+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JP Morgan Analyst Calls for 2 New iPhones Next Month

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default JP Morgan Analyst Calls for 2 New iPhones Next Month

Echoing the rumor-steeped sentiment found across the tech sphere, a new research note from J.P. Morgan analyst Mark Moskowitz calls for two - yes, two - new iPhones next month.

The two projected iPhones would include the long-awaited 5th generation iPhone (presumably dubbed the iPhone 5 or iPhone 4S) and a slightly-improved or revamped iPhone 4, which would be a lower-end model relative to the iPhone 5 and largely designed to make a splash in Asia where Apple looks to rapidly grow its market share percentage.

“A device targeting China could add to Apple’s super growth rates recently exhibited in the region,” Moskowitz told his company's clients. According to a summary of the research note highlighted in the Financial Post, J.P.Morgan’s research "suggests the iPhone 5 will be based on a lighter, thinner form factor that is GSM and CDMA capable."

Simply put, we're looking at a “world-mode” iPhone, but not one that is LTE-capable. Additionally, Moskowitz projects a larger retina display coming to the iPhone 5 along with an 8 megapixel camera with LED flash.

The prospect of a dual-iPhone launch this fall could prove a “a big bang” for the value of Apple stock, Moskowitz claims. In recent days, hype and speculation surrounding Apple's October launch plans have driven shares of Apple back toward all-time record highs. On Monday morning, shares of Apple breached the $410 mark for the first time since Steve Jobs resigned as CEO of the company.

Source: The Financial Post

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The two projected iPhones would include the long-awaited 5th generation iPhone (presumably dubbed the iPhone 5 or iPhone 4S) and a slightly-improved or revamped iPhone 4
    Has it not occurred that the revamped iPhone 4 is the 4S and the 5th iPhone is the iPhone 5? As long as the iPhone 5 has a metal back like the iPod Touch and an A5 processor or better I don't care what it's called.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by baRRy boRRis View Post
    Has it not occurred that the revamped iPhone 4 is the 4S and the 5th iPhone is the iPhone 5? As long as the iPhone 5 has a metal back like the iPod Touch and an A5 processor or better I don't care what it's called.
    Second suckas!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

No metal! Yuck! The back of the iPods get scratched up so easily even just from going in and out of your pocket. NO METAL BACK, that would be stupid! And of course its going to have the A5 processor. And why would it be the iPhone 4s and iPhone 5 and have the same specs or be called the something different? Your post does not make much sense.

Green Apple
    Thanks

As long as it actually works unlike my broke 3GS I will be happy!!

superman4tqfp
    Congrats! This is your 500th article about someone saying the iPhone is coming in the fall.
    Last edited by superman4tqfp; 09-19-2011 at 11:20 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

iPhone 5 and a new 8gb iPhone 4 for $99

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by superman4tqfp View Post
    Congrats! This is your 500th article about someone saying the iPhone is coming in the fall.
    Congratulation! This post is the second to make me wonder if the user even read the article. The emphasis was not on the release date.
    Yeah, you'll be the coolest person in the room when you pull one out and show it around, but that gets old fast when three other people have them and one person somehow has one that glows in the dark.
    John C. Dvorak
    The American columnist and broadcaster in article 'Rethinking the iPhone' in PC Magazine.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I smell a $299 contract price tag for the iPhone 5 16gb and a $199 for a 4S 16gb

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    I smell a $299 contract price tag for the iPhone 5 16gb and a $199 for a 4S 16gb
    Sounds about right.

On another note I would love the back to be aluminum, but only if it's like the sides of the iPhone 4. Spiffy

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Larger retina display? Now that's what I'm talking about!

iPhone? More like MyPhone syedsufyan's Avatar
    Thanks
    It will not be called 4s if it is the fifth. Only 3gs had s because the previous generation model was called 3g .

Thanks

There are supposedly 11 comments, but I'm only seeing one. What gives? I was hoping redesigning the site would remedy this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    There are supposedly 11 comments, but I'm only seeing one. What gives? I was hoping redesigning the site would remedy this.
    It's just a bug. I'm sure they are working on a fix.
    Click on the link that says original article and you can see all the other comments.

Thanks

An analyst at JP Morgan says ..... Whoopadeedoo!
    I can read and reiterate the same claims that have spewed all over the Internet for the past 4 months as well. But if I'm from JP Morgan, I guess people will listen? Oh wait, that was EF Hutton's USP. Broker rubbish! That wasn't even noteworthy to report.
    Last edited by flash66; 09-19-2011 at 12:52 PM.

superman4tqfp
    Quote Originally Posted by robbpell View Post
    Congratulation! This post is the second to make me wonder if the user even read the article. The emphasis was not on the release date.
    Where did I say it was? This article is exactly what I said it was, a story about someone saying a new iPhone is coming in fall. The exact story we see almost twice a day on every tech site. This offered zero new information.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    And why would it be the iPhone 4s and iPhone 5 and have the same specs or be called the something different? Your post does not make much sense.
    The 4S could just be an iPhone 4 with an updated processor not necessarily the A5 and a RAM increase, the camera, screen and body design would remain unchanged whilst the iPhone 5 would have the A5 processor, an 8MP camera, a larger screen and iPad styling that doesn't shatter when you drop it and is actually comfortable to hold, unlike the iPhone 4.

As for pricing, I reckon that the 5 would be equally priced with the iPhone 4 now, so £500 for the 16GB and £600 for the 32GB with the 4S being cheaper at £400 for 16GB.

Thanks

I really don't have anything to say to you...I'm just hoping that if I quote you it will somehow unlock the other hidden comments. This is like a scavenger hunt with a message board!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to AUZambo For This Useful Post:

vantheman169 (09-19-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    I really don't have anything to say to you...I'm just hoping that if I quote you it will somehow unlock the other hidden comments. This is like a scavenger hunt with a message board!
    I know exactly what you mean! There is only one way to show those comments and that is to click "View original post" at the end of the article before the comments show up. Ever since MMi has revamped their site (twice) it has been doing this to several users, including myself. Let me know if this helps, you can do it on any post.

JP Morgan Analyst Calls for 2 New iPhones Next Month-screen-shot-2011-09-19-11.44.44-pm.png<-----------------view pic for example (view original post is at the end of the sentence)
    Last edited by vantheman169; 09-19-2011 at 10:50 PM.

Thanks

And yet you still clicked the link.