+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: Otterbox Case Leak Confirms iPhone 4S is Real

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by i.Annie They're both rhetorical questions sir. Please stay on topic of the thread. You've said your piece, I've said mine, you don't agree with me and quite
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    They're both rhetorical questions sir. Please stay on topic of the thread. You've said your piece, I've said mine, you don't agree with me and quite frankly I don't agree with your response either. Leave it at that.

Anyway, I too thought the new iPhone is supposed to resemble the iPhone 4. I'm a bit perplexed and don't know what to believe anymore.
    How pretentious are you. haha. also a rhetorical question. I can see how pretentious you are

Thanks

I say fake and I'm not going to be sold until Tim Cook himself unveils the new iPhone in October.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrandFinale2001 View Post
    I was wondering about that "S" as well.
    Looking at the OtterBox website, it appears as though OtterBox has a habit of either using a capital "S" (as in 3GS as opposed to 3Gs), or the stylized lowercase "s" that is contained within a box (as in Apple's official marketing campaign). This packaging would be consistent with previous packaging under the assumption that OtterBox went with the capital "S". Even Apple uses the capital "S" on their official 3GS website. As far as proportions go, it may be the angle at which the picture was taken that may lead viewers to think that the "S" appears larger than it should. Really doesn't make a real big difference... We know a new iPhone is on the way. I think we should just wait and see... Just my opinion.
    Last edited by wcbardwell; 09-22-2011 at 03:13 PM.

Thanks

Now that I look at it more...the Otterbox yellow wrap-around almost looks like a sticker than printing. Look at the top photo where the yellow band meets the end of the box, looks raised.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jabij1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolftamer View Post
    I don't see a dock connector hole And why is the S larger than the 4 in 4S. Looks fake to me.
    S is for speed and size. The bigger S means bigger screen.

Tim

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe just me, but I don't think the volume buttons were moved. It looks like the sim slot is on the left instead of the right. Unless I'm missing something...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by purplemonkeyspank View Post
    How pretentious are you. haha. also a rhetorical question. I can see how pretentious you are
    Staying on topic would be relative Please don't divert from the News topic at hand. Thank you for your cooperation.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,669 Times in 703 Posts

For all we know? this is just a iPhone 4 box and someone took a black pen and wrote the S on there. And maybe that why they took the pic at a angle too? the 4S looks like it belongs there and doesn't look as fake as a straight front on pic! Just my thoughts. As other have said?? I'll believe when i see it! too many rumors...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Interesting. What is that hole on the right side of the case? Surely this isn't meant for the sim card (if it is that's pretty stupid IMO, how often are people removing sims)?
    That's not a hole really. It's just how the case is made. It's a hole in the rubber, but not the plastic. It's how the current Commuter case for iPhone 4 is made. That's what's on my phone right now.

Thanks

"...begs to wonder..."?? Please.
    Quaerite et invenietis.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Hardly a confirmation. Anyone with access to a colour printer could have made that.If it does mean the next iPhone is gonna be called 4S then it's stupid. People (and by people I mean people who don't frequent an iPhone devoted site) didn't see any difference with iPhone 3G and 3GS just how people don't see any difference between a Nintendo DS and a 3DS.Calling it iPhone 4S is ambiguous. Much better to just call it iPhone 5.Hmmm, but if they went iPhone 5 next, then it would sound even dumber when they call 2012's model iPhone 4G.Anywho, if 4S means the next iPhone is just getting a little CPU boost akin to the 3GS, then it'll probably be time to move on up to the Samsung Galaxy S II. Will Apple have peaked with iPhone 4? Who knows, but find out next month....maybe.

Also, if the case is to believed, it would appear Apple is moving the Mute and Volume buttons to the other side, and why the need for a massive slot in the case for the micro-sim slot? No need for any slot in the case, 99.99% of the time you put the SIM in once and thats that.
    Last edited by feidhlim1986; 09-22-2011 at 05:05 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Even if those leaked pictures are fake or not, thanks for protecting my device!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm sorry but, how in the hell is this supposed to be confirmation that an iPhone "4S" is coming? If anything, it signifies the existence of a BOX that has "4S" written on it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Over a year with no new iPhone, a company with millions in the bank, and they may come out with the same phone design but faster? I sure hope they have an iPhone 5 as well, there are way too many choices out there for me to stick with the same "faster" phone for another year. If apple disappoints, I will buy an HTC 3D phone and wait for iPhone 5/6 next year, it's a no brainer for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

That's what happened with the 3G and 3GS. Would be surprised if they did it again this year, same exterior but better innards. I too think I'll skip it this year and keep on using my iP4

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 588 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    For all we know? this is just a iPhone 4 box and someone took a black pen and wrote the S on there. And maybe that why they took the pic at a angle too? the 4S looks like it belongs there and doesn't look as fake as a straight front on pic! Just my thoughts. As other have said?? I'll believe when i see it! too many rumors...
    This straight enough for u?
    Just cuz mmi didn't post it doesn't mean it doesn't exist

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Ehhhhh

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

"If the pictures above are to be believed, the iPhone 4S is very real"So, I guess all the cases for the "iPhone 4G" back in 2010 confirmed the iPhone 4's name, huh?

Thanks

the dock connector is on the side!!!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by love2drive2fast View Post
    I don't believe the pic is real at all. Who would take a pic at that angle of the the front ... and not flat like the back ? imo crappy pics = very unlikely real ... but just my 2 cents.
    Agreed If you were 'leaking something I'm sure you'd want to provide substantial evidence. Whoever took the pic tilted it for a reason. The back throws me off though because if that is genuine then why tilt the front and make it not as convincing? Definitely interesting, thanks Phil your doing an awesome job.

Quote Originally Posted by PathKiller29 View Post
    This straight enough for u?
    Just cuz mmi didn't post it doesn't mean it doesn't exist

Apologies I didnt read your post before I posted. That is straight and pretty convincing but the "S" looks a little darker in your pic. On the sources that Swanson listed(BGR) there's another pic chronic posted of a speck case that is suppose to be relevant to this.(the 4s I mean)

Nevermind disregard my statement of the "S" being darker. After analyzing both images next to each other the dark smudges are consistent and in the same spot in both pics. Seems authentic to me, I'm sold. Not a huge fan of otterboxes to be honest.
    Last edited by mmaboi21; 09-22-2011 at 09:40 PM.