Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: Vodafone Product Description Suggests iPhone 5 to Come in 16GB and 32GB Flavors

Default Vodofone Product Description Suggests iPhone 5 to Come in 16GB and 32GB Flavors

Apparently U.K carrier Vodofone has outed the storage capacity of both versions of the upcoming iPhone 5 in the product description of their Vodofone Sure Signal network signal booster earlier today before amending the description and removing all signs of the iPhone 5.

In the product's description above, captured by AppleInsider, it lists all the phones compatible with the signal booster. The usual suspects are there including all the currently available iPhone iterations. However, the iPhone 5 32GB black and white models, as well as the 16GB black and white models are listed as compatible with the signal extender. We're not sure exactly what this means.

This could be viewed as confirmation of the upcoming iPhone 5 capacities and colors, or it could simply be viewed as a typo, or an educated guess implemented to drive traffic to Vodofone's product page. However, if this is accurate, and Vodofone has in fact tested these models with their signal booster, it means Apple would forgo releasing a 64GB version of their newest iPhone once again. But, seeing as Vodofone removed the iPhone 5 from the list of compatible phones it could be interpreted as the company being a little antsy.

The added 32GB of storage would help those with expansive iTunes libraries carry all their music with them, and allow those who can't say no to free applications access to every lite version of Angry Birds at all times. One has to wonder though, how useful will such a high capacity device be once iCloud is launched? With access to your iTunes Library in its entirety at all times, the extra space almost seems wasteful, but at the same time the choice to splurge and utilize the extra GBs would be a refreshing change. That's not to say many individuals are in dire need of extra space on their iPhones.

MMi users, would you purchase a 64GB iPhone 5 if it were released? How many of you need the added space?

Source: AppleInsider
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 09-11-2011 at 11:25 PM.

guh

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

I need the space. I keep trying to remove apps but I find that between a few GPS apps (different apps are better for certain trips), games, and all my other apps I'm still constantly deleting music off my 32GB iPhone 4. It doesn't help that from time to time I like to take pictures and videos. I'd totally buy a 64GB iPhone 5.

Apple deserves to rot if they don't release a 64Gb iPhone. What do they think the App Store does? FILL UP YOUR PHONE. And with the never ending amount of Apps that are being added to the App Store, it's a requirement for more capacity. I don't have much music on my phone strictly because of Apps taking up 80% of my phone's capacity.

I for one will only upgrade if it is 64gb and a 8mp camera. Though with I cloud and a 8mp camera with 32gb hello Verizon trade in program.

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

I have yet to use 16 GB, but i wish they'd bump it up to 32/64, especially if the iPhone 5 records 1080p. Video/pictures will be the biggest thing to eat space on my iPhone 5.

Quote Originally Posted by cockyjeremy View Post
    I have yet to use 16 GB, but i wish they'd bump it up to 32/64, especially if the iPhone 5 records 1080p. Video/pictures will be the biggest thing to eat space on my iPhone 5.
    I'm good with 32 gigs with about 1350 songs, 28 videos, 900 pictures, and about 100 apps, I still have 10 gigs left.

u mean, vodaphone not vodophone????

Well... we know there will be a white iP5 rolling out this year.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,755 Times in 892 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xNEOxGENESISx View Post
    u mean, vodaphone not vodophone????
    Oh dear.

It's Vodafone. Not Vodofone or vodaphone.

Vo for voice
    Da for data and
    Fone for, well phone.
    Obvious really...

But why do people still go on about 64Gb of memory?

Last time I looked there is no such thingbeing produced reliably (Toshiba tried but couldn't prodice reliably). Have I missed something? Does such a thing exist? If not, why are people surprised a 64Gb iPhone is not being released?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

The new so called "iPhone 5" would have to have these new features for me to buy it:

-4G support

-1080p video capture/playback

-64GB

-At least a 4.3 inch display if not bigger would be nice.

-Better battery life

- 720p front facing camera

-Different color beside black & white (optional)

-Louder speaker

They should at least do half
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

I could do with more space. Having to choose which music/apps to put on my phone is something I haven't had to do since I had a w880i with a 1gb card.

i am buying if they have 128GB

IMO if they can make a 64GB iTouch then they should be able to make a 64GB iPhone. It'll be pretty stupid if they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post

Last time I looked there is no such thingbeing produced reliably (Toshiba tried but couldn't prodice reliably). Have I missed something? Does such a thing exist? If not, why are people surprised a 64Gb iPhone is not being released?
    They've had 64gb drives in itouches and ipods for how many years?

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Of One X View Post
    IMO if they can make a 64GB iTouch then they should be able to make a 64GB iPhone. It'll be pretty stupid if they don't.
    By what stunning bit of logic do you come to that conclusion? The iPods can have two flash drives (32Gb each) and the iPhone has one flash drive and the telephone chips. Unless you have found a way of making 3 fit into two it's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    They've had 64gb drives in itouches and ipods for how many years?
    They have never had 64Gb drives - they have two 32Gb drives.
    Last edited by confucious; 09-12-2011 at 06:23 AM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    I need the space. I keep trying to remove apps but I find that between a few GPS apps (different apps are better for certain trips), games, and all my other apps I'm still constantly deleting music off my 32GB iPhone 4. It doesn't help that from time to time I like to take pictures and videos. I'd totally buy a 64GB iPhone 5.
    I don't really think 32g is a real issue. I know for me I never filled up my 32g. Besides if the cloud works as intended it won't be needed.

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

I would buy it and I do need the space. I mean if they are not gonna let us expand the memory ourselves then they should do it for us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast