Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 on T-Mobile? Not This Year

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default iPhone 5 on T-Mobile? Not This Year

If you were holding on to hope that the iPhone would come to T-Mobile in the united States this fall, it appears that your bubble may soon be bursting.

According to information received internally from T-Mobile, TmoNews reports that T-Mobile USA Chief Marketing Officer Cole Brodman has confirmed that the carrier will, in fact, not deliver the iPhone 5 to customers this year.

"Our business is working very hard to improve performance over the last couple of years and we've had some great success," Brodman said, according to the report, noting that "new products and value plans are fueling customer response."

"Brodman expects the excitement to continue into the holiday season as T-Mobile introduces two new smartphones," the report adds, noting that Brodman himself confirmed point blank that "we are not going to get the iPhone 5 this year."

Naturally, Brodman is not ruling out the very likely prospect of the iPhone coming to T-Mobile at some point in the future, possibly even next year. Of course, the arrival of the iPhone on T-Mobile would have likely been facilitated much faster had AT&T's proposed acquisition for the carrier been swiftly authorized by regulators. But with the acquisition stymied for the time being, so too are any immediate plans to bring the iPhone 5 to T-Mobile.

Source: TmoNews

Thanks
    Thanked 10,073 Times in 6,153 Posts

Well, this sux. Oh well, been dealing with edge and iPhones for over 3 years now, guess I can wait a bit longer. Thank goodness I have a factory unlocked iPhone, but still hate edge.....................................

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Well, this sux. Oh well, been dealing with edge and iPhones for over 3 years now, guess I can wait a bit longer. Thank goodness I have a factory unlocked iPhone, but still hate edge.....................................
    T-mobile sucks just like AT&T why not try sprint
    Instagram: zplit
    Twitter: zplit

They may not be getting the iPhone 5 this year, but what about the 4s? here's to hoping!

Also, maybe the iPhone 4s(?) will support tmobile's 3G frequency.. That would be wonderful. I don't even have tmobile, but I feel for y'all that do =]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zplit View Post
    Stuck with T-Mo, we use them for our business and personal, can't beat the prices, plans and most of all customer service. There is still hope that T-Mo will get the iPhone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

as long as theres a AWS iPhone from Apple, i dont care who carries it. I 'll buy direct from Apple. 3 year contract? no thanks. i like my Mobilicity $25 unlimited everything plan

iPhone? More like MyPhone risingkazuya05's Avatar
    Thanks

Stuck with T-Mo, we use them for our business and personal, can't beat the prices, plans and most of all customer service. There is still hope that T-Mo will get the iPhone.
    I too, have been with Tmobile and been using them since my iPhone 2G. I pay $100 for 2 lines with unlimited EDGE Internet and 1000 shared text messages and 700 minutes (grandfathered plan). I just wait for a little and once ultrasn0w for the new model is released then I buy one for a couple hundred dollars and unlock it myself. Saves me thousands of dollars a year and I sell my current model with preserved baseband and mint condition for top $$$.

Thanks

Tt
    Last edited by buzztv; 09-20-2011 at 07:10 PM. Reason: I want out of this

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by risingkazuya05 View Post
    I too, have been with Tmobile and been using them since my iPhone 2G. I pay $100 for 2 lines with unlimited EDGE Internet and 1000 shared text messages and 700 minutes (grandfathered plan). I just wait for a little and once ultrasn0w for the new model is released then I buy one for a couple hundred dollars and unlock it myself. Saves me thousands of dollars a year and I sell my current model with preserved baseband and mint condition for top $$$.
    Ditto, I am grandfathered in also, been with them for over 12 years, have 3 phone lines, unlimited everything (voice,data and text) for under $90.00 a month for our personal phones. That is a deal I just can't back away from.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

No big deal... Let's just hope the next iPhone has 2G and 3G bands capable to run on all Carriers around the world!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buzztv View Post
    too bad I need speed and edge just won't cut it come on Tmobile everyone but you has iPhones
    I hope I don't have to leave you as I'm the 7th customer you have in the las Vegas market!!!!
    Us cellular don't hav them yet

I also really do wish iPhones come to tmobile. If they tend to compete with the big dogs then they need them
    Last edited by Simon; 09-20-2011 at 03:56 PM.

risingkazuya05,

You may want to take a look at their current plans if you aren't afraid of signing a contract with them. I was in a similar situation, but I just signed on for unlimited talk/text/2G of 3G data (can't use it, but still) and unlimited 2G data for $100. I also added two additional lines with unlimited text and 500 minutes (no data), for just $5/ea line. I use one for my home phone.

You have a great deal, but I just wanted to mention this one to you though.

I don't work for T-Mobile; but I have enjoyed their service for over 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by risingkazuya05 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by zplit View Post
    I second that, Sprint sucks, AT&T owns Sprint and here's why. My friend has an Evo 4G and I have an iPhone 4. We did a network test, 3G versus 4G and guess what? My iPhones 3G left his Evo's 4G in the dust, that's how bad Sprints network is and their 4G is a joke that is actually quite sad. If I was able to beat him using 3G, can't imagine how behind his beloved Sprint's 4G will be once AT&T will rollout with 4G :P
    Last edited by jose060789; 09-20-2011 at 06:47 PM.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Your loss T-Mobile, hello Sprint

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    I second that, Sprint sucks, AT&T owns Sprint and here's why. My friend has an Evo 4G and I have an iPhone 4. We did a network test, 3G versus 4G and guess what? My iPhones 3G left his Evo's 4G in the dust, that's how bad Sprints network is and their 4G is a joke that is actually quite sad. If I was able to beat him using 3G, can't imagine how behind his beloved Sprint's 4G will be once AT&T will rollout with 4G :P
    Go 1 mile out of town and AT&T drops to EDGE where with Sprint when I had them I got 3G no matter where I went except a few very remote places. I know AT&T if I travel a few miles out of town I got EDGE speeds.
    Last edited by GrandMstrBud; 09-20-2011 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Your loss T-Mobile, hello Sprint

Go 1 mile out of town and AT&T drops to EDGE where with Sprint when I had them I got 3G no matter where I went except a few very remote places. I know AT&T if I travel a few miles out of town I got EDGE speeds.
    I already did and I still had 3G with enough signal bars and besides, both my friend and I had full bars prior to the network test.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

aint no big deal, my edge in nyc works not the best but it works... i mean yea i wish **** was faster... but like someone else b4 said i been w/ them since voicestream days and had the first iphone on tmo so i can wait longer. my edge plan is still 8$...

hey, there is a company called h2o that works on the AT&T network, I've switched and I love it, facetime! 3G, mms,
    UNLIMITED TALK, TEXT, 3G DATA, MMS, GLOBAL TEXT

www.h2owirelessnow.com NO NEED TO UNLOCK, put your h2o simcard and you're DONE

www.h2owirelessnow.com $60 $50 & $40 plans! Unlimited Talk Unlimited Text Unlimited MMS Unlimited 3G Data FaceTime works, and 3G due h2o it's a virtual network from AT&T No need to unlock, just put your simcard and you're done just like at&t you can keep your current number!
    Last edited by duromega; 09-21-2011 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by duromega View Post
    hey, there is a company called h2o that works on the AT&T network, I've switched and I love it, facetime! 3G, mms,

www.h2owirelessnow.com $60 $50 & $40 plans! Unlimited Talk Unlimited Text Unlimited MMS Unlimited 3G Data FaceTime works, and 3G due h2o it's a virtual network from AT&T No need to unlock, just put your simcard and you're done just like at&t you can keep your current number!
    Hmmm.. Sounds interesting. I checked it out real quick and I will definitely be looking more into it. How is the service?

What do you mean by virtual network from ATT?

This is very tempting!

Default Question about H2O WIRELESS
    Hi, does the company charge taxes? What plan are you using if you dont mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by duromega View Post

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    It's a given that GSM is faster than CDMA. it's also a given that new customers for at&t can't get unlimited data. I switched from AT&T to Verizon bc I was going over 2GB of data every month and paying an extra $20 every month for data. Verizon's 3G is god awful and I'm not gonna deny it, but 1) I have more coverage than I did with AT&T where I needed to be and 2) I'm not paying extra every month for data. That's a sacrifice I was willing to make. I miss AT&T's 3G, but I'd rather miss that than miss the extra $20 I have to give AT&T every month.

It's not about which is better and which sucks, they all have their benefits. Like Verizon vs Sprint, Sprint probably does not throttle speeds as much as VZW does. Verizon possibly might have better call quality or coverage (depends on area perhaps). AT&T is fast but limited data, etc. Those are just examples that there are advantages of one company over another, it's personal preference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast