+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Cydia Developer Directory: Easy Access to Developer Info and Tweaks

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
With Cydia's vast network of packages, it can be difficult at times to navigate through and find information about developers and the tweaks they have created. Information of this nature
    Thanks

Default The Cydia Developer Directory: Easy Access to Developer Info and Tweaks

With Cydia's vast network of packages, it can be difficult at times to navigate through and find information about developers and the tweaks they have created. Information of this nature is key to the user and comes in handy fairly often when looking for new and useful applications and tweaks.

Recently released by ModMyi.com, the Cydia Developer Directory is a convenient portal for users to access information about developers and the tweaks they have created. Constantly evolving and expanding, the directory houses names of developers and information about them, including a small biography and details on what applications they have created. The directory is optimized to be viewed in the following fashions:
    • Available directly from the ModMyi website at the following URL: http://modmyi.com/cydiadevs
    • On mobile devices from the same URL
    • Also, if inside a package on Cydia that is hosted by the ModMyi repo, scroll down until you find the Cydia Developer Directory tab. From there, tap the button to view the directory from inside Cydia

After entering the Cydia Developer Directory, you are able to view developer information and applications and (or) tweaks they have made. You have the option to search for a specific developer or just simply scroll down through the list and choose which one you would like to view. Inside a specific developer, you will find a small biography and a list of all the applications and (or) tweaks. Tapping any of the packages listed on the specific profile will direct you to the page of the application or tweak you pressed.

Note: When viewing a profile in Cydia Developer Directory on your device, scroll to the bottom and tap the Cydia Developer Directory home button to return to the main menu.

The Cydia Developer Directory has a lot of room to grow and has a bright future in regards to incorporating with the Cydia Store experience. But in order to continue growing and thriving, ModMyi needs support from the developers out there in the community.

If you are a jailbreak developer that would like a profile in The Cydia Developer Directory, please follow these steps:
    • Read the requirements for being added to the Cydia Developer Directory here
    • If you meet the requirements or want to undergo the application process to see if you qualify, apply to the directory here

If you access the Cydia Developer Directory from your device, you are able to complete these steps as well. Also, if you find that a particular developer is not featured in the directory, contact them and let them know they can be part of this emerging community!

Source(s): Requirements: The Cydia Developer Directory, Apply to the Cydia Developer Directory
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 09-27-2011 at 07:13 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Great work!!! It's getting more awesome by the day to be apart of this community.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 838 Posts

I develop themes. I'm a developer, right? Their definition of "Developer" is very unclear.

It would be nice to be added to this list because I couldn't tell you how many times people have asked me what other work I've done. It would be nice to just point them to this app.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 588 Posts

I applied a while ago but the page just kept reloading so I gave up...maybe I'll try again

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I develop themes. I'm a developer, right? Their definition of "Developer" is very unclear.

It would be nice to be added to this list because I couldn't tell you how many times people have asked me what other work I've done. It would be nice to just point them to this app.
    We're working on a theme artist directory - this one is just for iOS developers. We've had lots of requests for a theme directory though!

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post
    We're working on a theme artist directory - this one is just for iOS developers. We've had lots of requests for a theme directory though!
    ...And Kyle you beat me to it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 588 Posts

Kinda saw that coming

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post
    Nice, I'll keep my eye out for that (I hope you run an article on it, or else it will be a year before I stumble on it myself)