+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Orange Chief Accidentally Leaks October 15th iPhone 5 Launch Date in Europe

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Orange Chief Accidentally Leaks October 15th iPhone 5 Launch Date in Europe

In what comes as the most compelling information released to date surrounding the forthcoming launch of the iPhone 5, Stéphane Richard (CEO and Chairman of France Telecom-Orange) has "accidentally" revealed that the 5th generation iPhone will be released on October 15 in France and throughout much of the European continent.

This revelation sparked an almost universal consensus among industry experts (at least those who weighed in on the matter) that the iPhone 5 will first reach U.S. consumers on or around October 7th. Given that Apple products are commonly released in the United States one week prior to their European debut, many are now banking on October 7th for the domestic launch of this much-hyped and long-awaited device.

"If I believe what we were told, the iPhone 5 will be released on October 15," is precisely what Richard told BFM Business. It's the quote that sparked the media storm of reports about Apple's supposed release plans. Even though Apple is, naturally, silent on the speculation, it has been rumored for weeks that early-to-mid October would all but certainly bring with it the iPhone 5's release.

If you're unfamiliar with the Orange chief, Richard has a history of dishing on iPhone information before he probably should. Nonetheless, while he isn't saying anything about the origins of his knowledge, many are taking his word as the most credible validation yet that the iPhone 5 will arrive within the long-expected October time-frame.

Source: MailOnline

Thanks

que

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This news broke last week!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Might wanna read MMi once in a while Michael. Wiley posted this story last week.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

Doh
    Last edited by KraXik; 09-18-2011 at 05:46 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Maybe you should.

The story last week was some French dude. This is now some English exec backing up the rumour.
    No reference to an english exec backing up richards claims in this story or am I missing something?

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hondamaker View Post
    This news broke last week!
    Messany, is this a repost of what was already reported on the site or another reaffirming statement by the Orange CEO?

Either way the interesting thing is he mentioned nothing about the 4s. The newest rumors from some apl employees talks about both 4s and i5.

Apple does a great job when it comes to "dissinformation". I bet they have an office bet of what will spin before each launch. It's their form of office humor and entertainment.

Messany, perhaps MMI should have iPhone launch and design squares (like Superbowl squares) so we can play too. The winner gets a free newest iPhone model accessory pack. Lol. I'll take two squares!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't wait for someone to say "that's not the iPhone 5 pic?" Or "why are they showing an iPhone 4 instead?"

Just wait for it... You know it'll happen....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iPhone 5 is good Product