+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Planning Legal Action Against iPhone 5 in South Korea

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
As soon as the iPhone 5 touches down in South Korea Apple is going to be met with a swath of lawsuits from Samsung according to a report by the
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Samsung Planning Legal Action Against iPhone 5 in South Korea

As soon as the iPhone 5 touches down in South Korea Apple is going to be met with a swath of lawsuits from Samsung according to a report by the Korea Times.

"Just after the arrival of the iPhone 5 here, Samsung plans to take Apple to court here for its violation of Samsung’s wireless technology related patents," said an anonymous Samsung senior executive to the Korea Times.

"For as long as Apple does not drop mobile telecommunications functions, it would be impossible for it to sell its i-branded products without using our patents. We will stick to a strong stance against Apple during the lingering legal fights."
    It seems the Samsung Apple divorce is nearly complete. All of Samsung's efforts to legally outwit Apple haven't proved very successful thus far. The company still is unable to sell their Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet in Germany. Also there currently are as many as 23 lawsuits between the two companies taking place across numerous countries. Samsung's hostile stance in Korea toward Appe seems to highlight the downward spiral into reciprocal ill will between the two companies.

One has to wonder exactly what Samsung and their lawyers are preparing, especially considering Apple hasn't even officially announced their next phone. Why not sue Apple over the iPhone 4, or iPad? Samsung, whatever their strategy turns out to be, is at least moving into an offensive position. Apple may be the big dog in the kennel right now, but if they keep taking the legal drubbing Apple plans on dishing out, Samsung might not be able to sell their devices anywhere.

Source: Apple Insider
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 09-19-2011 at 04:06 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone romeo_herman's Avatar
    Thanks

LOL, Samsung, just tell all Korean people don't use iPhone. That's it.
    Last edited by romeo_herman; 09-19-2011 at 04:41 PM.

Thanks

"Well you see your honor, the iPhone 5 looks like our copy of the iPhone 3g..."

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post
    All of Samsung's efforts to legally outwit Apple haven't proved very successful thus far.
    So if there are 23 lawsuits taking place between the two companies which haven't been resolved yet.....then how can you say their efforts haven't proved successful? You don't know that yet because the court decisions have not been made.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Samsung and LG for that matter copy Apple as much as they can. I don't see why people would by Korean electronics anyway, only if SAMOLED+ was owned by the Japanese.

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Samsung and LG for that matter copy Apple as much as they can. I don't see why people would by Korean electronics anyway, only if SAMOLED+ was owned by the Japanese.
    What's wrong with Korean electronics? The Galaxy S I/II have been some of the best received android phones and I've personally been pretty satisfied with all of my recent Samsung purchases (ok my only LG device is a refrigerator..) You'd rather that Sony was in control of these devices and technology?
    Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. -- M.C. Escher
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge. -- D.J. Boorstin

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krosis View Post
    What's wrong with Korean electronics?
    He is just prejudice against Koreans.
    Didn't Apple get into trouble with using Nokia's wireless patents without paying for it?
    Did they jump out of Nokia's frying pan by getting into Samsung's frying pan?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    So if there are 23 lawsuits taking place between the two companies which haven't been resolved yet.....then how can you say their efforts haven't proved successful? You don't know that yet because the court decisions have not been made.
    My thoughts exactly, but like always super apple fanboy phillip always post things without any facts or makes crazy assumptions.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post

Wow. Notice the word "current", there have been way more than 23.

What's Jailbreak? Gman Smartboy's Avatar
    Thanks

I wonder what they would say if they include talks of Apple's lawsuits is their Keynote presentation.
    Perhaps many more people would side with Apple Inc.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,692 Times in 836 Posts

This is pretty ugly. I don't think they'll be friends after this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I wonder if this means I won't be getting an iPhone 5 out here...

Thanks

It's all right, MuscleNerd is on his way to South Korea as we speak....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krosis View Post
    What's wrong with Korean electronics? The Galaxy S I/II have been some of the best received android phones and I've personally been pretty satisfied with all of my recent Samsung purchases (ok my only LG device is a refrigerator..) You'd rather that Sony was in control of these devices and technology?
    Samsung Galaxy S phones are a knock off the iPhone, Samsuck tries to copy Apple as much as they can. LG suck too, they try and copy Apple too, they rip off the iOS and MacBook designs, at least Apple had the nerve to change the colour and shape of the chicklet keyboard from Sony, LG just outright copied the MacBook.

Yes I would rather have Sony in charge of AMOLED as Xperia Arc is still a nicer phone than the Galaxy S2. I realise Apple could just use OLED screen's which will be as good as AMOLED.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Green Apple
    Thanks

You are wrong I have both arc and galaxy s 2 galaxy is superior just ur hands on one and test don't just spread untruth

Thanks

lol...what if apple never launches the phone in south korea...hahaha!!! in yo face samsuck

Quote Originally Posted by norb View Post
    "well you see your honor, the iphone 5 looks like our copy of the iphone 3g..."
    hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!
    Last edited by damien6; 09-20-2011 at 04:45 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone edoutmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple is just afraid of competition and wants to set an example with Samsung. Apple knows they have lost the OS market and doesn't want to loose the hardware market hence they are applying for all these patents.I recently just sold my iPhone 4 and got a Samsung Galaxy S2 because of how Apple is bullying Samsung and other tech companies. I am very pleased with my Samsung GS2, by far one of the best phones in the market.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luketinsley View Post
    Wow. Notice the word "current", there have been way more than 23.
    Could you name a few or post some links?......I can't seem to locate anything except recent lawsuits.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Samsung Galaxy S phones are a knock off the iPhone, Samsuck tries to copy Apple as much as they can. LG suck too, they try and copy Apple too
    You might want to check your facts.
    LG came out with LG Prada before iPhone 1, using the touch screen on this Prada phone before iPhone 1.
    Using square black phone configuration before iPhone 1.
    If anything Apple iPhone copied LG Prada.
    Typical Apple fanboi accuse others before checking on the facts.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You can tell who are the Apple fanatics and who are unbiased in their views!

I have queued up every year from the iPhone 1 to the iPhone 4 and yet now I have a S2. The reason being that, even though I have not lost my appreciation of all things Apple, it is just a more superior device. It is faster and does have a nicer and bigger screen and the hardware is far superior to that of the iPhone 4. If there was an iPhone 5 to compare it to then I would take both into account but as there isn't yet, I am left with the iPhone 4 against the S2 ... and I'm sorry but the S2 is much better!

When the new iPhone 5 comes out I will happily reassess the situation but for now the S2 is the best phone out there.

..... I have to say though I do hope that Apple have taken this extra time in releasing the new iPhone so that they can do better than the Galaxy S2.
    Last edited by windowsdan; 09-20-2011 at 02:57 PM.