Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Shoot Pictures With Your iPhone and Send Them Directly to Photoshop

Default Shoot Pictures With Your iPhone and Send Them Directly to Photoshop

More and more people are choosing to use their phones as their go too camera, Instagraming the bejesus out of every shot with Kodak film filters galore. Developers FlyingCarLTD have a solution for the more sophisticated cellphone photographer. It's an app called Acquire.

The purpose of the app is explained in the almost too literal name. Utilizing Adobe's Remote Connect feature Acquire automatically sends images wirelessly over your network directly to Photoshop. No need to upload files, email them, or suffer a drop in resolution. The photo is instantly transferred wirelessly to Photoshop creating a nearly delay free shoot-to-editing experience.

Setting up Acquire is pretty simple. Users need to go to the edit menu in CS5, select remote connect, and follow the on screen instructions to set up a "Photoshop Server." After that launch Acquire and select the server you just created. The only stipulation so far is that the iPhone needs to be connected to the same wireless network as the Photoshop Server. However, this is also the applications greatest limitation.

Being able to transfer photographs to photoshop is great, but any photographer worth their salt using Photoshop CS5 to edit their images is most likely shooting on a DSLR and doing more than taking simple reference photographs. Now, what would be incredibly sweet, is if this application used the iPhone's 3G wireless connectivity and allowed users to send photos directly to Photoshop from nearly anywhere. This could create an amazingly efficient and fast way for photographers in the field to get images published as fast as possible. WiFi SD cards already do this, but they only work via WiFi and can't send images via 3G connectivity. I'm looking at the jailbreak community here to develop a way for WiFi SD cards to transmit photographs directly to Photoshop using the iPhone as a 3G waypoint disguised as a WiFi network.

Acquire developer's have said they will continue to improve their application and add features making Acquire an app to watch over time. Hopefully my wireless photo dream is realized. Acquire is available for $1.99 in the App Store.

Source: iDownloadBlog
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 09-11-2011 at 07:29 PM.

I'd kinda rather see the photos simply auto-sent to a folder on my pc, rather than sit in a program that will chew through memory.

However, this all wont make a difference once iOS 5 and iCloud debuts.

iCloud will eliminate the need for most of these programs. However, sending images right to an editor's desk (to an open program no less) while out on a shoot, or during a live sporting event has a ton of potential upside.

I'm not sure how the app detects the Photoshop server, but if you can enter an IP address, you could set up port forwarding in your router and enter your external IP in the app, which will make it work even over 3G.
    This, however, means you need to have a static IP service from your ISP so you don't need to find out your external IP every time you turn the router off and back on.

Yet again, it says there are only 2 comments and only shows 2 comments when there are really at least 3 comments right now before I post this.

Now after posting this it shows all 4 comments including this one.

Quote Originally Posted by thekirbylover View Post
    I'm not sure how the app detects the Photoshop server, but if you can enter an IP address, you could set up port forwarding in your router and enter your external IP in the app, which will make it work even over 3G.
    This, however, means you need to have a static IP service from your ISP so you don't need to find out your external IP every time you turn the router off and back on.
    Or a dynamic DNS...

But what I think it's ment for is for someone with like a MacBook air or some kind of net book to shoot, edit and upload via some internet. Would be great for a journalist or for a novice/expert photographer who needs quick shots

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have CS5 and yet I can't find 'Remote Select' in any menu!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone <(O)> Device's Avatar
    Thanks
    This seems pretty useful I'll have to try it out.

It is very convenient

Banned
    Thanks
    Shock!icloud!