+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Flash on The iPhone. It's NOT coming. Well at least not from Adobe by themselves.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
So Adobe is backpedaling from their previous statement regarding the development of flash on the iPhone by Adobe. It now appears that Adobe will not be able to develop the
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

Default Flash on The iPhone. It's NOT coming. Well at least not from Adobe by themselves.

So Adobe is backpedaling from their previous statement regarding the development of flash on the iPhone by Adobe. It now appears that Adobe will not be able to develop the iPhone flash themselves as they previously claimed. If flash is coming to the iPhone Adobe is going to need the help of Apple.

If you remember a couple days ago Adobe announced that "We have evaluated (the software developer tools) and we think we can develop an iPhone Flash player ourselves."

Turns out they spoke too soon. Adobe has come out with a follow up stating:

“However, to bring the full capabilities of Flash to the iPhone Web-browsing experience, we do need to work with Apple beyond and above what is available through the SDK and the current license around it,” the company said.

“We think Flash availability on the iPhone benefits Apple and Adobe’s millions of joint customers, so we want to work with Apple to bring these capabilities to the device.”

Way to go Adobe. Look before you leap next time. Hopefully Apple works with you to bring flash to the iPhone, even though Steve says your current mobile flash isn't good enough.

[via macworld]

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

enigma67 (03-24-2008), rotaryheadrx7 (03-20-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Damn!!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

dang sucks i cant listen to my song on my myspace profile sigh lol
     Think Different

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

read about it on engadget this morning :-/

Thanks

Absurd.

Thanks

well this sucks...
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Thanks

I knew it was too good to be true...

Thanks

money.. money.. money..

Thanks

MOOOOOOOOOOOOney

Thanks

Well at least Adobe is willing to cooperate with this. All they need is Apple to help them out and it could be easily done. I mean, I could understand Adobe not wanting to make flash which I could understand, but when the creator of Flash is willing to help out and the other company wants to be a ****, then that really sucks. Maybe flash should be banned from all macs and see how they like it? Come on Apple, they are wanting to help you guys out and all your doing is being a complete **** about it all. Suck it all up Apple and help Adobe with flash. Your customers want it, you know they want it, shut the heck up and build with Adobe!

iPhone? More like MyPhone agentfubu's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, I'm really disappointed.

If you imagine what the first people to hack the iphone did and then you see adobe complaining they can't do something without apple's help...
    Thanks,
    Matt

Thanks

man! I really had my hopes up for flash

iPhone? More like MyPhone b3nny's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ma5t3rw1tt View Post
    Well at least Adobe is willing to cooperate with this. All they need is Apple to help them out and it could be easily done. I mean, I could understand Adobe not wanting to make flash which I could understand, but when the creator of Flash is willing to help out and the other company wants to be a ****, then that really sucks. Maybe flash should be banned from all macs and see how they like it? Come on Apple, they are wanting to help you guys out and all your doing is being a complete **** about it all. Suck it all up Apple and help Adobe with flash. Your customers want it, you know they want it, shut the heck up and build with Adobe!
    FOR REAL. FOR REALLY REAL. this is crazy. well, we all wondered how strict this whole SDK thing would REALLY pan out to be, and i think this REALLY sheds light on the situation.

dear apple,
    isn't graphic design one of the industries that kept you afloat during rough times? what program did/do (nearly) ALL graphic designers use? oh yeah. photoshop. so you told adobe no? just because it didn't fall in line with your EVIL software catalog monopoly money making scheme? well thats pretty dumb. BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU MUCH?
    apple. seriously. the GREED is so obvious. you are being SO greedy. this is all about MONEY, and its sickening. really.
    signed-
    disgusted consumer

I remember when the iphone was first announced publicly, and steve was asked why 3rd party software wouldn't be supported. His story was that viruses would be a problem. WHAT? viruses? really? but no one cares enough to attack mac desktops right? right. and no one cares enough to attack windows mobile devices right? right. but people WILL want to make viruses, spyware, etc for iphone right? right. what? no!!!
    but steve knew. steve knew 10 years ago how the software model for ipods/iphones would be. and you know what? they're gonna make more money annually from iphone software and ringtone/mp3 downloads than they make from selling iphones.

and that brings us to the most important question of all: how are they getting away with being this nasty and without anyone seeming to notice or care? (outside of the iPhone jailbreak community that is)
    and the answer is simply this: people aren't NOTICING. they don't know yet! its up to us boys and girls. i know i annoy my friends by talking about my iphone TOO much, but nonetheless i shall talk about it MORE!!!! and as long as apple continues the trend of acting more like microsoft every passing year, i will only continue to talk about it more and more and more, because they are NOT looking out for the consumer, and it becomes more obvious every day with stories like this. i am simply shocked over this whole thing.

if this is the way apple is going to treat adobe, how do you think they are going to treat YOU???
    ***points to every independent iphone dev reading this***
    and YOU???
    ****points to every single apple customer across the globe paying their hard earned money for overpriced computer hardware knowing full well that they are actually paying for awesome SOFTWARE***

i am a LONG time apple fanboy, and i am fairly positive that my next computer will be a greybox hackintosh, and i will live happily ever after with my activated/unlocked/jailbroken iphone and my PC booting OS X. f*ck you steve. go hang out with bill.

Thanks

Preaching to the choir!

Green Apple
    Thanks

****** adobe... cant beliv u get foold by steve... get ur own backbone!

Apple under estimated you Adobe! Come on, it shouldve been a great opportunity to prove them that APPLE is nothin without FLASH....think about it ADOBE...

those statements couple of days ago were believable... IT SO EMBARASSING FOR ADOBE!!! Steve is ****** laughing right now for sure!!! What a mess from adobe...WHATTA MESS!
    Last edited by sean637; 03-20-2008 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

It would be really funny if Adobe had to develope Flash using our Unnoffical SDK to develope it! Someone should make them aware of this possibility.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

Green Apple
    Thanks

**** Apple. go Adobe!!!

Thanks

Default Bright Idea
    Could the dev team work w/ adobie im sure they could get enough dontaions from consumes to START SOMETHING

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksti View Post
    Could the dev team work w/ adobie im sure they could get enough dontaions from consumes to START SOMETHING
    Yeah!!! They would get donations for sure!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Aww, cmon adobe. The solution is quite clear. I bet it wouldn't take long for a company of your stature to get into content with the iphone jailbreaking community's devs.

Whoops, looks like I was beat to the punch like 3 times. I didn't realize there was a 2nd page of replies containing only what I intended on responding with.
    Last edited by jakeb89; 03-21-2008 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost