Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nintendo Games Not Headed to iPhone According to Nintendo CEO

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    I hate to break this to u Sony dominates the rest of the world with the PS3 especially since their price cut. And the Vita is set to have around 100 titles coming to the system at or near launch so they aren't hurting for anything right now. Nintendo won't do iOS games simply because they want people buying their games on their hardware which makes sense. They shouldn't be prepares to go the Sega route because Sega had to lay off a lot of people and in this world economy nintendo share prices would plummet majorly If they ever announced they were only gonna do software.
    Um. Have you been living under a rock? Compare the ps3 to the ps2 and you can easily see that the ps3 is a failure, no matter how you put it. Sorry, facts are facts.

Good choice Iwata, i respect you

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Nintendo putting their games on a platform not produced by them would be their decision to get out of the hardware market. Nobody is going to buy a mobile gaming device if they are able to play the very same games on phones that they already have. The only way I see around this is if Nintendo MAY decide to make exclusive games for these platforms. Nintendo has NEVER done this (well, not after their arcade days in the 80s) so I wouldn't expect them to bend for any reason.

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    Nintendo will be a thing of the pass unless they do what Sega did! It's their lost.
    Sorry, but based on what? Their very first quarter not turning a profit? SEGA was plummeting far longer and steeper before they decided to get out of the hardware market.

Is it possible that maybe, JUST MAYBE, the 3DS is simply a flop and has little to do with iOS apps?

EDIT: This came out harsher than intended, at least when I read it back. Nothing against you, toothy, just saying that I think a lot of people are condemning Nintendo WAY TOO EARLY.

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    Agreed. People would still pay $35 for a nintendo title on iOS. What they/I will not pay is $199-$299 for an iPhone + $200-$400 for a portable gaming system (ie, 3DS or PS Vita) and then $40-$60 for games, along side $200-$400 for a home console + $40-$60 for games.

In today's economy, at some point you have to choose what platform(s) you are going to support - the times of everyone owning every system available is over.

I had to go with a used XBOX360 and an iPhone - plus why would I carry around a phone and a portable gaming system? People that carry around multiple devices (especially on their belts) look like tools/douches.

tim
    I think we (read: not just you) are blaming the economy too much here. This isn't to say that it's not part of it, but just look at all the crap games out there. It seems with every console refresh we get fewer and fewer decent games. How long have we had the 360, Wii and PS3 now? 5+ years for all three console, right? The good titles for each console are few and far between. I count a good title as the ones that sell millions of copies, and yes, there are a handful that still sell that many. The point is, the market is still there, so long as there is a quality product. Problem is, we just aren't seeing the quality products in the numbers we used to.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 09-17-2011 at 10:53 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

That might be bad or might not. As far as I know, nintendo is doing just fine. I bought a 3DS and can't wait till more great titles are released. My problem with iOS games are that they don't last as long as a regular game console game.

Unless they conform to the times it will be the end of nintendo. I will not pay $30 or up for any game. I'm 33 I've been playing games since atari and since the gaming systems are computers why not adopted to the norm. Nintendo would sell more games through the mobile market then they ever sold. I'm talking android and apple smartphones and tablets. In my opinion there knocking there platform out of the history books. Everyone at least 38 years and younger love gaming but since the times have changed companies need to change also and who wants to lugg around a huge gaming device. We need to be able to run whatever OS we want on any device we want since games are software in the first place and play any game we want on whatever device we want. It's the devs that need to make the change being they create the games, make universal games that work on any device and plays nice with all platforms is what I want and think the future should be.

You're lucky because I have almost finished a FREE Step By Step Traffic Explosion Bootcamp for all who are interested in using article marketing the correct way.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Why is it that iOS is the harbinger of doom for Nintendo but doesn't seem to be of any effect to Sony or Microsoft?Breaking News: Nintendo has more than just their Handheld(s)Stupid sensational articles are stupid.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Um. Have you been living under a rock? Compare the ps3 to the ps2 and you can easily see that the ps3 is a failure, no matter how you put it. Sorry, facts are facts.
    Ha, PS3 a failure, your kidding right? You are soo wrong, why would anyone compare a PS2 to a PS3. If it wasn't for the Americans buying the Xbox 360, Xbox 360 would be the failure of this gaming generation. PS3 dominates everywhere in the world except North America, PS3 exclusives sell more than the 360 due to the face PS3 has more exclusives, sure Halo sells more than 1 PS3 exclusive but the total amount, PS3 sells more yearly. The only reason PS3 isn't doing as good in sales is because it was released a year after the 360 and it was more expensive. In the long run PS3 dominates with its superior graphics and games on 1 blu ray instead of 3 disc -_-

Also most of the people on this thread who are saying "Oh Nintendo are making a mistake", you guys don't know anything about games and how the gaming industry works. Sure MS could sell more Halo and Gears if they made it for the PS3 but there's something called "an exclusive", emphasis on the word EXCLUSIVE.

Mario etc are Nintendo IP's only for Nintendo hardware. iPhone ISN'T Nintendo hardware

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    Nintendo will be a thing of the pass unless they do what Sega did! It's their lost.
    Only if they continue the way they are ie, releasing Wii U and 3DS which are both pathetic hardware wise. If Nintendo can get their head together and actually make a major new console, Nintendo will survive as they have some good exclusives.

Look at Sony PS Vita and how soo many people are wanting it, its because its a major upgrade from the PSP unlike the shoddy 3DS which is just a DS with 3D with the same lame graphics and old tech touchscreen LCD.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 09-17-2011 at 08:22 PM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Didn't Nintendo make a Mario game on the 3DO? Or was it made by a different company? I don't know but I remember a Mario game on the 3DO.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeBeef View Post
    Didn't Nintendo make a Mario game on the 3DO? Or was it made by a different company? I don't know but I remember a Mario game on the 3DO.
    I don't know about that, but I do know they made at least once pc game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I don't know about that, but I do know they made at least once pc game.

Well I just found it. It's called Hotel Mario and it was for the CDi.

Hotel Mario - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Why do we keeping beating this dead horse? Do we really think Nintendo is going to let loose it's IPs onto competitor's hardware?

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Ha, PS3 a failure, your kidding right? You are soo wrong, why would anyone compare a PS2 to a PS3. If it wasn't for the Americans buying the Xbox 360, Xbox 360 would be the failure of this gaming generation. PS3 dominates everywhere in the world except North America, PS3 exclusives sell more than the 360 due to the face PS3 has more exclusives, sure Halo sells more than 1 PS3 exclusive but the total amount, PS3 sells more yearly. The only reason PS3 isn't doing as good in sales is because it was released a year after the 360 and it was more expensive. In the long run PS3 dominates with its superior graphics and games on 1 blu ray instead of 3 disc -_-

Also most of the people on this thread who are saying "Oh Nintendo are making a mistake", you guys don't know anything about games and how the gaming industry works. Sure MS could sell more Halo and Gears if they made it for the PS3 but there's something called "an exclusive", emphasis on the word EXCLUSIVE.

Mario etc are Nintendo IP's only for Nintendo hardware. iPhone ISN'T Nintendo hardware

Only if they continue the way they are ie, releasing Wii U and 3DS which are both pathetic hardware wise. If Nintendo can get their head together and actually make a major new console, Nintendo will survive as they have some good exclusives.

Look at Sony PS Vita and how soo many people are wanting it, its because its a major upgrade from the PSP unlike the shoddy 3DS which is just a DS with 3D with the same lame graphics and old tech touchscreen LCD.

PS3 Dominates?????? lol let me get you out of your dream world Sony Fanboy, yes he compares the sales of PS2 Vs PS3 because everybody compares DS with the 3DS. PS3 is the worst saled gaming system from Sony, the Wii even with SD grafics has doubled the sales of the PS3.

You are right Nintendo isn't going to release any game for other hardware but their own. They actually will fail if they do.

3DS is not a DS with 3D, you are stupid if you don't see the diference. The 3DS is actually more powerful than the PSP so it has good hardware Nintendo will succeed once they release their exclusives like Monster Hunter 3G and 4, their first party titles like Mario Land 3DS, Mario Kart 7, Pokemon or SMB for 3DS.

You say the WiiU has pathetic hardware. So far Nintendo never released the specs for the WiiU so where is the time machine you used?. And right now all 3rd parties developers are happy with the hardware and saying that it can easily pull games in 1080p native.

PS: STOP WRITING IN RED COLOR IS STUPID

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeBeef View Post
    Well I just found it. It's called Hotel Mario and it was for the CDi.

Hotel Mario - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    CDI games were not made by Nintendo's Mario and Zelda teams. They were made with the permison of Nintendo by other developers that is why those games sucks
    Last edited by Shadowmax; 09-19-2011 at 10:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12