Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report Suggests iOS 5 Beta 8 to Arrive This Friday

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Report Suggests iOS 5 Beta 8 to Arrive This Friday

According to a published report this morning by BGR, sources in the know are indicating that Apple is nearly finished with iOS and actively readying the new operating system for public release.

Based on information contained within the Boy Genius Report, Apple will likely release the eighth beta version of iOS 5 to its developers this Friday. "After beta 8," the report reads, "Apple will introduce a Gold Master build on or around September 23rd as has been rumored. We believe that build is what will be loaded onto the already-assembled iPhone 5 hardware currently waiting for final software in China."

This latest report is consistent with reports surfacing elsewhere in recent days. As MMi chronicled yesterday, Ming-Chi Kuo of Concord Securities noted in a new research correspondence issued to investors that Apple is on pace to release the golden master of iOS 5 to its iPhone and iPod touch assemblers somewhere between September 23rd and September 30th.

It is believed that once the new iPhone 5 is loaded with the latest iOS, no more than ten to twelve days will pass before the devices are here are ready for market introduction. Similarly, it is thought that iOS 5 will be released to the public in conjunction with the iPhone 5's release, likely still on pace for early to mid-October.

Source: BGR

Thanks

If this is correct then my prediction of a September release is way off...

Thanks

Too many betas for ios5 and too many rumors bout the ip5

I don't need a report that iOS 5 beta 8 will come out. Why cause either it comes or not. It's not like a report like this is revealing anything. If I said there will be an iPhone 6 it's a no brainer we just want details not a report that something will happen. I want discoveries not facts

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I don't mind 100 beta releases, if the final 5.0 was solid and didn't require monthly revisions

Thanks
    Thanked 3,261 Times in 1,388 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    I don't mind 100 beta releases, if the final 5.0 was solid and didn't require monthly revisions
    True! Then all we'd need is a stable untethered jailbreak and we're good to go!

So will it be released before the announcement of the iPhone 5?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

beta 1, beta 47. its all the same. when the gold master comes out, it will be 5.0.1

it never ends.
    60% of the time, it works every time.

Dam Apple, just bring out iOS5 and the new iPhone 5 already. Z Z Z Z z z z . . . .

i hope it comes out soon, since i updated to beta 7 my battery life is about 3 hours, i have notified my superiors but hope this fixes the problem as i have to turn my phone off numerous times during the day to last when not near a plug. but all the apps we're testing work

i also updated to beta 7 and i like it. really fast on iphone 4 with no battery problem or apps. love it on the ipad only problem there is that multitasking gestures were remove. but i'm sure there will be a crack for that soon.

iPhone? More like MyPhone <(O)> Device's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Dam Apple, just bring out iOS5 and the new iPhone 5 already. Z Z Z Z z z z . . . .
    Working out every little bug is important. Last thing you'd want is to release an unstable OS running and crashing every which way. It's coming just be patient

In the Uk will be launch btw. 1 and 7. October but be wormed that Apple will also Launch New Software with OS5 IPhone coz the try again make us hard as possible
    With Jailbreak..
    Max

Haaaaaa! good news.