Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GameStop Now Officially Accepting iOS Device Trade-Ins

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    For an iPhone 4, 32 gigs. Rey give back in store credit 250. Bunch of crooks
    Nothing in life is easy.

Omg GameStop you make me laugh,
    4 JailBreak apps on 1 page.even cydia!
    Ummm I can't post an image? Don't have permission?
    Last edited by PathKiller29; 09-13-2011 at 10:06 PM.

Gamestops funny. I like when I buy new games and they are already opened for me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    How the hell was this a rumor? It's been a fact for good time now. I already knew they were going to do this, it said so on the Gamestop ad itself -__-
    There was an article concerning the rumor, turned out to be true.

anyone else think this will effect the resale value of iDevices on Craigslist? "yeah but I can get it for that much at gamestop... " anyone know what they are selling them for ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkme93 View Post
    Ok "buddy" buying used games is a different thing then selling your idevice for half the price you can get for it somewhere else. The only good thing about this is if you need cash fast..
    The good thing about this is that you can get credit towards games or cash. That's a good thing... Is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by bigfahrter View Post
    No its not bud bud bud bud buddy. A CL/eBayBIN for a decent working 3GS for $80 would disappear in an instant cuz you can sell it for more than that all day long. Now if they give you $80/100 for a totally faqked broken pile of parts, that's another story, might be the easiest way to dump your dead phones/pods without buyer hassles.
    There are tons of iPhones on cl/eBay and do you know how much competition is on there? Go on cl and quick search and you will see many are on there bud. But when gamestop offers a service like this it does help and workout. Your mistaken to what gamestop also do as a business " that is to sell games" and they are doing a hell of a job doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
    lol i remember when I bought a COD game & then traded it in. I though i was gonna get @ LEAST $20-$30 for my trade-in. All i got was $15.lol i was like ummm no thanks. They only take HIG value games & the rest they give you a Palpers price. Can't imagine them changing their tactics.
    You must be new to this are you? Do you not know that a product generally loses value?

Quote Originally Posted by jhuff26 View Post
    $100 for an iPhone 3GS is terrible. I sold a 16GB iPhone 3GS with a cracked screen on eBay for $215
    More power to you. I never said that you couldn't but that's an exception to the rule.. Also a link to your old ad would also validate it perfectly. If not then ummm try again.

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Yeah, it's true, something that old though isn't really a big deal to go to Gamestop. It's selling an iPhone 4 and trying to upgrade to the new iPhone that's gonna make a difference.
    Bingo
    Last edited by i.Annie; 09-14-2011 at 07:09 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brokentwice View Post
    anyone else think this will effect the resale value of iDevices on Craigslist? "yeah but I can get it for that much at gamestop... " anyone know what they are selling them for ?
    Nope. Gamestop will buy it from you for much less than what someone on CL will offer you. Anybody can back that statement up. A previous user got $60 for an iPhone 2G, not a big deal bc it's an older device; but on CL it's still worth $100+ in most areas, including mine.

Thanks

I walked in and saw the sign..so I asked so as to amuse myself. My iPad 2 16GB bought for $599...GameStop was willing to give me $200 hahahahahahahahahaa...UMM HELL TO THE NOOOO!

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

The best place to sell your used IDevices is craigslist. No seller Fees and don't have to pay for shipping. Just a simple cash transaction in a public area.

If anyone is stupid enough to sell their iDevices to gamestop then they have no right to complain.

For those saying well I need quick cash. I can list an iPhone 3GS for $150 and have out of my hands in less then 30 minutes. $150 is still much higher then what gamestop would pay for a iPhone 3GS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoldycheeze88 View Post
    The best place to sell your used IDevices is craigslist. No seller Fees and don't have to pay for shipping. Just a simple cash transaction in a public area.

If anyone is stupid enough to sell their iDevices to gamestop then they have no right to complain.

For those saying well I need quick cash. I can list an iPhone 3GS for $150 and have out of my hands in less then 30 minutes. $150 is still much higher then what gamestop would pay for a iPhone 3GS.
    Don't be so cocky. It's not like that in all areas... Some of you guys are not realistic..

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    I walked in and saw the sign..so I asked so as to amuse myself. My iPad 2 16GB bought for $599...GameStop was willing to give me $200 hahahahahahahahahaa...UMM HELL TO THE NOOOO!
    I know right!? I hate this company, Costco ftw!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone <(O)> Device's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazz187s View Post
    For an iPhone 4, 32 gigs. Rey give back in store credit 250. Bunch of crooks
    They have to make a profit off of it. Buy for cheap and sell for higher price. I agree it's ******** but sadly they gotta make da moneys :/

Just great, I can see kids trying to steal stuff and GameStop will be their pawn shop.

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bonum83 View Post
    Don't be so cocky. It's not like that in all areas... Some of you guys are not realistic..
    How is that being cocky? $150 for a iPhone 3GS is dirt cheap they normally don't dip below $200.

About a month ago i sold a 8GB 3gs for $220.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ehren88888 View Post
    Just great, I can see kids trying to steal stuff and GameStop will be their pawn shop.
    Eee they can get even more on craigslist for them so sure if there stupid and ppl report there iDevice as stolen,

1. owner reports the serial number as stolen
    2. kid tries to sell it to GameStop
    3. I'm guessing cops will come

So in this case almost better for a kid to sell it to GameStop then on the street
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 09-15-2011 at 12:09 AM.

Thanks
    Yeah, sorry. Gamestop is not a great company for getting games or for helping gamers. $55 for a used game is not helping gamers. Not carrying classic games is not helping gamers. Selling opened compies of new games is not helping gamers. In addition to these practices GS also stifles competition by suing/harrassing locally owned stores around the country and makes it difficult for them to compete in the marketplace. Add in the the issue earlier this summer that brought to light GS's practice of opening games to remove ads to a competing service and it equals a company that is actually very bad for the industry.....and especially for gamers.

Anyone who goes into a GS to trade in an iPad, iPhone or iPod for pitance, gets what they deserve. If you really want to help the industry and yourself, try going to a local or family owned shop to make your trades and purchases.

Honestly seems to me there doing this to help android. Taking in old apple hardware? And only selling android tablets?
    Just like when Medal of Honor came out. Trade it in and get Black ops free.
    Unless they start selling iPhones, it looks pretty fishy

If anyone is trading in their iPhone 4 for $100 trade in or $80 cash (first sell it to me) and then seek professional help!!
    That is a CRazY price point.... I mean really, get serious!

My iPhone is a Part of Me korbyn8495's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brokentwice View Post
    Probably 10x MSRP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12