+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 Announcement to Take Place October 4 According to New Report

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 5 Announcement to Take Place October 4 According to New Report

According to All Things Digital Apple will finally reveal all things iPhone 5 at a media event scheduled for October 4.

Rampant speculation surrounding the announcement and release date of Apple’s next iPhone has plagued the rumor-mill all summer. No concrete evidence has surfaced, and even All Things Digital's report sites “sources close to the situation.” While it is obvious the September 7 announcement and end of September or early October release rumors were wrong, until Apple announces the event itself take any rumors with a very large grain of salt.

However, even if the date of the event is still up in the air, how important Tim Cook’s first media event as CEO cannot be understated. This isn’t like Phill Schiller stepping in at Macworld and WWDC in 2009, this is a major product introduction, and will be a Tim Cook lead production according to All Things Digital’s sources.

While, it is important for Cook to quell fears that Apple isn’t the same company without Steve Jobs with his presentation, Cook will still be accompanied by Schiller and iOS chief Scott Forstall as presenters. All Things Digital’s sources were unable to confirm whether Steve Jobs would appear, but if the rumors surrounding Jobs’ health are accurate an appearance seems unlikely. More than that though, Jobs knows Apple is in a transition period and his presence could be viewed by others as an undercutting of Cook’s position as CEO.

Source: All Things D

Thanks

Iphon? Lmao

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

^^lol but whatever. it'll still be weeks before we can even order.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I can't wait to hear about the announcement of when the iPhone cones out. I got a late October birthday and I keep telling my parents that this would be an awesome birthday gift. I do think that only Cook should present the whole time because he'll be doing it for a long time. Might as well throw him to the lions now and get it over with

Thanks

Idk bout you but i rather have an iPhone over an iPhon

iPhone? More like MyPhone waroftyr's Avatar
    Thanks

Didn't they say at wwdc that ios5 would be released publicly in September? I could be wrong on this

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 14,781 Times in 6,876 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by waroftyr View Post
    Didn't they say at wwdc that ios5 would be released publicly in September? I could be wrong on this
    They said this Fall. They didn't give a specific month.

Thanks

Friggin sweet!! Iphone 5 or iphon 5?? Decisions, decisions... Smh

Thanks

I'm fairly certain they didn't mention September specifically. Ok - Simon beat me to it...
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

October 4th? The same day Bethesda/ id release RAGE. Too many good thing things on the same day can be too much

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    October 4th? The same day Bethesda/ id release RAGE. Too many good thing things on the same day can be too much
    Should we ask them to postpone the iPhone launch then?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone waroftyr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I'm fairly certain they didn't mention September specifically. Ok - Simon beat me to it...
    Wow guys are right I went back and watched and it said fall. Weird I can picture the word September on their screen from wwdc in big white letters
    If i said something you like or helped you out, don't be shy hit that thanks button

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The ANNOUNCEMENT might be on Oct. 4th... not the product launch. I've seen way too many misleading headlines about this today.

Thanks

iF the announcement is actually made on 4th October I would expect iOS5 to be released that day too with the iPhone 5 folowing shortly after, which isn't far off the 15th October date for France release.

It is still all rumours at the moment and it doesn't really matter, it will come when it comes, but people do seem to like to speculate.

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

I just wish the would hurry the hell up, and release the beast.....

Thanks
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 5,845 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    The ANNOUNCEMENT might be on Oct. 4th... not the product launch. I've seen way too many misleading headlines about this today.
    Totally agree, it will prolly take at least a few weeks before we see them shipping out the new iPhone after the announcement.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

iF the announcement is actually made on 4th October I would expect iOS5 to be released that day too with the iPhone 5 folowing shortly after, which isn't far off the 15th October date for France release.

It is still all rumours at the moment and it doesn't really matter, it will come when it comes, but people do seem to like to speculate.
    The sooner we get it the faster we can Hack it.

Common APPLE the suspence is killing us do it already.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If you look at previous lag times between announcement and launch it's avg is 2.5 weeks which leads to a Oct. 21st street launch. I don't see Apple releasing on the 15th which is a Saturday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    If you look at previous lag times between announcement and launch it's avg is 2.5 weeks which leads to a Oct. 21st street launch. I don't see Apple releasing on the 15th which is a Saturday.
    You could be right - although I'm not sure it's actually you. What's with BLACK text?