+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsn0w 0.9.9b1 Released - Tons of New Features

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Poseidon79 Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the iTunes installation install the USB device drivers needed for Redsn0w to communicate with Apple products? Without iTunes the
    My iPhone is a Part of Me korbyn8495's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the iTunes installation install the USB device drivers needed for Redsn0w to communicate with Apple products? Without iTunes the jailbreak would never initiate.
    Nope, you're right. It installs something like "MobileDevice.dll" or something along that line. The computer won't be able to connect to the device without it

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

No bootrom exploit for iPad 2 means iPhone 4s or 5 which will have A5 chips will not have any jailbreak for at least a couple of months or longer.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Never too late
    Never too late it's good to have another tool in the JB arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by plumoso View Post
    Nice,, but u guys a litlle to late, I try and believe is the best jailbreak from all.
    It's never too late... Always good to have another tool in the JB arsenal!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic Harlot View Post
    With this jb themeit and the theme outlet no longer work.
    This is the same exploits as previous JBs so should not break anything. Are you saying themeit and the theme outlet work on the FW you are trying with a different JB? If so, which one?

Quote Originally Posted by korbyn8495 View Post
    Nope, you're right. It installs something like "MobileDevice.dll" or something along that line. The computer won't be able to connect to the device without it
    Which OS? Judging by the way you mention a dll it's a version of Windows but someone has already confirmed it works fine on Win7 without iTunes. Are you using a different version of Windows?

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    No bootrom exploit for iPad 2 means iPhone 4s or 5 which will have A5 chips will not have any jailbreak for at least a couple of months or longer.
    p0sixninja and iOPK announced at MyGreatFest that they have a new userland JB all ready to go. Obviously they do not have the hardware to test the iPhone 5 but it works on the iPad 2.
    All credit to the Chronic team for finding the 5 exploits needed for this one JB lets hope nothing changes between now and release and it will actually JB the iP5.
    If it does then it's a good reason to buy an iP5 at release or very shortly after because it will, no doubt, be patched very quickly.

http://bit.ly/qxL5Lf they start about 1:37:00 in.
    Last edited by confucious; 09-21-2011 at 01:38 AM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

They work on 9.8 B4 but not this one. As soon as the app opens it crashes to SB. I am on 4.3.5

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well, this jb did not work for me on iOS5 Beta 7. Everything seemed to go OK but the Cydia icon is white and when I tap on it, it immediately quits.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MikePA View Post
    Well, this jb did not work for me on iOS5 Beta 7. Everything seemed to go OK but the Cydia icon is white and when I tap on it, it immediately quits.
    That's a tethered JB - restart and juse RedSn0w again with the 'just boot tethered' option and all will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic Harlot View Post
    They work on 9.8 B4 but not this one. As soon as the app opens it crashes to SB. I am on 4.3.5
    I know nothing about themit but a quick read up found this.

Could this explain your problems?
    Last edited by confucious; 09-21-2011 at 03:45 AM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,784 Times in 6,877 Posts

Dont know much about themit either but I had heard it and the theme outlet have been down for the last few days. I don't see how redsnow would have any bearing on them working or not.

Thanks

I was wondering...Can I use this latest version to rejailbreak and reinstall cydia on my already jailbroken and unlocked iPhone 2G ?The reason I want to do that is that cydia is pretty much messed up...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    That's a tethered JB - restart and juse RedSn0w again with the 'just boot tethered' option and all will be fine.
    I knew it was tethered, and had done that a few times with no success. So, I re-jailbroke and everything works! I installed biteSMS 6.0 beta and all's well.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

@Confucius, thank you for the infos

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wallyİ View Post
    I was wondering...Can I use this latest version to rejailbreak and reinstall cydia on my already jailbroken and unlocked iPhone 2G ?The reason I want to do that is that cydia is pretty much messed up...
    No, for the 2G it's 0.9.4 IIRC see iClarified - Jailbreak Wizard for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, AppleTV for details.
    Last edited by confucious; 09-21-2011 at 12:21 PM.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123