+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is This a Leaked iPhone 5 Screen Protector?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
On Thursday, images surfaced of what's purported to be a screen protector belonging to the forthcoming fifth generation iPhone. If legitimate, the images allude to at least one palpable new
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Is This a Leaked iPhone 5 Screen Protector?

On Thursday, images surfaced of what's purported to be a screen protector belonging to the forthcoming fifth generation iPhone. If legitimate, the images allude to at least one palpable new design characteristic of the next-gen iPhone.

Presented by Unwire.hk, the images largely appear to corroborate other renderings we've seen during the summer - images that indicated a new and generally elongated home button. Additionally, the size of the screen protector - when compared to its counterpart in the iPhone 4 - reveals that the yet-to-be-unveiled iPhone 5 may be wider than previous generation models.

Of course, the legitimacy of this image remains questionable. As we've heard in recent weeks from industry analysts and connected sources in the Asian supply chain, no fundamental changes in the iPhone's design are expected. Consequently, it remains quite conceivable that the next-gen device will be called the "iPhone 4s" rather than the "iPhone 5."

To date, no other images or leaked documents have alluded to a radically redesigned handset. And this close to a new product launch, it's highly dubious that any significant forthcoming changes could have flown under the radar for so long without detection.

Source: Unwire.hk

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I think Samsung should sue them for taking a styling aspect from their Galaxy line of phones, the rectangle button with rounded edges. Samsung already has it in use, piss off Apple.If it is true, its just proof Apple is suing because they want to steal the look.

Thanks

I would like a wider screen i think it would be nice, but also keep it thin... wider home button, ummm fine with me

iPhone? More like MyPhone back2thebeatof84's Avatar
    Thanks

Before anyone asks or mentions, there isn't a separate hole for the front facing camera because the main earpiece hole is expanded to include it. It's offcenter. I've seen this rumor a few times this morning with countless commenters saying it's 100% fake because of the missing front facing camera hole.

Just looking out

Green Apple
    Thanks
    IF this is a legit screen protector for the iPhone4s/5, that rectangular home button is SO friggin' ugly. If all they did was enlarge the button (as in, not adding new features because of its size change) then I mean, if you have THAT fat of a thumb then maybe you should lose some weight just kidding....

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^^DittoFile an injunction on Apple iPhone because they stole the looks may be hard at this point, because there is no solid evidence of what it looks like this is just a screen protector.But once the product is introduced and it is similar to Samsung they can file a cease and desist order on sales of iPhones until the injunction hearing can be done, then get injunction order through so Apple will have to redo their whole design. This is significant because #1 it cost Apple a lot of money to keep design secret so investment on original iPhone5 design and the investment they will incur on the reworked iPhone5 design #2 cost of the material wasted on all the iPhone5 made

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    I think Samsung should sue them for taking a styling aspect from their Galaxy line of phones, the rectangle button with rounded edges. Samsung already has it in use, piss off Apple.If it is true, its just proof Apple is suing because they want to steal the look.
    Last edited by Mes; 09-15-2011 at 04:29 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Looks like the home button might be touch sensitive, slide to unlock maybe?

iPhone? More like MyPhone onelow99's Avatar
    Thanks

To date, no other images or leaked documents have alluded to a radically redesigned handset.
    How bout this then.......iPhone 5 to have radical new design according to Case-Mate images
    This is my PEACE sign -->

Thanks

this screen protecter seems like a design a Samsung phone would have... if the iPhone 5 will look like this, i wouldn't but it...

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

^^^ Apple steal the look of Samsung? Ya got it backwards my friend. If that is truly the next gen iPhone where the heck is the cut out for front facing camera?

Thanks

lol wow, people saying how great or ugly the phone will look, or making a decision to buy it or not buy it, or about copying some other phone's design, WITHOUT EVEN SEEING THE PHONE!!!! It's just a damn screen protector, and it COULD be one that someone just hacked up from a 3GS or 4 film into a slightly different shape.

Y'all folks jump to conclusions WAYYY to quickly.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by onelow99 View Post
    It's been pulled from their site, and rightfully so, but there's no rule that says a cases outer contours have to match a phone's contours. It remains to be seen if this is going to be the form factor of the phone. We won't know until it's announced.
    Hear my sporadic ramblings: @liquidzoo on Twitter

Thanks

Apple is extremely design conscious, this elongated button look isn't their MO. Just another knockoff phone's screen protector.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    Are you serious with that drivel? Samsung's Galaxy series of devices are garbage. I know from experience. Sales numbers confirm my theory. Btw, squares and ovals are different shapes. I bet you were the kid in class that couldn't get the wood pegs in the corresponding holes, weren't you? Meanwhile, in the real world, the iPhone5 will release. There will be lines for blocks. All 30 million units will sell out and there will be a month long waiting list, in the face of a global recession. But, it's probably because Apple sucks and everyone is a bunc of dummy stupidheads, huh? Has anything Samsung makes EVER sold out or even had a short line? No. They haven't. Why? Because their devices blow dongs. Big dongs. And lots if them. Like, at least 5 large dongs. Maybe more. I'm not sure. It's also because they make one of 7544885 Android phones on the market, and they do a very poor job at that.
    Everyone including myself is now dumber for reading this post.
    Last edited by vantheman169; 09-15-2011 at 01:16 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to vantheman169 For This Useful Post:

Madman604x (09-16-2011)

Thanks

I hope the bigger button means a go back option next to go first homescreen

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by back2thebeatof84 View Post
    Before anyone asks or mentions, there isn't a separate hole for the front facing camera because the main earpiece hole is expanded to include it. It's offcenter. I've seen this rumor a few times this morning with countless commenters saying it's 100% fake because of the missing front facing camera hole.

Just looking out
    That comment is not true at all. Not all screen protector manufacturers put the hole on there for the iPhone 4's front facing camera. My iPhone 4 screen protector does not have one, and it does not effect the quality of the pictures at all. So if thats all they are basing their "100% fake" argument on, its not much to go off of.....

Green Apple
    Thanks

I would love to see where the manufacturers get their designs for these screen protectors. The amount of money they must waste on possible (fake) concepts must be unbelievable.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphonewarrior View Post
    I would love to see where the manufacturers get their designs for these screen protectors. The amount of money they must waste on possible (fake) concepts must be unbelievable.
    Otter Box is one of my customers. They're under NDA from Apple and they get the specs far in advance of the devices production release, so that accessories will be ready in time for launch. Apple works with certain accessories manufacturers.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    That comment is not true at all. Not all screen protector manufacturers put the hole on there for the iPhone 4's front facing camera. My iPhone 4 screen protector does not have one, and it does not effect the quality of the pictures at all. So if thats all they are basing their "100% fake" argument on, its not much to go off of.....
    No....I think you two agree with each other! He's saying the slot is off-center and wider to make room for the camera.. I gotta be honest here...

1.) Apple Photo Stream Beta icon - Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums at ModMyi - Apple Photo Stream Beta Icon Hints at Possible iPhone 5 Dimensions - This is why I'd believe this screen cover post...
    2.) Case Leak 1 - Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums at ModMyi - Leaked iPhone Case Suggests iPhone 5 will be Thinner and Wider - Notice the mute switch near the power button and tapered edges.. same as below...
    3.) Case Leak 2 - iPhone 5 to have radical new design according to Case-Mate images - Looks like #1 above..

The timing of these "leaks" and similarities between them are making me "believe"?>