Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 5 Support for MyWi 5.0, My3G, and TruPrint Released by Intelliborn

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy81 View Post
    What's the point of updating to MyWi 5.0 if it still doesn't hide tethering usage like PdaNet does??
    Read your statement again.

The POINT is the support for iOS 5

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post

Get bumped to the expensive plan on all versions!

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, if you are not SMART enough to figure out the POINT of my statement, MyWi has been useless since AT&T issued warnings about tethering. It's useless on 4.x.x, so why update it if we still can't use it for the reason we payed for it for it. Pdanet is free beside having to register it to view secure sites, but at least they offer to hide tethering. So yes, oooohhh they updated to be compatible with IOS 5, BIG DEAL!! It will still just be an icon on our phone, with no use unless your being charged by AT&T.

iPhone? More like MyPhone <(O)> Device's Avatar
    Thanks
    Personally I liked MyWi for a while but now in my opinion the risks just aren't worth the benefits.

Ok, if you are not SMART enough to figure out the POINT of my statement, MyWi has been useless since AT&T issued warnings about tethering. It's useless on 4.x.x, so why update it if we still can't use it for the reason we payed for it for it. Pdanet is free beside having to register it to view secure sites, but at least they offer to hide tethering. So yes, oooohhh they updated to be compatible with IOS 5, BIG DEAL!! It will still just be an icon on our phone, with no use unless your being charged by AT&T.
    Agree!

Since updating to MyWi to 5.0 my Bluetooth tethering doesn't work anymore. When I try to sync it to my iPad it just keeps saying 'Handshaking' and doesn't fully connect.

Also as for everyone's comment about MyWi not hiding the tethering, I read another article where it states that MyWi uses the same APN as TetherMe so I don't think it makes a difference.

Thanks

Pitiful

Your whole argument is irrelevant. If this were an article about an update for mywi with new features for ios4 and no way around the tethering issue then I'd completely agree with you. Since that's not the case you should probably get out of this thread since your complaining and arguing about something that is totally irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    Since updating to MyWi to 5.0 my Bluetooth tethering doesn't work anymore. When I try to sync it to my iPad it just keeps saying 'Handshaking' and doesn't fully connect.

Also as for everyone's comment about MyWi not hiding the tethering, I read another article where it states that MyWi uses the same APN as TetherMe so I don't think it makes a difference.
    You are correct
    Last edited by mmaboi21; 09-14-2011 at 07:31 AM.

Pitiful

Your whole argument is irrelevant. If this were an article about an update for mywi with new features for ios4 and no way around the tethering issue then I'd completely agree with you. Since that's not the case you should probably get out of this thread since your complaining and arguing about something that is totally irrelevant.

You are correct
    Well with all do respect I don't think his argument is irrelevant at all. Mywi is broken and this update does NOT fix the problem, so why even update anything? Ya it works on iOS5 but, you still can't use it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

I am on the 2 gb data plan and I use mywi alot. Basically for all the Verizon people who need to update their apps but their network is too slow. I have never had AT&T send me a text that I'm tethering. I guess it's only people on unlimited plans that can't use it.

Thanks

I wouldn't say MyWi is "broken"... Just hasn't been updated to get around Att tethering issue. The people at intelliborn said they use the same APN as PDAnet(as the guy above me just posted).

With all due respect I'm going to tell you the same thing I told the other MMI member. This article isn't about att/mywi, therefore it is irrelevant. I totally agree with you guys about the tethering issue. The app is useless of it's not fixed. I was simply pointing out that this article didn't concern that at all. Just brought to light the compatability to iOS 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    I am on the 2 gb data plan and I use mywi alot. Basically for all the Verizon people who need to update their apps but their network is too slow. I have never had AT&T send me a text that I'm tethering. I guess it's only people on unlimited plans that can't use it.
    Nope I can vouch for the 2gb plan. They sent me a text and an email about a month ago. I have used mywi since but for like 5 minutes. Plan hasn't changed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

Pitiful

You are correct
    This article IS about an update to MyWi, I'm sure everybody was expecting to see notes about hiding tethering since it's an UPDATE that would have made the app useful!!! I guess your missing a few brain cells, not even worth the time talking to you.

Anyone heared about iPhone 5? I heared it was lost and its pics was leaked out.

Thanks

This article IS about an update to MyWi, I'm sure everybody was expecting to see notes about hiding tethering since it's an UPDATE that would have made the app useful!!! I guess your missing a few brain cells, not even worth the time talking to you.
    Sour grapes??

Your Right it is an update.... For ios5 support, not tethering. I'm sure it was expected but not addressed. How much more plain do I need to get?? I don't mean to be insulting but geez. Here, take a deep breath(don't forget to exhale) and then pm me. We don't need to clutter up this thread with nonsense.(yes me too)

Sour grapes??

Your Right it is an update.... For ios5 support, not tethering. I'm sure it was expected but not addressed. How much more plain do I need to get?? I don't mean to be insulting but geez. Here, take a deep breath(don't forget to exhale) and then pm me. We don't need to clutter up this thread with nonsense.(yes me too)
    Are you sure your not a MyWi developer? You sure act like one. Hmmm

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Are you sure your not a MyWi developer? You sure act like one. Hmmm
    I would be, but apparently I am missing a few brain cells.

I wouldn't say MyWi is "broken"... Just hasn't been updated to get around Att tethering issue. The people at intelliborn said they use the same APN as PDAnet(as the guy above me just posted).

With all due respect I'm going to tell you the same thing I told the other MMI member. This article isn't about att/mywi, therefore it is irrelevant. I totally agree with you guys about the tethering issue. The app is useless of it's not fixed. I was simply pointing out that this article didn't concern that at all. Just brought to light the compatability to iOS 5.

Nope I can vouch for the 2gb plan. They sent me a text and an email about a month ago. I have used mywi since but for like 5 minutes. Plan hasn't changed.
    Yes, MyWi is BROKEN. Im using iphone 4 and im not worring about update to ios 5. But waiting to see if MiWi updates to fix the issue with thetering. I have about a month without using myWi because a dont want to lose my unlimited data plan. Just with safari, games etc i already use like 7gb of data, so even if I dont want to theter i still want my unlimited data plan. So Please mywi developers work on a fix to hide theter. Early update to ios 5 is useless for me.

Has anyone else seen a problem with iOS 5 beta 7 where once installing MyWi 5 and then rebooting with RedSnow that the Phone icon and the MyWi icon are just blank?It's a freshly reinstalled phone, and MyWi 5 is the only thing on it other than Cydia itself.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by incanzable View Post
    Yes, MyWi is BROKEN. Im using iphone 4 and im not worring about update to ios 5. But waiting to see if MiWi updates to fix the issue with thetering. I have about a month without using myWi because a dont want to lose my unlimited data plan. Just with safari, games etc i already use like 7gb of data, so even if I dont want to theter i still want my unlimited data plan. So Please mywi developers work on a fix to hide theter. Early update to ios 5 is useless for me.
    That doesn't mean it's broken... Broken means it doesn't work period. Mywi does work and you CAN use it, only your subject to getting your plan upgraded. I have used it since I've gotten the text/email and my plan hasn't changed.

Default WiFi Too
    Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post

I can no longer establish and share a 3G internet connection via WiFi. Back to PDAnet (again).

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    Me too, i use MyWi daily and i've had no problems, other than trying not to hit my 2gb cap lol. I love MyWi, it's pretty awesome, not sure why everyone it ******** so much

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12