+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: Turntable.fm iOS App Hits App Store Finally

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Turntable.fm, the web based social music service/DJ/play-music-your-friends-hate client finally has an iOS application available in the App Store. Turntable.fm allows users to connect via a bevy of social media networks
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Turntable FM iOS App Hits App Store Finally

Turntable.fm, the web based social music service/DJ/play-music-your-friends-hate client finally has an iOS application available in the App Store.

Turntable.fm allows users to connect via a bevy of social media networks and form DJ rooms where they can play music together with their friends. Each person chooses songs they want to play and is represented by a DJ avatar at a booth. Everyone can rate each other's songs and earn points in the process. If someone's song is rated bad enough it is skipped.

Nearly all of Turntable.fm's desktop client have been ported to the iPhone. The only difference is users DJ'ing from their iPhone will have an iPhone in the hand of their Avatar. However, all is not perfect. The iPhone screen is much smaller than your laptop's screen or PC monitor and if too many DJ's are spinning in one room things get very cramped on screen. Hopefully an iPad version down the line will open up a little breathing room, or perhaps make the room a little more interactive with a DJ roundtable or separate stage areas.

Also, the app gets buggy at times with larger rooms, but overall the experience is rather seamless. The User's queue is even synched between iPhone and desktop versions allowing for easy pick up and play capability. The only downside to the queues is the inability for users to upload songs from their iPhone's music library like their desktop counterparts. This limits user's music choice to Turntable.fm's music catalogue, while expansive, doesn't have everything.

The app is free and available now in The App Store.

Source: iDownloadBlog
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 09-15-2011 at 08:22 PM.

Thanks

Seems like an awesome idea! +1

Thanks
    Thanked 1,518 Times in 610 Posts

I have my music uploading right now and a song ready to be listened to! I am also downloading the app! Check it out here! turntable - Industro Chem C0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwil736 View Post
    Seems like an awesome idea! +1
    I've been using it for a couple of days and yes it's buggy and you better have a good 3g or wifi connection or it's frustrating. It has promise, and it's fun

Roscoe my beautiful blue pittie puppy

Thanks

Calvin Harris I feel so close (nero remix) VERY good song

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Good idea!