+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Leaked Internal Best Buy Memos Reveal Details About iPhone 5 Launch, Sprint

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Last week Sprint sent out an internal memo to their employees informing them not to speculate on whether the company would start carrying the iPhone 5 this fall when asked
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Leaked Internal Best Buy Memos Reveal Details About iPhone 5 Launch, Sprint

Last week Sprint sent out an internal memo to their employees informing them not to speculate on whether the company would start carrying the iPhone 5 this fall when asked by curious customers. BGR got their mitts on a Best Buy internal memo that confirms what everyone gleaned from the Sprint memo leaked last week: Sprint is going to be carrying the iPhone 5 come October.

The leaked memo, pictured above, doesn't give any product details or specifications, but is extremely blunt in what it is talking about.

BBYM: iPhone 5 product introduction expected, pre-sales begin for expected October week 1 launch/ Sprint launches iPhone 5.... (Apple product introduction/Launch dates subject to change)
    Whether or not Best Buy is right, or if they're simply basing their expectations on the same rumors we've been privy to over the last few weeks is not known. But, the fact remains a major retailer is expecting Apple to launch a product soon, and anticipates being able to take pre-orders as early as next week according to BGR's tipster.

Also, a Best Buy "Apple Fixture" instillation order slated for Friday, October 21 fits the Wall Street Journal's claims that the iPhone 5 would see a mid to late October launch. Best Buy had orders placed for similar structures in advance of the iPhone 4's launch last year. These are not simple installations either, and are usually signals of new product launches or a major push by the retailer to sell products that are expected to be extremely popular. More and more information is being leaked each week, and if Apple wants to capitalize on the element of surprise and avoid and iPhone 4 early reveal fiasco like last year, the company should make some sort of move this week while the iron is piping hot.

Sources: BGR, iPhone Hacks
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 09-04-2011 at 11:42 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, that cat's out of the bag now I suppose. There is almost no chance for Sprint NOT to get the iPhone 5. I think they played it smart though,. Rather than adopting the iPhone 4 past the middle of it's life (as VZW did) they are adopting a brand new phone on (or close to) the initial USA carrier launch date. I can already see the commercials bragging about unlimited data (and rightfully so). Happy I have unlimited with AT&T. It's a much better experience overall.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 09-04-2011 at 01:39 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i cant wait for this to come out and for apple to give a date

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So.. Uhm.. I don’t get it.

Does this means iPhone 5 will only be announced next month? Not September?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,487 Times in 2,719 Posts

I may try sprint then lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by finch View Post
    So.. Uhm.. I donít get it.

Does this means iPhone 5 will only be announced next month? Not September?
    It should be announced this month.

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

"the company should make some sort of move this week while the iron is piping hot."

Oh you mean on the 7th? The date that's been predicted for months?

Thanks

Finally I can have a good phone on Sprint!

Thanks

Is Apple gonna host a media event before the release of the iPhone 5?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kariodude View Post
    "the company should make some sort of move this week while the iron is piping hot."

Oh you mean on the 7th? The date that's been predicted for months?
    Ha yes, the date we've mentioned several times, but no one has confirmed. Usually Apple sends out invitations confirming the date, with a cute little picture and tagline that hints at the media events focus. Those invitations haven't surfaced yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 588 Posts

ooo Resistance 3 AND MW3 cool...
    oh yeah, iPhone is cool too i guess LOL.

waiting...

Thanks

There better be a 64GB model iPhone 5 with a dramatically increased screen size or I will be really disappointed
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    There better be a 64GB model iPhone 5 with a dramatically increased screen size or I will be really disappointed
    I'm not sure what to realistically expect. I feel like Apple is going to push cloud over more hardware storage.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The only thing I hate about this Sprint release, is now our jailbreak community is going to have a bunch of smart hacks that we can benefit from and those people who don't know what Cydia is and think their iPhone 4 is 4G.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

No pics no care!

I'll wait for Apple's official announcement to see FOR SURE what this thing will look like and what it will have in it before getting excited or making my decision.

But as of now....internal memos, leaked cases that may or may not even be for an Apple product, a production announcement, and a lost prototype don't tell me a freakin thing other than the fact that it's coming.

Props to Apple....they're doing a good job keeping this thing from getting out and getting the fans excited over something they know absolutely nothing about.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yeah they are going to push Cloud services with the current tiered data plan offerings.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gQstatus05 View Post
    Yeah they are going to push Cloud services with the current tiered data plan offerings.
    Sadly, that's where they're heading. Most of iCloud's features are activated with wi-fi on, like downloading apps purchased on another device, wireless syncing, etc...

So I guess they're slowly pushing us to the cloud and leaving us stuck to wi-fi hot spots. I really doubt any cell carrier will have unlimited data plans for long, if they haven't dumped them already.
    27" iMac: Quad-Core 2.93GHz i7 & 16GB RAM
    iPhone 4S: 64GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPad 2: 32GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Touch 3rd Gen iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Classic (thick) 160GB

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

This is a speculatory memo by the sales and promotion department, that's why there are no dates or specifics. Notice "launch dates subject to change". It's all just going with guesswork that there will be a new phone near october.

Nothing to see here.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope people ditch At&t and do go to sprint. More Bandwidth for me.