+ Reply
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: GameStop The Next Stop for New and Used iOS Devices

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
We've received a tip this weekend from a reader who says that GameStop is about to begin selling the iPhone. In fact, all signs presently point to GameStop offering the
...
  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Posts
    3,741
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

    Default GameStop The Next Stop for New and Used iOS Devices


    We've received a tip this weekend from a reader who says that GameStop is about to begin selling the iPhone. In fact, all signs presently point to GameStop offering the full iDevice line - iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Although no major announcement or press push has transpired, we understand that several GameStop locations (we can't yet confirm if this is across all locations) have begun accepting iOS device trade-ins for in-store credit.

    It now appears all but certain that GameStop will become the next retail outlet to carry the iDevice line, presumably as soon as October when the iPhone 5 is released. As of this writing, we can't yet confirm just much credit GameStop is offering in return for used Apple hardware. Additionally, it remains to be seen if GameStop will make previously-owned or refurbished iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads available for in-store or online purchase.

    As the investment world learned during each of Apple's quarterly earnings reports this year, the expanded distribution and availability of iDevices at retail outlets in the United States and the world at large contributed greatly to the millions upon millions of iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads sold during the last twelve months. For Apple, the addition of GameStop to its retail family seems like a no-brainer.

    As MMi reported early Monday, despite no confirmed release date for the iPhone 5, Deutsche Telekom is already gearing up for the fifth-generation iPhone release by accepting in-store preorders for the Apple smartphone.

  2. #2
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Raybeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    257
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 36 Times in 21 Posts

    Nice! Apple owns the world!

  3. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    144
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Makes sense, the iphone/ipad/ipod is one of the most if not the best hand held gaming device out.

  4. #4
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Cool! Now if only att could unlock our phones already!

  5. #5
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    B7R
    Posts
    203
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by brianiino View Post
    Makes sense, the iphone/ipad/ipod is one of the most if not the best hand held gaming device out.
    Have you ever used a real hand held gaming device? Because no matter how you slice it, the Apple devices will never be the best hand held gaming device, people shouldn't even label them as such. Now on topic, why gamestop? Their a shady company with bad reputation.

  6. #6
    The Modder Supporter zplit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,725
    Thanks
    6,229
    Thanked 5,512 Times in 2,730 Posts

    Cool stuff!!
    Instagram: zplit
    Twitter: zplit

  7. #7
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    144
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller006 View Post
    Have you ever used a real hand held gaming device? Because no matter how you slice it, the Apple devices will never be the best hand held gaming device, people shouldn't even label them as such. Now on topic, why gamestop? Their a shady company with bad reputation.
    A real hand held device? The iDevices out there are the reason why REAL handheld devices are dropping their prices, because they can't compete! We may be speaking our own opinions but that is a fact.

  8. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,987
    Thanks
    645
    Thanked 1,336 Times in 730 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller006 View Post
    Have you ever used a real hand held gaming device? Because no matter how you slice it, the Apple devices will never be the best hand held gaming device, people shouldn't even label them as such. Now on topic, why gamestop? Their a shady company with bad reputation.
    Agreed. I have a friend who works at a Gamestop and they will take care of me but the other Gamestop I went too today were douchebags

  9. #9
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    ...
    Last edited by Adayday; 09-05-2011 at 07:34 PM.

  10. #10
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    141
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Raybeast View Post
    Nice! Apple owns the world!
    whats next , AM PM & 7-11 ?
    how bout walgreens & cvs lol

  11. #11
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by puissance000 View Post
    Cool! Now if only att could unlock our phones already!
    I agree AT&T should be REQUIRED to unlock iPhones now that is no longer exclusive.

  12. #12
    The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    2,127
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 94 Times in 88 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller006 View Post
    Have you ever used a real hand held gaming device? Because no matter how you slice it, the Apple devices will never be the best hand held gaming device, people shouldn't even label them as such. Now on topic, why gamestop? Their a shady company with bad reputation.
    Do share what makes you say gamestop is a "shady company with a bad reputation." I've heard only good things about them and have had great experience with them

    secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

  13. #13
    Green Apple Tomcat50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Gamestop Uk branches are piss poor. To be avoided at all cost.

  14. #14
    Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 239 Times in 197 Posts

    GameStop in Austin TX are good, maybe now the shortage of iPhone 5's will be less , also when the iPhone 5 comes out if the lines are long try Gamestop hopefully this doesnt get out lol

  15. #15
    My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    669
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 67 Times in 53 Posts

    This was announced in the last e-mail I got from GameStop. It is for sure true.

  16. #16
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 17 Times in 8 Posts

    What's sad is how people will flock to this to get rid of old devices just to get ripped off by Game$top's TIV, when in reality they could get sooo much more by eBaying it.

  17. #17
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    49
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller006 View Post
    Have you ever used a real hand held gaming device? Because no matter how you slice it, the Apple devices will never be the best hand held gaming device, people shouldn't even label them as such. Now on topic, why gamestop? Their a shady company with bad reputation.
    I've been a handheld gamer since the original gameboy. I had a PSP an DS Lite, but I found myself playing my iPhone 4 more than either. When I'm at home I'd rather play a console than a handheld. On the go I always have my iP4 with me and the gaming experience is good enough for me to not wanting to bother carrying a dedicated handheld around.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts