+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Theme Folders On Your SpringBoard with Beautifolders

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
A staple component in the iOS jailbreak community is the ability to theme and artistically customize your device; hands down. There are a lot of great themes out there for
    Thanks

Default Theme Folders On Your SpringBoard with Beautifolders

A staple component in the iOS jailbreak community is the ability to theme and artistically customize your device; hands down. There are a lot of great themes out there for people to choose from so most people are currently satisfied with the current themes. But, they are always excited for new releases. I can imagine however that many of us would like to start "designing" if you will our own iDevice experience. Maybe there's lack of Photoshop or some other program editing skills or artistic drive; who knows. But what developers that are also themers are starting to realize is that they can bridge that gap by building tweaks that begin to take the burden off of rummaging through SSH or doing a ton of design work. A new tweak called Beautifolders seemingly aims to do this. Here's what it is all about:

The premise behind Beautifolders is that you're able to theme the folders on your SpringBoard with ease. There's no icon added but you can change the theme for all your folders directly in the Settings.app tab. After applying the theme, simply respring directly inside the Settings tab for Beautifolders and you're on your way! There are a few included themes for your folders but the real aim is to allow the individual to customize it themselves. Included with Beautifolders is a guide that helps you theme your folders; you can find this guide by using SSH and going to this location:

/var/mobile/Library/Folders/Readme.txt

As you can see from the header picture, I was able to change my folder theme - however it is a theme that is included with Beautifolders.

If this tweak sounds of interest to you, give it a go. The tweak is simple and easy to use so no worries there. It is available on Cydia now for free and should work on all devices and firmwares (has not been tested on the iOS 5 beta - do so at your own risk).

Name: Beautifolders
    Author: michaelhaseth
    Version: 1.0
    Price: Free

Source(s): Cydia
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 09-07-2011 at 09:47 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Pretty nice, but for some reason when I use the Kieyal Styled Folders, my "games" folder appears all blue and my "utilities" folder looks like a piece of paper. Neither have the "9 app preview" anymore. Weird...

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I like it! Can't wait for people to start building themes for this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ill still stick to Categories & CategoriesSB until they allow you to add whatever icon for each folder. Having the nine preview apps just looks like crap. And having all of the folders without preview makes them all look the same. I really wish someone would add the features of Categories to a Folders editing program because I would way rather use Folders than Categories.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Boots13 View Post
    my "utilities" folder looks like a piece of paper. Neither have the "9 app preview" anymore. Weird...
    +1

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

What's the deal with this and 'Foldericons' being released at the same time? Same author different name and repo?

Also which is best?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peelerdude View Post
    Ill still stick to Categories & CategoriesSB until they allow you to add whatever icon for each folder. Having the nine preview apps just looks like crap. And having all of the folders without preview makes them all look the same. I really wish someone would add the features of Categories to a Folders editing program because I would way rather use Folders than Categories.
    Have you seen Foldericons? New app which let's folders have icons. Modmyi should review it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pakijawan View Post
    Have you seen Foldericons? New app which let's folders have icons. Modmyi should review it.
    I'm getting there...

What's Jailbreak? michaelhaseth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    What's the deal with this and 'Foldericons' being released at the same time? Same author different name and repo?

Also which is best?
    Hi, I am the developer of Beautifolders. I contacted the guy that made FolderIcons earlier today, because I too was wondering what was up. But he explained that he had the same Idea as me around the same time as me, he sent me a link to a discussion thread that was started august 30 by him about the idea (I wont post the thread because of the site it is on).

So its legit, but I would stick to Beautifolders. It is easier to apply and organize themes, unlike in FolderIcons were you have to manually set each icon manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Boots13 View Post
    Pretty nice, but for some reason when I use the Kieyal Styled Folders, my "games" folder appears all blue and my "utilities" folder looks like a piece of paper. Neither have the "9 app preview" anymore. Weird...
    That's actually a feature of Beautifolders, the ability to toggle the mini icon grid (or "9 app preview") on or off through a plist file (another feature FolderIcons lacks). Kieyal Styled Folders simply shows this feature off. If you don't like it, go to /var/mobile/Library/Folders/Kieyal Styled Folders/Info.plist and remove
    Code:
    Music
    Games
    Utilities
    from the HideMiniIconsGrid array !
    Last edited by michaelhaseth; 09-07-2011 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Fixed quote

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Finally themeing for those folders... I have one question, is it compatible with folder enhancer?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Has anybody tried this on iOS 5 beta 7 ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Arrow BeautiFolders Issues and a Work In Progress Theme
    Just bumping this thread. Hoping someone has seen my post and has some input on the issue I'm having.
    Code:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/skinning-themes-discussion/804931-beautifolders-theming-issues-creating-my-own-folder-icons.html
    Also, I have a theme that is a work in progress using BeautiFolders... hope you like.
    Theme Folders On Your SpringBoard with Beautifolders-523799_10150908322340921_658115920_12505754_266047052_n.jpg