+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible iPhone 5 Design Spoiler: Case Mate Launches Product Page for iPhone 5 Cases

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Case Mate , the makers of various smartphone cases and accessories, is raising eyebrows Thursday evening in the wake of launching a series of product pages that list - get
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Possible iPhone 5 Design Spoiler: Case Mate Launches Product Page for iPhone 5 Cases

Case Mate, the makers of various smartphone cases and accessories, is raising eyebrows Thursday evening in the wake of launching a series of product pages that list - get ready - iPhone 5 cases.

If the cases accurately represent the design of the device which will be housed within them, then, ladies and gentlemen, it appears that the 5th generation iPhone is going to be dramatically different (primarily in light of the much wider screen) from its predecessors in terms of the device's yet-to-be revealed design.

Of course, it still remains to be seen if we're dealing with fantasy or reality here, as Case Mate may simply be projecting the concept of an iPhone 5 case based on information that may not ultimately manifest in the actual iPhone 5 design. "We've spoken to iPhone accessory makers in the past who told us it's very rare for Apple to give this kind of early access to a new device's design," Business Insider reports.

On the other hand, there's a strong indication that the images do, indeed, spill the beans on the real iPhone 5 design. The evidence? The pictures have already been yanked from the company's website. Some believe this would suggest that Apple asked for the images to be removed. Is that pure speculation? Yes. But it's certainly not without a logical underlying assumption, particularly as we are no more than a few weeks away for the iPhone 5's grand unveiling.

Source: Business Insider

Green Apple
    Thanks

If this pic is legit than we are going to have a mini ipad 2 to succeed the iphone 4! Is Apple running out of ideas???

Thanks

Interesting ... Great catch messany!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by merismus View Post
    If this pic is legit than we are going to have a mini ipad 2 to succeed the iphone 4! Is Apple running out of ideas???
    Second suckas!!!

Third suckas!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 588 Posts

ummm...

Possible iPhone 5 Design Spoiler: Case Mate Launches Product Page for iPhone 5 Cases-screen-shot-2011-09-15-9.08.49-pm.png

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll take 2 iPhone 5s please, And 2 cases, thanks! (probably will get an otterbox commuter, cuz they are the ****)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

One day it's the same form factor... not today, it's radically different. I'll believe it when they freaking announce the thing. But i hope it does have a larger screen, for what it's worth.

Thanks
    I thought this was interesting when reading the info about the new phone(s) on the casemate site stated above. "From our inside resources, it appears that Apple will be indeed launching both an iPhone 5 and an iPhone 4S in early October. The speculation indicates that the iPhone 4S will feature the same form factor as the iPhone 4 but will be upgraded with the latest technology, including the A5 dual-core processor and 8 mega-pixel camera."

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks almost as if the just slightly modified the iPod touch 4th Gen design. Hopefully they won't give it the chrome back...that would be a mess...

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

iPhone? More like MyPhone gcastro723's Avatar
    Thanks

So, it looks like someone at CaseMate just got fired. I think the back of the 5 is gonna be the same as the iPad 2.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrNewbdude View Post
    I thought this was interesting when reading the info about the new phone(s) on the casemate site stated above. "From our inside resources, it appears that Apple will be indeed launching both an iPhone 5 and an iPhone 4S in early October. The speculation indicates that the iPhone 4S will feature the same form factor as the iPhone 4 but will be upgraded with the latest technology, including the A5 dual-core processor and 8 mega-pixel camera."
    I agree the info on Case Mate's website was written very well. And the fact that they have iPhone 5 and iPhone 4(s) in the drop down menu is pretty damn good key points as to what we will be released in the near future. I am stoked

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Interesting ... Great catch messany!
    More like "late catch" I'm sure the info below will be posted as news on MMI by tomorrow evening. Lol

By MACNN:

"Case-Mate's iPhone 5 case posting was corroborated by sources from within Apple on Thursday. Stating that the launch was just "weeks away," staffers gave descriptions of the new iPhone's look that reportedly lined up with the larger, tapered, aluminum look. An engineer told the NYT that the design would be "fairly different" than the iPhone 4, inside and out....

Apple Employees: “Fairly Different” iPhone 5 is “Just Weeks Away”
    Published on September 15th, 2011
    Written by: Alex Heath

The difference this time around is that two Apple employees in Cupertino have told The New York Times that a “fairly different” iPhone 5 is “just weeks away” from launch. Now we’re getting somewhere…

“We’re*just weeks away*from the announcement of the new Apple iPhone 5, according to an Apple employee who asked not to be named because he was not allowed to speak publicly for the company.”
    Last edited by kuhndsn; 09-15-2011 at 08:35 PM.

Thanks

wow i like

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    More like "late catch" I'm sure the info below will be posted as news on MMI by tomorrow evening. Lol
    I hate it when people are snobs when posting. There are some of us who get our apple news from this site and don't spend all day trolling other sites for the news "as it happens". Every time someone makes a stupid comment like "more like late catch" I want to give up reading this forum.

Get a life and stop being an a**hole on this site. These good people are reporting for FREE! Don't sneer and say "omg... You are so late...." you sound like a stupid teenage kid.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

anyone notice the bottom is thinner???? Here's another case maker from China but the front of the case without the phone

Protective Silicone Frame PC Back Case for iPhone 5G - Transparent + Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
    60% of the time, it works every time.

Thanks

Ummmm... Look at the volume buttons. Looks like an iPod Touch to me.

Uh, guys? Look at the volume buttons. I don't want to step on any techie toes, but that looks an awful lot like an ipod touch.
    Last edited by rocketApe; 09-15-2011 at 11:57 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rocketApe View Post
    Ummmm... Look at the volume buttons. Looks like an iPod Touch to me.

Uh, guys? Look at the volume buttons. I don't want to step on any techie toes, but that looks an awful lot like an ipod touch.
    You're right it does look like an iPod Touch, yet it is the iPhone 5. The 4S is the beefed up iPhone 4 whilst the iPhone 5 has the iPad/iPod 4 styling, which I can only say is about time. The iPhone 4 is so ugly and nasty to hold, the iPod Touch on the other hand looks and feels great.

Possible iPhone 5 Design Spoiler: Case Mate Launches Product Page for iPhone 5 Cases-case-mate-grab.jpg
    Last edited by baRRy boRRis; 09-16-2011 at 04:09 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by merismus View Post
    If this pic is legit than we are going to have a mini ipad 2 to succeed the iphone 4! Is Apple running out of ideas??? [URL="http://iapplenow.com/content.php?40-Case-Mate-shows-off-iPhone-5-cases-pulls-the-page-shortly-after"]
    Ha! iPad Mini
    Either way, if this is the design, then looks like a metal back. Much better than this glass crap that I keep shattering...

Thanks

Thanks for sharing

Thanks

Back to metal? Not glass?