Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Premier Upgrade Program Killed Ahead of iPhone 5 Launch at Sprint

Hybrid View

Default Premier Upgrade Program Killed Ahead of iPhone 5 Launch at Sprint

The evidence continues to pile up that Sprint will be the next carrier to offer the iPhone in the U.S. Unfortunately some of the provider's better customer service policies are getting the ax because of it.

Sprint announced on its blog today that they would be discontinuing their Premier upgrade plan. The plan allowed customers to upgrade their phones every year. In the post Sprint played its best PR card in trying to justify its decision to nix the program.

We wanted to let you know about a decision we have made to end the Sprint Premier program.

The program will be phased out gradually. Depending on whether you are eligible now for certain program benefits or would become eligible soon, you still will have time to take advantage of them. We'll provide additional details about that below.

First, though, we wanted to share more about why we are taking this step.

We value the business of all of our customers, and especially appreciate those who have been loyal subscribers for many years. The Premier program was one way we attempted to demonstrate that we appreciated that loyalty.

This was a difficult decision, but we needed to take some actions now so that Sprint can continue offering other things our customers have told us that they appreciate most. These include:

• Simple and unlimited pricing plans without throttling or overages;
    • Cutting-edge selection of 4G, Android and other devices at affordable prices;
    • Network upgrades and strong customer service
    This isn't the only change Sprint has made to some common customer service courtesies it extends to subscribers. They've already increased the early-termination fee from $200 to $350 and cut their return-policy in more than half from 30 days to 14 days. Thankfully Sprint still plans to offer unlimited data plans and will continue to practice its policy of not throttling bandwidth for top tier users. These policy changes might not be deal breakers for many consumers, but they do align with what the other iPhone carriers offer.

Hopefully Sprint will maintain its unlimited data plan independence as well as their non-existent bandwidth throttling policy. Someone has to look out for the consumer, and in a telecom world where picking a provider is akin to picking which devil to dance with, I'd hate to see Sprint turn itself into the ugliest of the bunch.

Source: Sprint [via iPhoneHacks]

lol I'm gonna stick with AT&T...
    Last edited by i.Annie; 09-19-2011 at 06:34 PM.

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy215 View Post
    First! lol I'm gonna stick with AT&T...
    Nice that you'll stick with AT&T. However, the "first" thing you said will be removed soon Thas not why you should be here. We are all equal here at MMi.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

I would have to say that AT&T is the lesser of three evils here...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    4th! (or a later post) I jumped from Sprint to Verizon for the iPhone in early July to ensure I got the unlimited plan. I told myself I was gonna go back to Sprint once they got it, but in my area Sprint has been neglecting their towers that are down. I'll be staying with Verizon for a little while longer.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Translation:

"We here at Sprint no longer give a damn about your "loyalty" because the iPhone in and of itself combined with our new perfectly-timed sky-high early termination fees and unlimited data (for now) will KEEP you here. Thank you!" -- Sprint

Their explanation didn't explain a thing as to why they did it....all it did was reiterate what they already have for their customers.
    Last edited by RICO_; 09-19-2011 at 05:37 PM.

Ohh that very simple just switch to other provider, that easy...

Wow people still actually use Sprint?? Might as well switch to Cricket or MetroPCS while you're at it!! lmao

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I could careless... As long AT&T keeps its $50 Monthly Unlimited Plan I'm good. I changed the APN settings to get data working. Been running strong going on three months now...

Quote Originally Posted by iBwizzle View Post
    I could careless... As long AT&T keeps its $50 Monthly Unlimited Plan I'm good. I changed the APN settings to get data working. Been running strong going on three months now...
    you're with At&t on an iphone with unlimited and the data works???

I will stay with AT&T until a 4G phone is available (next year) then I will switch to Sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by swole_1 View Post
    you're with At&t on an iphone with unlimited and the data works???
    Sorry, what iphone plan is only $50? Perhaps you are getting a FAN discount.

Sprint service absolutely sucks. In the city (ie. Chicago) data is so slow it's almost non-existent. The only way to do anything is with 4G (clearwire) - which I am guessing the new Iphone is not going to have. In the country - Sprint lost their roaming agreements with Verizon. So if you do roam - you do it at 1x (non-3G) speeds. Terrible experience - I ditched by EVO and went to Verizon/Iphone (with unlimited data). Couldn't be happier. If you don't believe me, head over to some Sprint forums and you will see...

Quote Originally Posted by wiltok View Post
    Sprint service absolutely sucks. In the city (ie. Chicago) data is so slow it's almost non-existent. The only way to do anything is with 4G (clearwire) - which I am guessing the new Iphone is not going to have. In the country - Sprint lost their roaming agreements with Verizon. So if you do roam - you do it at 1x (non-3G) speeds. Terrible experience - I ditched by EVO and went to Verizon/Iphone (with unlimited data). Couldn't be happier. If you don't believe me, head over to some Sprint forums and you will see...
    Ummm, I think you don't really know what you are talking about. There is a roaming agreement between Alltel (Verizon) and sprint until 2016. " Although Alltel merged with Verizon Wireless in 2008, one of the conditions of the merger was that Verizon will honor all pre-existing agreements between Alltel and other companies. The roaming reciprocity agreement between Alltel and Sprint is set to expire in 2016." And I know for a fact that the roaming works and is free because there is a entire thread on A-Devs about how to force your Sprint phone to roam to Verizon and it is still valid. I can also say it works perfectly fine on my HTC Evo from work.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ZipZapp View Post

Sorry, what iphone plan is only $50? Perhaps you are getting a FAN discount.

He's refering to AT&T's PREPAID service. Go-Phone. $50/month for unlimited talk, text, and web. But the web doesn't work when you try and use an iphone because AT&T does not support using an iphone for prepaid.

iBwizzle can you maybe show us how you changed the APN settings to make it work? I work for AT&T and I havent been able to do so as of yet.
    Thanks.

I know AT&T doesnt support using an iphone for prepaid service, can you maybe show us all how you changed the APN settings to get it going? thanks.
    Last edited by MrNewbdude; 09-20-2011 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrNewbdude View Post
    He's refering to AT&T's PREPAID service. Go-Phone. $50/month for unlimited talk, text, and web. But the web doesn't work when you try and use an iphone because AT&T does not support using an iphone for prepaid.

iBwizzle can you maybe show us how you changed the APN settings to make it work? I work for AT&T and I havent been able to do so as of yet.
    Thanks.

I know AT&T doesnt support using an iphone for prepaid service, can you maybe show us all how you changed the APN settings to get it going? thanks.
    I am grandfathered with AT&T. I have an unlimited data plan for $30 a month. They guarantee me it will not change. I'm on my 3rd iPhone (the 4). The data is fast enough but often the 3G coverage suks in NYC!

What APN did you change too. Private message me please.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Only a matter of time before unlimited data on Sprint goes kaput too. Just like VZW.

If proven otherwise then I'd switch, bc Verizon's 3G coverage is awful where I live.

Eleventh! Lol I'm gonna stick with AT&T as well...

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Translation:

"We here at Sprint no longer give a damn about your "loyalty" because the iPhone in and of itself combined with our new perfectly-timed sky-high early termination fees and unlimited data (for now) will KEEP you here. Thank you!" -- Sprint

Their explanation didn't explain a thing as to why they did it....all it did was reiterate what they already have for their customers.
    Perfectly Said. LOL

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't blame Sprint... Or any carrier at that... Americans are too dependent on carrier subsidizes!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast