+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWakeUpTunes Lets You Rock Out As You Wake Up

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
We've all seen the YouTube phenomenon "David After Dentist," which portrays a groggy youngster returning to consciousness (or struggling to) after getting the feel-good juice in the dentist chair. Well,
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default MyWakeUpTunes Lets You Rock Out As You Wake Up

We've all seen the YouTube phenomenon "David After Dentist," which portrays a groggy youngster returning to consciousness (or struggling to) after getting the feel-good juice in the dentist chair. Well, it's no secret that many of us are almost equally spaced out and bleary-eyed some mornings (particularly if the night before was rough). Fortunately for those of us who emerge the fastest from sleep when good music hits, there's a wicked cool new app that should be the mandatory method used by iPhone owners to rise each morning.

If you haven't already discovered MyWakeUpTunes (and you probably haven't since the app was just released yesterday), the perfect transition from sleeping to waking up has finally arrived. When they say MyWakeUpTunes "lets you wake up to songs in your music library in a whole new way," they're not kidding. In fact, the app allows users to control the fade-in sequence of the song, which ensures that you're waking up to the best part of your chosen song.

On Friday, I briefly chatted with Tunji Afonja, President of Gx5 LLC and Efiko Software, about his app and its inspiration. "I wanted a better wake up experience," Afonja said. "Wanted to be able to control the music experience. There are many songs (particularly hip hop ) where certain parts like the intro are just not suited for waking up. There are also many songs where you only like the chorus or a certain part. With the DURVIC feature, we are able to solve these problems. This was pretty much the main reason we built this app."

Then, once you're up, you can swiftly check the weather from within the app, although you may not require this functionality if you awake to "It's Raining Men." Obviously, at that point you would already know that it's precipitating. Weather aside, however, you can also update your status (on Twitter or Facebook) without ever leaving the app. Pretty sophisticated stuff for an alarm clock app that will only run you $0.99 cents.

"Our goal is to make your wake up experience as enjoyable as possible and also let you start your day right by expressing how you feel to your friend in your social networks," Afonja says.

You can check out MyWakeUpTunes today in Apple's App Store or grab it here on iTunes.

Thanks

lol i always love your post michael looks like a great alarm for the iPhone.. now i won't have to leave my laptop on to get music as an alarm clock

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Finally a way to do this I can't believe apple never implemented this

Not finding this in Cydia, what's the source?
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 09-09-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Thanks

Oh, you mean like Alarm Clock Pro, the 2 year old $0.99 AppStore app? Cool story, bro.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

That's cool. But surprisingly I'm still partial to that nuclear melt down sound on the regular alarm app lol. Nothing says WAKE UP like that sound.
    Last edited by TheGrandFinale2001; 09-09-2011 at 06:52 PM.

Thanks

Is this like alarm clock pro where you actually have to leave the app running and unlocked?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I prefer iHome+sleep...mostly because it works great and is Free...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Finally a way to do this I can't believe apple never implemented this

Not finding this in Cydia, what's the source?
    Appstore

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Looks like it could be pretty interesting...

iPhone? More like MyPhone thekirbylover's Avatar
    Thanks

The ultimate question is: will the alarm go off if the app is in the background? I've used a couple of alarm apps but they only either give me a push notification or no message at all if it's not in the foreground.
    I know I can use a tweak like Backgrounder to have it open 24/7, but I'd rather not do that because even with only the ModMyi app open on my iPad 1 as I type this, I've got about ~27MB of RAM free. Imagine how much I'd have if a game's in the foreground with a few other apps in the background and a radio app running through Backgrounder.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    Oh, you mean like Alarm Clock Pro, the 2 year old $0.99 AppStore app? Cool story, bro.
    could not have said it better myself! laughed at the sarcasm too.. hehe.

ACP ftw.

MrB
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)

Green Apple
    Thanks

you can already do this for free.it takes about 2-3 minutes to create a custom ringtone using any song in your music library.then simply set your iPhone alarm and use that new ringtone.wham, I just saved $0.99! no need to buy this app

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tylus View Post
    you can already do this for free.it takes about 2-3 minutes to create a custom ringtone using any song in your music library.then simply set your iPhone alarm and use that new ringtone.wham, I just saved $0.99! no need to buy this app
    Exactly, has everyone forgotten about his trick?