+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mod Adds Glowing Apple to iPhone 4

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Hopefully their release of this information is simply them testing the response to the price-point and to get an idea of how well the mass market would warm to their
    Certified KeyboardSmasher Rakim's Avatar
    In Texas behind your computer desk tryin to fix what you have broken!!
    Thanks

Hopefully their release of this information is simply them testing the response to the price-point and to get an idea of how well the mass market would warm to their mod. IMHO it IS an AWESOME mod but just as Phillip stated in the write up, this price is far too much! How can this light mod fluctuate in price range from $80-$160.00 that is baffling! For roughly $45.00 more you can walk out of Apple with a brand new contracted 16gb iPhone tax included!!! Id love to see and use this mod at a more reasonable price. There is definitely a Mkt for it we all probably wished for it especially those of us who own Macs also,unfortunately i think this will never reach its full sales potential if the price isn't adjusted accordingly. I understand the technical work that goes into physically modding some devices especially those with micro-parts but as a professional you have to remember the sentiment, blood sweat and tears you put into the process will not ALWAYS translate into the cost that the market requires in order for your work to truly reach the audience you intend for it to. It is not uncommon. Id hate to see this idea turn into a flash in the pan based on the pricing model that iPatch is using... iPatch Mod = GREAT IDEA + Exorbitant Price = Poor Sales...
    Last edited by Rakim; 09-13-2011 at 08:52 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's pretty awesome, but for 160, no. I rather buy a new iPhone..

Thanks

lol @ $80-$160

Thanks

Definitely not worth the price(not raking any recognition from the mod) but in these times(closer to the release of the new iPhone) it's hard to justify spending that much on your previous iPhone if your planning to upgrade.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    lol @ $80-$160
    I will take 2 light bulbs that void my warranty for 200 after tax an freight please!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

$80 --> $160 is way too much. how much does a replacement back glass cost? now etch is so some light can come through the apple logo. attach a white LED to the back of the glass and trigger off the front screen back light.. may need some type of piggy back connector.. viola should be no more then $35 - $50 shipped

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Meh, new iphone coming out, maybe if I keep the 4 I'd consider it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

That's cool..... If it were cheaper.

Thanks

I wouldn't mind but sending my iPhone to another country!!! Send me the parts. I'll do it myself and still pay 100$ but not more than that

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Depends on how easy it is to install this thing (wire things in not removing the plate), and the price ($80 would be great). I would consider buying this which is something I have not said for a product made for Apple for a long time.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rgroenke661 View Post
    I wouldn't mind but sending my iPhone to another country!!! Send me the parts. I'll do it myself and still pay 100$ but not more than that
    Do you realize how desperate your sound? $100 plus your own labor is ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Depends on how easy it is to install this thing (wire things in not removing the plate), and the price ($80 would be great). I would consider buying this which is something I have not said for a product made for Apple for a long time.
    I'm sure it will be easy for the average American to solder a small wire to a tiny circuit board and be confident with the fact that if you screw up there will be no warranty.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    I'm sure it will be easy for the average American to solder a small wire to a tiny circuit board and be confident with the fact that if you screw up there will be no warranty.
    Well if they thought about this properly it may be as simple as pop an iPhone connector off, put the wire for this thing into location and pop the connector back in. <- people who opened up iPhone would know what I am talking about.
    People who do this mod would not worry about warranty, having this installed means open up your iPhone which kills your warranty anyways...

My iPhone is a Part of Me korbyn8495's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd pay 80-100 for this all day, if they released a tweak alongside it that would let you modify the intensity, toggle it on/off, etc...

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12