+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nintendo Games Not Headed to iPhone According to Nintendo CEO

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default Nintendo Games Not Headed to iPhone According to Nintendo CEO

Donít hold your breath waiting for Mario to arrive on the iPhone any time soon. At a recent post-press conference interview with Nikkei, Nintendo President and CEO Satoru Iwata denied rumors that Nintendo would begin making games for other platforms.

According to Iwata, ďThis is absolutely not under consideration. If we did this, Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo. Having a hardware development team in-house is a major strength. Itís the duty of management to make use of those strengths.Ē

Recently, Nintendoís stock rose sharply with rumors that the company would soon begin developing software for third party devices such as the iPhone. But their stock soon plunged back down when it was discovered that the rumors were unfounded.

Nintendoís latest handheld gaming system, the 3DS, has been something of a failure for the company. The system has been out for less than six months and Nintendo has already slashed the price from $249 to $169.99. Shareholders, fearing more losses, have urged Iwata to start developing games for other platforms.

Nintendo could take the same route that Sega did back in 2001 when Sega of America officially announced that they would become a third-party software publisher. With stiff competition from the likes of Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft, Sega chose to throw in the towel and just sell software. Nintendo may have to take the same route that Sega did over a decade ago.

Nintendo will continue to have financial difficulties unless they can come up with a strategy to deal with the likes of Apple. Many gamers are unwilling to spend $30 -$40 on a single game when they can easily get 30 to 40 games at the App Store for the same price, and thatís not including free titles. Hopefully, Nintendo will find a way to continue to sell innovative hardware and to release a few titles for the iPhone along the way. Iím not the only one who would love to play Super Mario Bros. on my iPhone.

Source: TechCrunch

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Stubborn is what they are! If they made Super Mario for the iPhone/iPad I would buy it in a minute! I would even pay $10.00 for it!

He needs to be holding the iPhone with Super Mario on it!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

thats a big mistake for nintendo, their time as console creators is over.That would be like Sega saying 'we will continue to make the Dreamcast otherwise we would never be sega again.'Well guess what, they're still sega and everyone is buying their stuff still.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gcastro723's Avatar
    Thanks

Nintendo Games Not Headed to iPhone.... legally of course :P

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Nintendo will be a thing of the pass unless they do what Sega did! It's their lost.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,075 Posts

me and my lousy photoshop skills lol. This is for you Toothy

Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Fml
    -.-

Thanks

Mario kart for $35 at the app store I still would buy it

"The Veins of Electricity" 240v's Avatar
    Thanks

DS's ceased after iOS came out...
    ~ 240VOLTS ~

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,338 Times in 732 Posts

So let me get this straight.

"RUMORS" of Mario for iPhone = Stock Goes UP…

No Mario for iPhone = Stock Goes Down…

And he has the nerve to say NO?

Meh hell come around sooner or later. Nintendo will always be third

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Mario kart for $35 at the app store I still would buy it
    Agreed. People would still pay $35 for a nintendo title on iOS. What they/I will not pay is $199-$299 for an iPhone + $200-$400 for a portable gaming system (ie, 3DS or PS Vita) and then $40-$60 for games, along side $200-$400 for a home console + $40-$60 for games.

In today's economy, at some point you have to choose what platform(s) you are going to support - the times of everyone owning every system available is over.

I had to go with a used XBOX360 and an iPhone - plus why would I carry around a phone and a portable gaming system? People that carry around multiple devices (especially on their belts) look like tools/douches.

tim

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

This is kinda sad. Everyone bashing Nintendo for being stubborn....but Apple has always been the same way, the two companies mirror each other in a certain way. This attitude has worked out very well for both companies (recently, obviously more so for Apple). I respect Nintendo for sticking to their guns, and I hope it works out for them, as it did for Apple. Apple never gave in to public pressure, and Nintendo is doing the same. Who are we to say what they should or shouldn't do, Nintendo has been around FOREVER! If at some point they are forced to adapt, they will!
    El Zurdo

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    This is kinda sad. Everyone bashing Nintendo for being stubborn....but Apple has always been the same way, the two companies mirror each other in a certain way. This attitude has worked out very well for both companies (recently, obviously more so for Apple). I respect Nintendo for sticking to their guns, and I hope it works out for them, as it did for Apple. Apple never gave in to public pressure, and Nintendo is doing the same. Who are we to say what they should or shouldn't do, Nintendo has been around FOREVER! If at some point they are forced to adapt, they will!
    Yes but the difference is that Nintendo is in a dieing market I mean now with smartphone gaming the need for handhelds are useless. Unless Nintendo comes up with something revolutionary but I doubt it since they've already remade two systems, 3ds and wiiu or whatever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

I think 80% of iPhone games suck, they are not as deep as nintendo games. You can only make so many games for a touch screen device, the experience is simply not the same as having physical buttons. I think nintendo will make a decision after there new "wii u" comes out, they will have a new system out a year or so before Microsoft & Sony. As long as the price is right they should be fine, and the 3ds has jumped up 40% in sales since the price drop. I don't know why you guys think nintendo is doing so bad? Look at Sony!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yes it would sell crap tons of software but it's never gonna happen, I dunno how anyone would think it is "news" that Satoru Iwata stated they wouldn't be making games for third party platforms.It'd be like writing an article about how water is wet...You'll see Nintendo games on iOS when you see iOS on a Samsung Phone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    I think 80% of iPhone games suck, they are not as deep as nintendo games. You can only make so many games for a touch screen device, the experience is simply not the same as having physical buttons. I think nintendo will make a decision after there new "wii u" comes out, they will have a new system out a year or so before Microsoft & Sony. As long as the price is right they should be fine, and the 3ds has jumped up 40% in sales since the price drop. I don't know why you guys think nintendo is doing so bad? Look at Sony!
    I hate to break this to u Sony dominates the rest of the world with the PS3 especially since their price cut. And the Vita is set to have around 100 titles coming to the system at or near launch so they aren't hurting for anything right now. Nintendo won't do iOS games simply because they want people buying their games on their hardware which makes sense. They shouldn't be prepares to go the Sega route because Sega had to lay off a lot of people and in this world economy nintendo share prices would plummet majorly If they ever announced they were only gonna do software.

Banned
    Thanks

This is retarded even thinking this.
    Thats just like asking Microsoft to start making games for the PS3.
    Why would Nintendo want to make games for another platform? You are really stupid for thinking this is a good question.

The problem with Nintendo and the 3DS is lack of games. The 3DS shop is just about empty. There are only a handful of games for it and only about 3 good ones.

IF they don't start releasing games either on the 3ds shop or real games it will die before christmas.
    AND the shop prices should drop to match other platforms. 1 example is 'Plants vs Zombies' On the 3DShop its $12 and on the iPhone its $3 so which version would you get?
    Oh, actually on the 3DS shop thats the stripped down version, there is a new cartridge for it at $40... $40 or $3... I know which one I would buy.
    Last edited by NakedFaerie; 09-17-2011 at 06:53 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    This is retarded even thinking this.Thats just like asking Microsoft to start making games for the PS3.Why would Nintendo want to make games for another platform? You are really stupid for thinking this is a good question.
    Dude.. You know nothing about Business. Because if you had a huge market to tap into but decided not to because it not played on your own system tough ****. I'm not holding my breath because IDC. Nintendo is missing out not me. I still have my jailbroken device where i can play ROMs n such. Or my Ps3 or my Nintendo Wii. Ill live with out having it on my apple devices, but remember one thing Nintendo you aren't getting my $50 ill tell you that.

And smart *** I didn't know if you noticed.. but their is something called OFFICE for mac 2011-1984. Yeahs %100 Microsoft software, not apple. Before you start talking like you ****.. do at least a little research so you don't like a retard.
    Last edited by hitman10; 09-17-2011 at 07:01 AM.

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I miss my old Sega Genesis console with Sonic the Hedgehog game. Good times back in the day.

Right before the original Playstation console with Resident Evil 2. Best game I've played for a very long time. Scared the absolute crap out of me to.
    Last edited by RICO_; 09-17-2011 at 07:05 AM.

superman4tqfp
    People were actually expecting Nintendo to start making games for iOS?