Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: Apple Removes Print to PDF App From App Store

I bought it some time ago... but this action by apple truly sucks! Their rules suck. This is to all developers: you are signing your soul (your IP) to the devil by entering into a lopsided agreement with a giant that basically says "we can do anything we darn please and you have no voice". I really feel sorry for them, but hey... Don't do it.
    Last edited by Mes; 09-11-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1dakotaman View Post
    Why would they do that?
    so they can sell whatever they want to whom ever they want.

so the don't have to worry about having their great idea yanked and the copied into a future version of iOS.

so they can develop apps that people want and not just what apple will allow.

so they can make more money

here's a question for you?

How many apps in the app store let you use your lock screen?

How many apps in the app store lets you remove default apple apps and use a 3rd party app instead?

Not sure when PrintToPDF came out, but TruPrint (jailbroken) allows you to do this via the same mechanism and will create an email so u can email to yourself or someone else . (Also adds support for additional Canon, HP, Epson, Brother, and Lexmark printers directly via the iOS native). (Free Trial of course )

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    This is separated and is easily readable. Lets see if the site craps it all together like the last post when I click "Add Comment".

EDIT: Yep it did.
    The mobile version is so much better but it refuses to post. I click the "add Comment" button and it does nothing.
    Now you have 2 different versions and both have bugs.
    I request to have a bugless version. How about the very first one. I never had any problems till the site started changing.
    The problem I've been noticing is the fact that there are two separate views, a blog-like "content" view, and a "forum" view, and they are not always synced with each other. I frequently see more posts in the "forum" view than I do on the content view. It's obvious the "content" side draws from the "forum" side, the latter being the original source for the content. On the old site, the CMS employed(vBCMS I believe) simply uses the forum content to display the main article and replies; I honestly feel this site would be far better of going back to vBCMS or similar for displaying the news. The out-of-sync tendencies and the issues with RSS on "news" forums (though the latter might be caused from a combination of it and vBSEO) makes it feel like a beta that was pushed out before it was ready (yeah, big shocker in the software world, right?...)
    Last edited by szr; 09-12-2011 at 12:43 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone <(O)> Device's Avatar
    Thanks
    And the red tape strikes again. Oh well :/ I guess it'll go to Cydia soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    so they can sell whatever they want to whom ever they want.

so the don't have to worry about having their great idea yanked and the copied into a future version of iOS.

so they can develop apps that people want and not just what apple will allow.

so they can make more money

here's a question for you?

How many apps in the app store let you use your lock screen?

How many apps in the app store lets you remove default apple apps and use a 3rd party app instead?
    Another great post.

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey, are there any other tweaks for pdf printing besides truprint?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12