case itself.
    Yes it is possible, the point is why isn't there a picture of the actual case -.- the box is hardly anything to gawk at, except that it says 4s. People want to see the actual case, it's more exciting

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Yes it is possible, the point is why isn't there a picture of the actual case -.- the box is hardly anything to gawk at, except that it says 4s. People want to see the actual case, it's more exciting
    Probably because whoever took the picture only had access to the packaging and not the actual product. Just a guess. Agreed I want to see the case also.

A considerable amount of time past after the iPhone 4 was release before Otterbox released a case. I am suggesting that Otterbox lagged behind and more than likely will lag behind again. Potential fake based on previous observations.

Thanks

Probably because whoever took the picture only had access to the packaging and not the actual product. Just a guess..
    Lol dude, you can't be serious. It's a rhetorical question. I ask a question, but I don't need a literal answer. I know the case is not available for viewing. I ask the question in terms of implying that it's the actual case people want to see. That that's the exciting part.

Quote Originally Posted by STM127 View Post
    A considerable amount of time past after the iPhone 4 was release before Otterbox released a case. I am suggesting that Otterbox lagged behind and more than likely will lag behind again. Potential fake based on previous observations.
    It's all "maybe" up until point of release of the actual iPhone. I too tend not to believe much until the actual release of the product.

Quote Originally Posted by STM127 View Post

Maybe they don't want to get left behind this time. They realized how much revenue they lost last time and didn't want to repeat history.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Interesting. What is that hole on the right side of the case? Surely this isn't meant for the sim card (if it is that's pretty stupid IMO, how often are people removing sims)?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I can see them changing the volume buttons to the other side of the phone simply because of the new feature in iOS 5 to snap pictures with the volume buttons. if they left the configuration the way it is (which we will have to see if its an issue), the pictures taken with the rear camera will be upside down when viewed on the computer. But who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Lol dude, you can't be serious. It's a rhetorical question. I ask a question, but I don't need a literal answer. I know the case is not available for viewing. I ask the question in terms of implying that it's the actual case people want to see. That that's the exciting part.
    I was responding to this: "...the point is why isn't there a picture of the actual case"

Not this: "...where IS the actual case lol. Found the box in a dumpster?"
    Last edited by sirlance0505; 09-22-2011 at 02:45 PM.

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolftamer View Post
    I don't see a dock connector hole And why is the S larger than the 4 in 4S. Looks fake to me.
    I was wondering about that "S" as well.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Isn't the 4S supposed to have the same design as the current iPhone 4? Why would they need to create a separate case design for this one?

Thanks

I was responding to this: "...the point is why isn't there a picture of the actual case"

Not this: "...where IS the actual case lol. Found the box in a dumpster?"
    They're both rhetorical questions sir. Please stay on topic of the thread. You've said your piece, I've said mine, you don't agree with me and quite frankly I don't agree with your response either. Leave it at that.

Anyway, I too thought the new iPhone is supposed to resemble the iPhone 4. I'm a bit perplexed and don't know what to believe anymore.

I don't believe the pic is real at all. Who would take a pic at that angle of the the front ... and not flat like the back ? imo crappy pics = very unlikely real ... but just my 2 cents.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

Lochness monster/Bigfoot/UFO quality photos. i believe. whats up with spy photos always being so crappy?

"but the existence of this case, if real, confirms that the iPhone 4S does exist." that's like saying, pictures of bigfoot will confirm that he exists, if we ever find a body. Seriously. You guys do realize that anyone with good graphic design equipment can make that package right. In school, we had to make wine bottle wrappers, boxes, cards, etc and unless you held them to feel the weight of the materials used, you would never know they weren't real. A high quality printer, some photo quality paper and a few bends - Walla, instant new otter box package.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast