Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 Launching October 15th According to France Telecom CEO

Livin the iPhone Life littlelisa63's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,536 Times in 919 Posts

I think they should launch it on the 05 @ 05:05:05

lost my iPhone 4 today hope this comes soon don't want to waste money on an insurance claim when i already have an upgrade available with a 50$ discount for verizon. watch my luck verizon doesn't get it right away lol
    motorola time port>nextel i1000>nextel i90>nextel i95>nextel i860>sidekick 2>palm treo>sidekick 3>motorola slvr>blackberry pearl>iphone>iphome 3g>blackberry storm 2>droid x>iphone4>iphone4s

Quote Originally Posted by hapishyguy View Post
    I think we should be more worried about economy. 46% of population is under the poverty line in US.

The iPhone will probably sell for $600 and it cost them probably max 150 to make. Thats straight 450 profit on one phone. If they make the phone in US it will probably cost them 350-400 and then still apple can sell for 600 and make profits. This can raise JOBS in US. They they say they are patriotic. + cut the salary of the CEO and Steve Jobs in half and you can feed thousands of families in US. Afterall he is also a human being and live with half the salary.
    Oh Jesus save it. This isn't the place where you're going to get a ton of people to back your cause. This is a community where people are interested in one particular product. Get real with yourself, and then the world.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ImNix For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (09-17-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone <(O)> Device's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think we should be more worried about economy. 46% of population is under the poverty line in US.

The iPhone will probably sell for $600 and it cost them probably max 150 to make. Thats straight 450 profit on one phone. If they make the phone in US it will probably cost them 350-400 and then still apple can sell for 600 and make profits. This can raise JOBS in US. They they say they are patriotic. + cut the salary of the CEO and Steve Jobs in half and you can feed thousands of families in US. Afterall he is also a human being and live with half the salary.
    Ok I'm pretty damn sure Apple is not selling the new iPhone at 600 dollars. It cost them roughly 187 dollars to make a 16GB iPhone 4 and they sold that for 200 only making a profit of 13 dollars per unit. So think about what it would be with the iPhone 5. As much as id like to say "yes produce them in America" it would cost Apple to much money to make them here. Then when it would come time to sell them they would loose money on the deal. So then they would have to raise the price to ATTEMPT to continue to see profits just because we HAD to build them in the US. A higher price would lead to less purchases which would then lead to no success and less profits for the company which could then hurt its employees and possibly cause more unemployement.

oh and a quick FYI WHEN Jobs was CEO of Apple his salary PER YEAR was only 1 Dollar you dunderhead

Quote Originally Posted by ImNix View Post
    Oh Jesus save it. This isn't the place where you're going to get a ton of people to back your cause. This is a community where people are interested in one particular product. Get real with yourself, and then the world.
    maybe he's running for president lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow you went all politics n stuff. Oh BTW I hardly doubt cutting 50 cents from Steves salary would help the economy. He does after all only get a $1 annual paycheck from apl. Might want to check out IRS reporting and the stock trade listed salaries on the fed. Might help with your economic cause.
    Just saying.

Relax just a lil lol...

Quote Originally Posted by <(O)> Device View Post
    Ok I'm pretty damn sure Apple is not selling the new iPhone at 600 dollars. It cost them roughly 187 dollars to make a 16GB iPhone 4 and they sold that for 200 only making a profit of 13 dollars per unit. So think about what it would be with the iPhone 5. As much as id like to say "yes produce them in America" it would cost Apple to much money to make them here. Then when it would come time to sell them they would loose money on the deal. So then they would have to raise the price to ATTEMPT to continue to see profits just because we HAD to build them in the US. A higher price would lead to less purchases which would then lead to no success and less profits for the company which could then hurt its employees and possibly cause more unemployement.

oh and a quick FYI WHEN Jobs was CEO of Apple his salary PER YEAR was only 1 Dollar you dunderhead

maybe he's running for president lol
    WOW rarely do i respond to dumb posts, but do you think that because ATT sells it to you for 200 that APPLE sells it for 200? Apple sells its for 699, ATT sells it for less because they make you pay for the phone 3 fold over the course of a 2 year contract

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sfkassem For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (09-17-2011)

iPhone 5 in the way and they already making iPhone 6 and 7 lol
    Instagram: zplit
    Twitter: zplit

Unless the iPhone 5 or whatever it will be called is on the same level or close enough to a Samsung Galaxy S2, I'll not even bother upgrading.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sfkassem View Post
    WOW rarely do i respond to dumb posts, but do you think that because ATT sells it to you for 200 that APPLE sells it for 200? Apple sells its for 699, ATT sells it for less because they make you pay for the phone 3 fold over the course of a 2 year contract
    Thank you for pointing that out. To this day a lot of people don't understand the the carriers subsidize the price in exchange for a long term contract. Carriers pay Apple full price for the phone and recoup their loss plus profit over the course of the contract term.

iPhone? More like MyPhone louee6's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I just literally left the Apple Store here in Miami and got a confirmation from a good friend of mine that works there. The exact words out his mouth were, "October 10th its officially going down"...This is again direct from an Apple employee/good friend of mine!! Let's get ready People
    Behind every successful man is a surprised woman

Although Apple do give out a few free iPhones etc they mainly go to people who review them. They are not going to give away 500 000 to members of the general public. Unfortunately it is going to be a scam.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12