+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Premier Upgrade Program Killed Ahead of iPhone 5 Launch at Sprint

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I know that Sprint will still offer unlimited data (for now), and it may not be related...but it's funny to watch policies change where ever the iPhone goes.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

I know that Sprint will still offer unlimited data (for now), and it may not be related...but it's funny to watch policies change where ever the iPhone goes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sprint works great in LA and Orange County with 4G as well, cant wait for it to come out soon

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

AT&T was smart when they took on the iPhone..... at first they were worried if you said you were leaving them however now if you say that they don't care. Sprint and Verizon is no threat to AT&T. I keep telling my sister that has Sprint that in time she will not have unlimited everything like she does now. I think its rotten for these companies to do what they do to us.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ZipZapp View Post

Sorry, what iphone plan is only $50? Perhaps you are getting a FAN discount.

He's refering to AT&T's PREPAID service. Go-Phone. $50/month for unlimited talk, text, and web. But the web doesn't work when you try and use an iphone because AT&T does not support using an iphone for prepaid.

iBwizzle can you maybe show us how you changed the APN settings to make it work? I work for AT&T and I havent been able to do so as of yet.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by iBwizzle View Post
    I could careless... As long AT&T keeps its $50 Monthly Unlimited Plan I'm good. I changed the APN settings to get data working. Been running strong going on three months now...
    I know AT&T doesnt support using an iphone for prepaid service, can you maybe show us all how you changed the APN settings to get it going? thanks.
    Last edited by MrNewbdude; 09-20-2011 at 01:15 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iBwizzle View Post
    I could careless... As long AT&T keeps its $50 Monthly Unlimited Plan I'm good. I changed the APN settings to get data working. Been running strong going on three months now...
    What APN did you change too. Private message me please.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default YES we DO!
    Quote Originally Posted by spazturtle View Post
    You guys in the USA really get screwed by mobile companies don't you?

Here in the States, our government pretty much let's the cell phone carriers do whatever they want. We have no protections.

Our phones are LOCKED to the carrier we get them from (unless we can afford the unlocked iPhone directly from Apple) and no company will unlock their iPhones, even after the user has fulfilled her/his contract requirements. So, the phone is locked forever to the provider.

My understanding for Europe is that your phones are unlocked (all using GSM?) and you can take your hardware to ANY provider... or simply use prepaid cards... once your contracts (if any) are met.

With my locked iPhone (jailbreak community has some unlocks, but very spotty with respect to basebands supported), when i travel to anywhere outside of the US, i am FORCED to pay ATT's exorbitant "roaming" fees that they bs away saying that $1.00US per minute is a bargain! If the US government would get off their lazy backsides, and force the companies to give users some rights, then i could buy a prepaid SIM in Europe and pay a LOT less than $1.00US per minute.. But our government members all seem to be in bed with the big industry lobbyists (including cell phone operators) so US consumers are screwed.

But one can dream, can't one?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ha Ha << Grandfathered AT&T $30 unlimited data pkg....works great! lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone brbortscheller's Avatar
    Thanks

Verizon FTW

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrNewbdude View Post
    He's refering to AT&T's PREPAID service. Go-Phone. $50/month for unlimited talk, text, and web. But the web doesn't work when you try and use an iphone because AT&T does not support using an iphone for prepaid.

iBwizzle can you maybe show us how you changed the APN settings to make it work? I work for AT&T and I havent been able to do so as of yet.
    Thanks.

I know AT&T doesnt support using an iphone for prepaid service, can you maybe show us all how you changed the APN settings to get it going? thanks.
    I am grandfathered with AT&T. I have an unlimited data plan for $30 a month. They guarantee me it will not change. I'm on my 3rd iPhone (the 4). The data is fast enough but often the 3G coverage suks in NYC!

Thanks

Funny thing being grandfathered.....I don't even have kids. Lol. But really, it's the only reason I'm sticking with stupid AT&T. I still rock my 3GS, wifey has 3G. Wouldn't let her get the 4 since the 5 was coming. Sorry honey. Grrrrrr!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joedogg707 View Post
    Funny thing being grandfathered.....I don't even have kids. Lol. But really, it's the only reason I'm sticking with stupid AT&T. I still rock my 3GS, wifey has 3G. Wouldn't let her get the 4 since the 5 was coming. Sorry honey. Grrrrrr!
    lol - no kids here either. I gave husband 3GS (Had to get a data plan for him) & bargained for a new 16GB 4 for $99. for moi, AT&T is the devil I know and am dancing with - for now.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12