+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Starts Program to Match Employees' Charitable Donations

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple released an internal e-mail today from Tim Cook to Apple employees highlighting a new charitable matching program. Under the program Apple will match charitable donations of its full-time employees
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Starts Program to Match Employees' Charitable Donations

Apple released an internal e-mail today from Tim Cook to Apple employees highlighting a new charitable matching program. Under the program Apple will match charitable donations of its full-time employees up to $10,000 a year. Thus far the program is only for U.S. based employees, but there are plans to expand the program in the future.

Team:

I am very happy to announce that we are kicking off a matching gift program for charitable donations. We are all really inspired by the generosity of our co-workers who give back to the community and this program is going to help that individual giving go even farther.

Starting September 15, when you give money to a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, Apple will match your gift dollar-for-dollar, up to $10,000 annually. This program will be for full-time employees in the US at first, and we'll expand it to other parts of the world over time.

Thank you all for working so hard to make a difference, both here at Apple and in the lives of others. I am incredibly proud to be part of this team.

If you'd like more information on the program, you can get it on HRWeb, which can be easily accessed through AppleWeb.

Tim
    It's good to know that Apple is extending it's philanthropy efforts out to its employees. Many companies and their CEOs focus on maximizing profits showing little concern or interest in the passions and causes their employees hold nearest to their hearts. With this program Apple seems to be confident that their cash horde, and future growth can easily support the charitable causes their company and their employees most believe in.

Source: MacRumors

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Interesting this would happen shortly after being called out for a lack of charitable contribution.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Interesting this would happen shortly after being called out for a lack of charitable contribution.
    Or... The new management the really believes in giving back. At the end of the day who cares why Apple has decided to start matching donations. It is awesome to see them stepping up to the plate and giving back!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    Or... The new management the really believes in giving back. At the end of the day who cares why Apple has decided to start matching donations. It is awesome to see them stepping up to the plate and giving back!
    It's still worthwhile to know the motive behind the change. Is it reactionary for PR purposes, or does the new management genuinely believe in the action? Can't really presume one, the other or maybe even a little of both.

Thanks

Either way this is great news.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Its worthwhile for stockholders etc.. yes, for me and most people...probably not! The average person will never even hearof Apples givings unless they follow Apple news, or Yahoo reports it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    Tim is right under Jobs, he could have done something similar to this in his own department before Apple and Jobs got called out on this.
    I hope someone donates to a fund that "Clean up Apple's pollution in China" (if it exist), so Apple would have to donate as well thus admit the fact they are polluting China.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

Haha, up to $10,000 - chump change for Apple.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Miss Jobs!