+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Assembly of iPhone 5 Reportedly Now Underway

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
On the heels of reports that Best Buy is readying a new "Apple Fixture Installation" for October, we are pretty confident that the iPhone 5 will be calling that fixture
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Assembly of iPhone 5 Reportedly Now Underway

On the heels of reports that Best Buy is readying a new "Apple Fixture Installation" for October, we are pretty confident that the iPhone 5 will be calling that fixture home. In fact, this holiday weekend in the United States, we're hearing that Foxconn and Pegatron are now assembling the the long-awaited 5th generation iPhone.

According to a fresh report from Japanese Mac site Macotakara, sources reveal that the forthcoming iPhone 5 is in full blown production mode with Foxconn taking at least 85 percent of the production load. Pegatron, meanwhile, is responsible for roughly 15 percent of the iPhone production, based on the information presented in the Macotakara story.

Concurrent with the iPhone 5 production now underway, Apple is readying a massive promotional push (as though the iPhone 5 will require one) which will include a heavy concentration on TV ads, now also believed to be in production. Still, while all the production and promotion-related sources indicate that the iPhone 5 will reach consumers in October, this month may still be used to introduce the device publicly.

Given that all signs point to the iPhone coming to Sprint this fall, many analysts and Apple watchers believe that a Sprint iPhone 5 announcement could be just days away.

Source: Macotakara

Thanks

Hopefully now they won't have huge shortages like when the i4 came out

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

We can only hope.
    @Apple... FYI your going to need a whole **** (boat) load

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am torn right now because nVidia's Kal-El has already shown its specs and I don't know if I want to redo my contract for the iPhone 5 because its only going to be a dual core with a few new features vs Kal-El quad core made for gamers like me.

SOMEONE HALP!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkcrave View Post
    I am torn right now because nVidia's Kal-El has already shown its specs and I don't know if I want to redo my contract for the iPhone 5 because its only going to be a dual core with a few new features vs Kal-El quad core made for gamers like me.

SOMEONE HALP!!!!
    LOL Tegra 3 is a long way away buddy. Not even the Nexus Prime will rock Kal-El. You're looking at Q1-Q2 of 2012 for a quad-core device.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

and still no pictures

Green Apple
    Thanks

yea thats what Im saying even if its q2 at the latest its still before 2 years, and its just not doable in my opinion to pay full price for the device when it is launched.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    Bet you they will.

Thanks

SOMEONE HALP!!!!
    Well, I am not renewing my 2 yr contract with Att cuz of poor plan options so Im thinking h20 is better option for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,512 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lillewis51 View Post
    and still no pictures
    Still early for pic mate
    Instagram: zplit
    Twitter: zplit

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    That will happen again, it's all about supply and demand, by having a shortage of supplies it creates a demand for more ppl to go into the store more often

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

SOMEONE HALP!!!!
    Not understanding what you need 'halp' with?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

There are roughly four weeks between now and when it is supposedly launching. Production would have to be under way by now. This is right on track with any other iPhone launch I would think.

SOMEONE HALP!!!!
    Right now, gaming is better on iOS, simply because iOS actually gets all of the games. With Android, we are lucky to get 1/2 of them. Times may be changing, but that will take time (at least another year for everything to be equal). Based on what information we have now and what we have for the foreseeable immediate future, I would go with a new iPhone, even for gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    That will happen again, it's all about supply and demand, by having a shortage of supplies it creates a demand for more ppl to go into the store more often
    I don't expect the huge shortages they experience are planned. Extreme shortages (as we have almost always seen at every launch) only create a huge grey market for the product. Most of the shortage is based on the fact that they just cannot get enough phones made in time for launch.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 09-04-2011 at 01:45 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hondamaker View Post
    Not understanding what you need 'halp' with?
    should i go for iphone or not

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

should i go for iphone or not
    Go with an Android, its simple, do you like being told what to do and when to do it, or do you like doing things how you want when you want

OPEN SOURCE RULES.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Bet you they will.
    They kind of want a shortage of supply at the front of a release - it inflates hype and desire. Then they gradually make them more available.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Axecaster View Post
    They kind of want a shortage of supply at the front of a release - it inflates hype and desire. Then they gradually make them more available.
    EXACTLY! That's why there will be a shortage for this phone as well. Even when Foxconn converts to robots....there will still be a shortage.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    Go with an Android, its simple, do you like being told what to do and when to do it, or do you like doing things how you want when you want

OPEN SOURCE RULES.
    Lol this guy is trying to thin out the line at iPhone 5 launch to better his chances of getting one.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen. View Post
    Lol this guy is trying to thin out the line at iPhone 5 launch to better his chances of getting one.
    Lol. That's funny, but true. If he likes android so much. Why is he on a Apple forum.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post

OPEN SOURCE RULES.
    Do you like trojans, having to have virus/app protection software. Wondering if phone will run the app you want to use? How about ghost data and text message?
    I don't that's why I chose apple.