+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Foxconn Making 150,000 iPhone 5s a Day

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Digitimes is reporting Foxconn, Apple's largest manufacturer, is producing 150,000 iPhone 5s a day leading up to the device's launch. While Foxconn's production is going full-tilt, the number of units
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Foxconn Making 150,000 iPhone 5s a Day

Digitimes is reporting Foxconn, Apple's largest manufacturer, is producing 150,000 iPhone 5s a day leading up to the device's launch.

While Foxconn's production is going full-tilt, the number of units being produced isn't the volume Apple likes leading up to the holiday shopping season. However, Digitime's sources noted that "Lens maker Largan Precision, touch panel maker TPK Holding, reinforced glass supplier G-Tech Optoelectronics and battery vendors Simplo and Dynapack are all operating at full swing currently." With Apple's supply chain operating at capacity it appears the transition away from iPhone 4 focused production is beginning.

With production at 1.5 million units every ten days, expect Apple to have enough phones available at launch, even if it is below the company's industry leading standards. Apple's other manufacturing partner, Pegatron, will apparently hold off on production until 2012 and will only be responsible for building 15% of the devices overall. This could possibly lead to shortages over the holiday season, especially considering the increased number of potential customers if the iPhone 5 does in fact launch on both Sprint and T-Mobile.

However, with Tim Cook at the helm expect Apple and their supply chain to meet demand, bar any unforeseen natural disasters or unexpected patent litigation. If they don't, well, expect iPad 2 like shortages.

Source: Digitimes
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 09-08-2011 at 08:08 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is that an actual photo of the iphone 5 in production or just a sloppy job at writing an article?

Mod edit: I am sure you could be positive when posting
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 09-08-2011 at 08:28 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

2nd ... meow

Mod edit: I am sure you could be positive when posting
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 09-08-2011 at 08:30 AM.

Thanks

I can wait to get my hands in Any new iOS device specially iPhone 5 , my friend work with AT&T and say oct 7 to be the release day.
    pain & time and glory

MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fortex24 View Post
    Is that an actual photo of the iphone 5 in production or just a sloppy job at writing an article?
    It has been passed around the last few days as a purported image of the iPhone 5 or 4S in production, but we haven't been able to substantiate its validity. Although other sites like MacPost have used it as evidence that the iPhone 5 will sport a more rectangular home button, its hard to gather much from the photo.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is that the iPhone 5 front cover in the pic?

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I am grateful for these people that work so hard. I can't wait for the new iPhone to arrive!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 838 Posts

This means there'll be a leak any day now, I hope.

Also, I kind of envy the people in that photo. Manufacturing jobs are rare in America these days, making this kind of alien/ exotic. I'm so used to working in kitchens or some other dump that the idea of working in a sterile environment is really appealing.

However, being American I would refuse to work for $20 a day, so it would never work out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How can foxconn be producing 150 000 iphones a day when ios is not even at the golden master stage? All these "first batch iphones" will get to their owners with a beta version installed?

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iFanaddic View Post
    How can foxconn be producing 150 000 iphones a day when ios is not even at the golden master stage? All these "first batch iphones" will get to their owners with a beta version installed?
    It's the new "over the air" software duh (sarcasm). Idk good question

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wasn't it talked about iOS 5 being update-able without a physical connection?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

What does an article picture have to do with the content of the article itself? Obviously it should relate to the article and the picture itself does. How many times have we seen a picture of the iPhone 4 with the metal back cover or some insanely horrible photoshopped pic posted every time there is an iPhone 5 rumor? I didn't see you complaining then!

iPhone? More like MyPhone back2thebeatof84's Avatar
    Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

When will this '4S' nonsense stop? They're going to make a next-gen iPhone, and the iPhone 4 will become the cheaper alternative. Why waste time and resources developing a cheaper iPhone when the iPhone 5s will sell out like wildfire and the iPhone 4s will have a price reduction? If there are any changes to the iPhone 4 it will be that it is now 8gigs.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    What does an article picture have to do with the content of the article itself? Obviously it should relate to the article and the picture itself does. How many times have we seen a picture of the iPhone 4 with the metal back cover or some insanely horrible photoshopped pic posted every time there is an iPhone 5 rumor? I didn't see you complaining then!
    I'm pretty sure you didn't see me complaining at all considering I've had a 3GS since launch and the iPhone 4 wasn't something that interested me. Now I'm ready to ugprade and thus follow the iPhone 5 news. Considering the article is specifically about iPhone 5 production with a picture of people assembling a device that doesn't look like any prior iPhone, I'd assume it is a picture of the iPhone 5 in production. Unfortunately no where in the article does it address the attached image and the source article doesn't have a picture at all.

It would be nice if the author didn't use false advertising (ie; the above image) to get me to click on the article. Or possibly it's just lazy writing. Pick one.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Good to know that the chances of an iPhone 5 shortage is slim to none. There should be plenty of iPhone 5s for everyone who wants to buy them right away.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Nice to see you going against a MMI member instead of the author. I do like that you are genuine.

I'm pretty sure you didn't see me complaining at all considering I've had a 3GS since launch and the iPhone 4 wasn't something that interested me. Now I'm ready to ugprade and thus follow the iPhone 5 news. Considering the article is specifically about iPhone 5 production with a picture of people assembling a device that doesn't look like any prior iPhone, I'd assume it is a picture of the iPhone 5 in production. Unfortunately no where in the article does it address the attached image and the source article doesn't have a picture at all.

It would be nice if the author didn't use false advertising (ie; the above image) to get me to click on the article. Or possibly it's just lazy writing. Pick one.
    I'm sorry but how was this false advertisement??
    The picture is very corresponding to the article, what more do you want? Here I'll give you a bIt more if it's that big of a deal, CLOSE THE ARTICLE.
    Last edited by mmaboi21; 09-08-2011 at 12:08 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,493 Times in 2,721 Posts

iPhone 5 in the way!!!! Very nice!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Your taking things to seriously.... It's an article and that's it.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

+1 it's not false advertisement by any means. No one claimed the image to be iPhone 5 related it just corresponds with the article. Showing assembly
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here