+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Shipping Times Fall As Apple Readies iPhone 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Despite being just weeks away (if not sooner) from the unveiling and subsequent public release of the iPhone 5, demand for the fourth generation iPhone remains largely unaffected. But pointing
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default iPhone 4 Shipping Times Fall As Apple Readies iPhone 5

Despite being just weeks away (if not sooner) from the unveiling and subsequent public release of the iPhone 5, demand for the fourth generation iPhone remains largely unaffected. But pointing to further evidence that iPhone 5 production is now in full swing, shipping times for newly placed iPhone 4 orders have begun to lengthen substantially.

Inventory of the iPhone 4 has begun dwindling to such an extent that it may now take upwards of three days for new orders to ship. As recent as last week, orders for both the Verizon and AT&T iPhone 4 models were shipping within 24 hours. As of this writing, all models and colors of the fourth generation handset are seeing decreased shipping times.

Similar to the reduced shipping times for the iPhone 3GS before the iPhone 4 was released, production of the iPhone 5 can clearly be blamed for the new shipping delays in question.

As my MMi colleague Phillip Swanson pointed out this morning, Foxconn, Apple's largest manufacturer, is believed to be producing upwards of 150,000 iPhone 5s a day ahead of the new device's launch. But even with production of 1.5 million units every ten days, iPhone 5 supply shortages are already being anticipated by industry analysts and market watchers who say Apple's penchant for scarce new product supply should once again whip Apple fanatics into a frenzy this October.

Source: DigiTimes, Apple Insider

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok..I'm so confused..is there no conference this fall? Sites keep talking about "the unveiling" of the phone, but yet no one at all has said it will be at a conference. Is it just going to pop up on the website out of nowhere? There is always the iPod conference around this time and the date is always talked about, but yet I don't see anything on here, Engadget, OSaily, etc about any conference. Can someone fill me in, cause I feel like I missed the memo.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

^^^^^i would like to know that to^^^^^plus, the apple UK site still says within 24 hours for 3gs and all version of the iphone 4

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gldoorii View Post
    Ok..I'm so confused..is there no conference this fall? Sites keep talking about "the unveiling" of the phone, but yet no one at all has said it will be at a conference. Is it just going to pop up on the website out of nowhere? There is always the iPod conference around this time and the date is always talked about, but yet I don't see anything on here, Engadget, OSaily, etc about any conference. Can someone fill me in, cause I feel like I missed the memo.
    What they are doing this year is a Software conference which as we all know already happend, and the ipod conference will become a Hardware conference, which makes sense. That way all new hardware will be announced all at once, iPods, iPhones, and maybe iPad also, which i doubt it. Happening very soon, i also cant fuken wait.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

It's so frustrating. The last 4 years straight the fall iPod conference has been the first week of Sept. Well that's come and gone and we don't even have a press conference notification yet.

Green Apple
    Thanks

K I didnt think there was a date yet, which is odd.. Btw, could someone tell me why there are no other comments viewable except my own when I'm logged in? I see nothing on the page but "Click to leave comment, showing 1 comment, leave a comment" and nothing to expand the comment field to see the rest.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gldoorii View Post
    K I didnt think there was a date yet, which is odd.. Btw, could someone tell me why there are no other comments viewable except my own when I'm logged in? I see nothing on the page but "Click to leave comment, showing 1 comment, leave a comment" and nothing to expand the comment field to see the rest.
    I am seeing everything ok on my computer... they are doing upgrades from what I understand... try cleaning out your browser cash and such and then load MMi

"Always remember your special and unique!"

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yup, thats Apple. Forget current customers receiving their product in a timely fashion so they can cash in on the next product.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    Yup, thats Apple. Forget current customers receiving their product in a timely fashion so they can cash in on the next product.
    I wouldn't say 3 days is all that long to have to wait. By your logic they would just have to put the iPhone 5 on hold until demand for the iPhone 4 subsided. Then you'd have a whole customer base mad about the delay of the new product. No win situation in your case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

It's certainly possible that Apple wants to make sure that their iPhone 5 stock is strong before announcing anything to the world. What other reason do they have to wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I wouldn't say 3 days is all that long to have to wait. By your logic they would just have to put the iPhone 5 on hold until demand for the iPhone 4 subsided. Then you'd have a whole customer base mad about the delay of the new product. No win situation in your case.
    Playing devil's advocate here, but there is a whole customer base ALREADY mad at the delay. This is the first your that the iPhone successor has been off of its ~365 day release schedule.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 09-08-2011 at 04:22 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Green Apple
    Thanks

I know this is just semantics, but it happened a few times so maybe I'm missing something.

The article title itself says shipping times are falling, and the third paragraph mentions reduced shipping times. But if phones are taking 3 days to ship instead of the regular one day, aren't shipping times rising/increasing?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    As of this writing, all models and colors of the fourth generation handset are seeing decreased shipping times.
    It probably should have been worded "Increased" shipping times.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

You know, a lot of items on the Apple store have increased their shipping times to 3-5 days. Maybe we are reading into this too much? The iPhone is not the only one (look at their Macs)

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,268 Times in 652 Posts

test post

Thanks

.....Blame canada

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    It's certainly possible that Apple wants to make sure that their iPhone 5 stock is strong before announcing anything to the world. What other reason do they have to wait?

Playing devil's advocate here, but there is a whole customer base ALREADY mad at the delay. This is the first your that the iPhone successor has been off of its ~365 day release schedule.
    Perhaps the fact that iOS5 is still in beta. iPhone 5 hardware can be produced but they can't ship the hardware out until iOS5 goes gold master.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    .....Blame canada
    South Park: Blame Canada Song & Video HD - YouTube

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Why are Apple releasing it soo late and not a yearly cycle!!It better be a major upgrade with an OLED screen.

Thanks

I read somewhere that the iPhone 5 will be made of spun sugar which makes it both extremely fragile and provides integrate water damage detection.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,054 Times in 4,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by quidam_brujah View Post
    I read somewhere that the iPhone 5 will be made of spun sugar which makes it both extremely fragile and provides integrate water damage detection.
    Lol that's a good one