+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 Launching October 15th According to France Telecom CEO

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default iPhone 5 Launching October 15th According to France Telecom CEO

“When is the iPhone 5 coming out?” That’s the million-dollar question right now. It seems like every few days some anonymous Apple employee or insider reveals a few new tidbits of information regarding the launch date of the iPhone 5. Of course, only Apple knows for sure and they aren’t about to let the cat out of the bag just yet.

Anonymous tipsters typically relay their information under the cover of darkness, but once in a while someone will shout their news from the rooftops.

During a discussion with a small group of French reporters, France Telecom CEO Stéphane Richard said, “If we believe what we have been told, the iPhone 5 will be released on 15 October.”

It’s important to remember, however, that Apple doesn’t always launch new products across the globe simultaneously. Just because the iPhone 4 was released in the US and Europe concurrently, doesn’t necessarily mean that they’ll do it again this time.

There have been quite a few launch dates batted around, but so far it seems likely that the world will finally get its hands on the next iPhone model sometime in the first half of October. September is already halfway over and Apple has yet to send out invitations to their annual Special Event. Hopefully, the invitations are in the mail.

Source: TechCrunch

Thanks

Finally!
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I really dont see the benefit in all this speculation. Whether its the first week, second of October or November who cares. When the phone is ready to be released Apple will let you know.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am very excited for iPhone 5.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sfkassem View Post
    I really dont see the benefit in all this speculation. Whether its the first week, second of October or November who cares. When the phone is ready to be released Apple will let you know.
    Who cares - That would be the people waiting to get a new phone and wanting to know when they will actually be able to get it

Green Apple
    Thanks

Either you have a phone already, in which case im sure you can wait. if you want an iphone 5 you can wait for an iphone 5. and if not waiting a little longer shouldnt keep you up at night

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Either you have a phone already, in which case im sure you can wait. if you want an iphone 5 you can wait for an iphone 5. and if not waiting a little longer shouldnt keep you up at night
    I am not going to get into a slanging match over it.

You make the assumption that its "keeping people up at night" - People want to know when its out - its as simple as that, which is why this is news. No one forced you to read it or comment on the story, if you dont care then so be it but dont assume that it doesnt matter to anyone else.

superman4tqfp
    At this point, unless it comes from Apple, it's not news, it's baseless speculation. This CEO basically lets us know that's she's circulating yet another rumor.

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

??? Releasing the iPh5 on a Saturday...Really??? Maybe in Europe but that doesn't feel right to me.

Thanks

ODD

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s0ulp1xel View Post
    ODD
    Yes it is. Also there is a lot more buzz about the i5 as we get closer. Below is what has been circulating in the iOS news over the past few hours. Perhaps the i5 wont be released yet or expect low available qtys. Still all speculation. However, I think pre order through APPLE wouldn't be a bad idea if you have to have the i5. The rumored assembly delays if true will more than likely make the launch like another iPad 2 launch.

As the official announcement of the iPhone 5 inevitably creeps closer there has also been a flurry of activity in the past 24 hours with more rumors, supposed leaks and speculation from a wide variety of sources. Most recently, Nick Bilton of the New York Times wrote that a “fairly different” iPhone 5 with 8 MP camera is just weeks away.

Bilton’s suggestions are by-and-large consistent with most frequent of past rumors regarding the iPhone 5. Noting this, last night reported that they have heard that there will be two different iPhone models coming next month – a low-end, iPhone 4 look-alike and the new iPhone 5.

The iPhone 5 itself is a sight to behold, we’ve been told.* It is impossibly light, yet much firmer than Samsung Galaxy phones which are backed in plastic.* The camera rivals point and shoot cameras and will be a major marketing point for this device.

There isn’t anything inherently unique in their report either, claiming that Apple’s lower-end iPhone will be similar to the current iPhone 4 whilst the iPhone 5 will be tear-drop shaped, which has been claimed before. However they do say that this lower-end iPhone (the iPhone 4S if you will), is already being produced in high quantities, with 10 million expected on launch day. The iPhone 5 though, is*apparently*seeing “continued design and production delays, at least on one assembly line” with 9to5 Mac speculating there could be slight delays and shortages until 2012.
    Last edited by kuhndsn; 09-16-2011 at 06:15 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Maybe Apple is delaying the launch this year so they don't sell out with pre-orders in 2 hours and have stock for the stores too. It's a no win situation b/c the same people that want it NOW are the sane people who will complain and bash Apple for not having enough inventory at launch to service their ever growing international customer base. At this point I'm over it... it'll come out when it comes out and I don't believe anything anyone says anymore lol.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Are you the iPhone launch police? What do you care if people are excited about it or not. And a lot of the time rumors are somewhat close to the real thing. So why dont you mind your own business. Nobody cries when you want to know about the new Justin Bieber album comes out. So let people be excited about this, what do you care? Like we have a choice on waiting for the iPhone 5 release anyways...but it would be nice to have a date.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SwatPac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Maybe Apple is delaying the launch this year so they don't sell out with pre-orders in 2 hours and have stock for the stores too. It's a no win situation b/c the same people that want it NOW are the sane people who will complain and bash Apple for not having enough inventory at launch to service their ever growing international customer base. At this point I'm over it... it'll come out when it comes out and I don't believe anything anyone says anymore lol.
    I agree 100%. It would be rather smart to match high demand with high supply. It seems every new iPhone becomes even more popular and successful than the last. I wonder how long this will continue. Will there ever be an iPhone 30? I guess we will have to sit back and watch the show.
    When Is The Apple iCar Coming Out? I Want One!

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

If they keep waiting why don't they just wait for Christmas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why get excited about anything new then? The hype is what makes new technology exciting. Let's be real here.

My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sleighton View Post

You make the assumption that its "keeping people up at night" -
    It is keeping me up at night... Wait, i work nights. Never mind. Lol.

iPhone? More like MyPhone hapishyguy's Avatar
    Thanks

I think we should be more worried about economy. 46% of population is under the poverty line in US.

The iPhone will probably sell for $600 and it cost them probably max 150 to make. Thats straight 450 profit on one phone. If they make the phone in US it will probably cost them 350-400 and then still apple can sell for 600 and make profits. This can raise JOBS in US. They they say they are patriotic. + cut the salary of the CEO and Steve Jobs in half and you can feed thousands of families in US. Afterall he is also a human being and live with half the salary.
    Last edited by hapishyguy; 09-16-2011 at 11:31 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hapishyguy View Post
    I think we should be more worried about economy. 46% of population is under the poverty line in US.

The iPhone will probably sell for $600 and it cost them probably max 150 to make. Thats straight 450 profit on one phone. If they make the phone in US it will probably cost them 350-400 and then still apple can sell for 600 and make profits. This can raise JOBS in US. They they say they are patriotic. + cut the salary of the CEO and Steve Jobs in half and you can feed thousands of families in US. Afterall he is also a human being and live with half the salary.
    Apple is a public company with thousands of investors and stock holders. These stock holders hold the board of directors responsible to make the most profit for them possible. This means outsourcing manufacturing. Think about the consequences of cutting your profit margin by that much... the Wall Street blasting.. the stock price plummet... mass investment sell off.. and LAYOFFS of existing employees as a final result. Think critically about the WHOLE picture.. not some Utopian solution for the greater good of the country.

BTW... the salary of Steve Jobs when he was CEO was $1 a year. Please research before making ridiculous claims. Kthx
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 09-16-2011 at 12:32 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

When are they announcing it then?