+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Analyst: iPhone 4 Sales Show Little Sign of iPhone 5 Hype

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Clearly, the Apple community is excited for the release of the fifth generation iPhone. iPhone 4, sales, however, don't reflect this hype, and some analysts are scratching their heads with
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Analyst: iPhone 4 Sales Show Little Sign of iPhone 5 Hype

Clearly, the Apple community is excited for the release of the fifth generation iPhone. iPhone 4, sales, however, don't reflect this hype, and some analysts are scratching their heads with regard to what it could mean for 5th-gen iPhone sales.

On Friday, prominent Wall Street analyst Analyst Shaw Wu released a note to investors in which he revealed that sources in Apple's global supply chain indicate a ridiculously strong demand for the iPhone 4 lingers. Calling the demand surprisingly robust, Wu once again reiterated that the iPhone 4 remains the top-selling U.S. smartphone - not withstanding the fact that the device is now well over one-year old.

"The reason why this is remarkable is demand for iPhone 4 remains fairly robust despite it being well known that there will be an upcoming iPhone 5 refresh," Wu noted in his report. Although no one is suggesting that the iPhone 5 won't be an immediate hit and global sensation, the iPhone 5 may have its work cut out for itself in terms of catching fire the way the iPhone 4 has.

Just Thursday, MMi reported that inventory of the iPhone 4 has begun dwindling to such an extent that it may now take upwards of three days for new orders to ship. As recently as last week, orders for both the Verizon and AT&T iPhone 4 models were shipping within 24 hours. Briefly yesterday, all models and colors of the fourth generation handset were seeing decreased shipping times. As of this writing, however, shipping times appear to improved and returned to their 24-hour shipping window (although it's difficult to predict for how long this will remain the case as iPhone 5 production now monopolizes the assembly lines).

Source: 24/7 Wall Street

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Maybe there's little hype because there are no leaked images, no official specs, and no announcement of an official release date. The public knows absolutely nothing about this phone.....so naturally they don't know what to get excited about.

That's my guess anyway.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RICO_ For This Useful Post:

TheGrandFinale2001 (09-09-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Maybe there's little hype because there are no leaked images, no official specs, and no announcement of an official release date. The public knows absolutely nothing about this phone.....so naturally they don't know what to get excited about.

That's my guess anyway.
    +1 I completely agree..

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I just got an iPhone 4 and a 3GS for two of my employees today. I agree with the above.. without a release date for the iPhone 5 no one really knows what to do.. so ya gotta pull the trigger when you need to!

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post

That's my guess anyway.
    Yep, completely agree as well. I have enjoyed my iPhone 4 since I got it when it first came out. As I did with the 3GS. But I'm ready for the next iPhone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrandFinale2001 View Post
    Yep, completely agree as well. I have enjoyed my iPhone 4 since I got it when it first came out. As I did with the 3GS. But I'm ready for the next iPhone.
    Patiently waiting..

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Most people think that as Apple didn't to their yearly June show that i5 isn't coming this year.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Everyone I work with thinks the iPhone 5 is already out and that's what they're buying. They may as well buy the iPhone 4 though, if the iPhone 5 is anything like last years release, you won't be able to waltz into the store and walk out with one for at least six months...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Good business tactic by apple for not mentioning anything about iPhone 5. Sales for iPhone 4 are still strong so why tell the world way in advance that a new iPhone will be coming out only to hurt those sale figures? Once the time gets closer to release, announce a date to the public, and probably give a little rebate to those who bought an iPhone 4 a few weeks prior to the iPhone 5 release date just to keep them happy. I'm sure apple knows what they are doing.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish apple would have kept there yearly iPhone timeline. In what event will apple introduce there TOP secret device? Or is that a secret too? I hate secrets.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 856 Posts

People are just impatient. I almost had to physically hold my mom back from going to the mall to get one just the other day. Some people just can't wait. I don't really blame them - life is short.

I can wait though. I've waited for 3 years already. Another 30 days is easy. The trick is to simply go on with your life; having an advanced computer in your pocket doesn't change your life as much as you imagine it does, or want it to. Trust me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    People are just impatient. I almost had to physically hold my mom back from going to the mall to get one just the other day. Some people just can't wait. I don't really blame them - life is short.

I can wait though. I've waited for 3 years already. Another 30 days is easy. The trick is to simply go on with your life; having an advanced computer in your pocket doesn't change your life as much as you imagine it does, or want it to. Trust me.
    I agree, I remember waiting in mad excitement to get my iPhone 4, could hardly keep my mind off of it, then I finally got it and within an hour it had already lost that novelty that it had when I was waiting for it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

what would you guys do if the next iphone looks like the current iphone 4 except with better specs?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 856 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matrixhunter View Post
    what would you guys do if the next iphone looks like the current iphone 4 except with better specs?
    Well, I'm slightly more excited by the implications of a dual-core chip (and new graphics chip) than I am a complete re-design. So I would at least have that to satisfy my patience.

If it looks exactly the same then I'll wait for some reviews and some speed tests before I decide. If it's a re-design I'll probably pre-order.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

If the next phone is just a faster update then I'm buying a droid x2 or an lg thrill, the 3d on that phone is awesome.

Why stick with the same phone and boring iOS? I mean the ONLY thing I like about the iOS is the AppStore.

It's just $99 for one of these phones with a new 2yr contract, and after just one year I'm already eligible for an upgrade. I mean I love the iPhone but if they can't innovate then it's time to move on.