+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GameStop The Next Stop for New and Used iOS Devices

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
We've received a tip this weekend from a reader who says that GameStop is about to begin selling the iPhone. In fact, all signs presently point to GameStop offering the
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default GameStop The Next Stop for New and Used iOS Devices

We've received a tip this weekend from a reader who says that GameStop is about to begin selling the iPhone. In fact, all signs presently point to GameStop offering the full iDevice line - iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Although no major announcement or press push has transpired, we understand that several GameStop locations (we can't yet confirm if this is across all locations) have begun accepting iOS device trade-ins for in-store credit.

It now appears all but certain that GameStop will become the next retail outlet to carry the iDevice line, presumably as soon as October when the iPhone 5 is released. As of this writing, we can't yet confirm just much credit GameStop is offering in return for used Apple hardware. Additionally, it remains to be seen if GameStop will make previously-owned or refurbished iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads available for in-store or online purchase.

As the investment world learned during each of Apple's quarterly earnings reports this year, the expanded distribution and availability of iDevices at retail outlets in the United States and the world at large contributed greatly to the millions upon millions of iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads sold during the last twelve months. For Apple, the addition of GameStop to its retail family seems like a no-brainer.

As MMi reported early Monday, despite no confirmed release date for the iPhone 5, Deutsche Telekom is already gearing up for the fifth-generation iPhone release by accepting in-store preorders for the Apple smartphone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Raybeast's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice! Apple owns the world!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Makes sense, the iphone/ipad/ipod is one of the most if not the best hand held gaming device out.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Cool! Now if only att could unlock our phones already!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brianiino View Post
    Makes sense, the iphone/ipad/ipod is one of the most if not the best hand held gaming device out.
    Have you ever used a real hand held gaming device? Because no matter how you slice it, the Apple devices will never be the best hand held gaming device, people shouldn't even label them as such. Now on topic, why gamestop? Their a shady company with bad reputation.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,512 Times in 2,730 Posts

Cool stuff!!
    Instagram: zplit
    Twitter: zplit

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller006 View Post
    Have you ever used a real hand held gaming device? Because no matter how you slice it, the Apple devices will never be the best hand held gaming device, people shouldn't even label them as such. Now on topic, why gamestop? Their a shady company with bad reputation.
    A real hand held device? The iDevices out there are the reason why REAL handheld devices are dropping their prices, because they can't compete! We may be speaking our own opinions but that is a fact.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,336 Times in 730 Posts

Agreed. I have a friend who works at a Gamestop and they will take care of me but the other Gamestop I went too today were douchebags

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Adayday; 09-05-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raybeast View Post
    Nice! Apple owns the world!
    whats next , AM PM & 7-11 ?
    how bout walgreens & cvs lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by puissance000 View Post
    Cool! Now if only att could unlock our phones already!
    I agree AT&T should be REQUIRED to unlock iPhones now that is no longer exclusive.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Do share what makes you say gamestop is a "shady company with a bad reputation." I've heard only good things about them and have had great experience with them

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks
    Gamestop Uk branches are piss poor. To be avoided at all cost.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

GameStop in Austin TX are good, maybe now the shortage of iPhone 5's will be less , also when the iPhone 5 comes out if the lines are long try Gamestop hopefully this doesnt get out lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

This was announced in the last e-mail I got from GameStop. It is for sure true.

Green Apple
    Thanks

What's sad is how people will flock to this to get rid of old devices just to get ripped off by Game$top's TIV, when in reality they could get sooo much more by eBaying it.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I've been a handheld gamer since the original gameboy. I had a PSP an DS Lite, but I found myself playing my iPhone 4 more than either. When I'm at home I'd rather play a console than a handheld. On the go I always have my iP4 with me and the gaming experience is good enough for me to not wanting to bother carrying a dedicated handheld around.