+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GameStop Now Officially Accepting iOS Device Trade-Ins

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The rumor mill was right. Effective immediately, GameStop is offering trade-in opportunities to customers who want to get rid of their iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad in return for cash
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default GameStop Now Officially Accepting iOS Device Trade-Ins

The rumor mill was right.

Effective immediately, GameStop is offering trade-in opportunities to customers who want to get rid of their iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad in return for cash or store credit at GameStop. As MMi reported last week, rumblings about a company-wide iOS device trade-in effort by GameStop have persisted for some time. Now the cat is officially out of the bag.

"Grab your old iPod, iPhone or iPad and go to your local GameStop," the company says on its website, describing the trade-in process as a relatively simple endeavor. "A store associate will tell you the value of your trade items and give you cash or store credit," GameStop says, while not pointing to a specific value-range. "With your new cash or store credit, buy something else and save!"

For GameStop, this new program underscores the company's growing fascination with mobile devices.

Based on published reports earlier this week, GameStop is now in the process of entertaining it's own GameStop-branded Android-powered tablet for mobile gamers.

"We're in test phase right now. But we're excited at the prospect of coming out with this tablet. I would call it a 'GameStop-certified gaming platform,'" GameStop President Tony Bartel revealed. "We looked at all the tablets and these are the ones that really worked for gaming and we're going to give you a few benefits that you're not going to get elsewhere."

For GameStop, the average video-gamer's transition to mobile gaming platforms (specifically those of the smartphone and tablet varieties) has changed the way the company views its role in the gaming industry - a role that will all but certainly expand should the company ultimately introduce its own tablet.

Source: GameStop

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Ha ha I would NEVER sell my iOS devices to gamestop, EVER! As a kid, I remember trading in my games back in the days of Funcoland, which is now gamestop/ebgames. They would give me penny's for a game that was worth $50+. I cant imagine gamestop giving me $400 for my iphone 4 32GB. Why would anyone want to lose money? Haven't people herd of eBay? I don't see this taking off, but I could be wrong.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Ha ha I would NEVER sell my iOS devices to gamestop, EVER! As a kid, I remember trading in my games back in the days of Funcoland, which is now gamestop/ebgames. They would give me penny's for a game that was worth $50+. I cant imagine gamestop giving me $400 for my iphone 4 32GB. Why would anyone want to lose money? Haven't people herd of eBay? I don't see this taking off, but I could be wrong.
    Haha I totally agree! Damn ripoff! If your smart stay away & go to eBay or craigslist.

Green Apple
    Thanks

yea u can still get like 80 for a damaged 3g on ebay... why would u bother getting ripped at gamestop

Certified KeyboardSmasher Rakim's Avatar
    In Texas behind your computer desk tryin to fix what you have broken!!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by louietsang View Post
    yea u can still get like 80 for a damaged 3g on ebay... why would u bother getting ripped at gamestop

@louietsang+10,000 Taking far less than the resale value for something that is not nearly as valuable.....YEA RIGHT!! Lets ALL rush off to do that

~sn~ B4 you do, ive got some certified Rainforest land id like to sell you the deed to in the middle of the Sahara desert I will only charge you $600.00 or an Iphone 4...
    Yes Sir.... I "know" you "didn't visit THOSE Kinds of sites" to make your Computer pop up those FILTHY images....
    **As I conduct an emergency disinfect of the "Family PC" Before his wife returns home.**

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Oh Em GEE! I Gotta haz my Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3!! HEre!! Take it, Take my iphone for trade in credit! Im a stupid retard! -sigh

Thanks

How the hell was this a rumor? It's been a fact for good time now. I already knew they were going to do this, it said so on the Gamestop ad itself -__-
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

As a matter o fact, I passed by one today with a new sign outside about this

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by louietsang View Post
    They give 100$ trade credit or 80 cash for a 3GS... That's actually good buddy.

No one asked you about your past experience. Gamestop is actually a good company for ppl wanting to buy used games buddy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bonum83 View Post

No one asked you about your past experience. Gamestop is actually a good company for ppl wanting to buy used games buddy.
    Ok "buddy" buying used games is a different thing then selling your idevice for half the price you can get for it somewhere else. The only good thing about this is if you need cash fast..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Even Craigslist is a better option for fast cash IMO. Sell on eBay if you want for example $400 at least for a VZW iPhone.*

$250-$350 on Craigslist in my area. I find it hard to believe Gamestop will pay up to $250 for an iPhone. Just for kicks, I want to get a quote on mine. Perfect condition, no scratches, no damage, 16GB iPhone 4. If they dont offer at least $250 everyone is better off selling on CL. There will likely be a buyer within the first 1-2 days on CL.

Thanks

lol i remember when I bought a COD game & then traded it in. I though i was gonna get @ LEAST $20-$30 for my trade-in. All i got was $15.lol i was like ummm no thanks. They only take HIG value games & the rest they give you a Palpers price. Can't imagine them changing their tactics.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bonum83 View Post
    No its not bud bud bud bud buddy. A CL/eBayBIN for a decent working 3GS for $80 would disappear in an instant cuz you can sell it for more than that all day long. Now if they give you $80/100 for a totally faqked broken pile of parts, that's another story, might be the easiest way to dump your dead phones/pods without buyer hassles.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    $100 for an iPhone 3GS is terrible. I sold a 16GB iPhone 3GS with a cracked screen on eBay for $215

My iPhone is a Part of Me korbyn8495's Avatar
    Thanks

The iPad on their website is jailbroken.

iPhone? More like MyPhone waroftyr's Avatar
    Thanks

I justed called to ask and they said $100 for iPhone 4 32gb. $80 for cash. If that's true then it sounds like they are doing that amount for all the phones.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by korbyn8495 View Post
    The iPad on their website is jailbroken.

Lol I noticed that too

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waroftyr View Post
    I justed called to ask and they said $100 for iPhone 4 32gb. $80 for cash. If that's true then it sounds like they are doing that amount for all the phones.
    That's funny I literally just unloaded my iphone 2g that was collecting dust a few hours ago for $60... Didn't want to go through the hassle of Craigslist or ebay... Yeah I couldn't have gotten $100 or $90 for it on cl or ebay but it's not a bad option if you want instant credit. And like I said if it's just sitting around why not? Now the 3gs or 4 I wouldn't understand why someone would tolerate being lowballed but a 2g or 3g ehh...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Yeah, it's true, something that old though isn't really a big deal to go to Gamestop. It's selling an iPhone 4 and trying to upgrade to the new iPhone that's gonna make a difference.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mastuul's Avatar
    Thanks

Funcoland - classic!