+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Leaked iPhone Case Suggests iPhone 5 will be Thinner and Wider

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default Leaked iPhone Case Suggests iPhone 5 will be Thinner and Wider

Apple may have let the cat out of the bag when they released the latest beta version of Photo Stream with an iPhone icon that has different dimensions than the current model. It may have simply been an error of some kind, but now we have more tangible evidence that the next iPhone model will be larger than the iPhone 4. A new iPhone case was recently uncovered that is significantly wider and thinner than the current iPhone model.

Italian website MacityNet.it recently published photos that show an iPhone 4 sitting inside a new iPhone 5 case. The size difference is instantly noticeable. If this does turn out to be a genuine iPhone 5 case, then the next iPhone model will be huge compared to the last four models.

Itís not uncommon for case designers to receive the dimensions for new products from Apple before they are even announced. This is done so new cases can be manufactured and go on sale as soon as Apple launches a new product. In the past, case designs have been fairly good early indicators for new iPhone models. Occasionally, Apple makes changes at the last minute, however, rendering early design leaks unreliable. Itís important to take images such as these with a grain of salt. Although cases may in fact be genuine at the time of manufacturing, until Apple releases an actual product, they may all end up in the trash bin.

Hopefully, this new case will turn out to be the real deal and point to a larger and thinner iPhone 5 model. Apple usually holds a Special Event in September to launch new iPod models. Apple didnít release a new iPhone model in June or July of this year as they traditionally have done. Itís very likely that Apple will use this event to unveil the iPhone 5 later this month.

The iPhone 5 is sure to be a giant success for Apple when it is released, and if these images are any indication, then this may be the first iPhone that is actually a giant.

Source: Gizmodo

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple needs to stop teasing us.. It's turning me on

Green Apple
    Thanks

Kinda reminds me of the iPod touch 4th generation... If you took out the top earphone jack...

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks as though the "Mute" swtich has gone, so does that mean you can now have profiles...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How can u tell it's a iPhone case and not a iPod touch case, jw

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by They Call Me Erb View Post
    Are the earphone jacks for itouch on the top?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by R.Mortera View Post
    Don't know, never had one...lol

Thanks

Don't know, never had one...lol
    Lol well yeah theyre on the bottom. iPhones are on top so this might be a iPhone 5 case, who knows.

Livin the iPhone Life deathbybunnies6's Avatar
    Thanks

And deathbybunnies6 goes yay...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lol well yeah theyre on the bottom. iPhones are on top so this might be a iPhone 5 case, who knows.
    If it is, I'm not liking the rounded edges like on the touch...

iPhone? More like MyPhone back2thebeatof84's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Looks as though the "Mute" swtich has gone, so does that mean you can now have profiles...
    Judging from the first picture, it looks like it moved over to the other side, opposite of the volume knobs. And by the way, profiles are ancient.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

All these images are obviously pointing at the iPod 5 rather than the iPhone 5.

1. Slim, no mute button... The current iPod is just as slim and lacks a mute button as well. The case is obviously for an iPod.
    2. The current dimensions of the iPhone are perfect for all ages. Why make the device larger and more uncomfortable for the hand? The only group of people that would benefit from this move are hardcore gamers. The rest would just be uncomfortable with the new dimensions. There are no reason to change them.

I'm guessing the iPhone 5 will have the exact same dimensions as the iPhone 4 except the back will be changed to a more curved shape, similar to the 3gs, since the iPhone 4 right now doesn't feel as comfy as the 3gs
    Last edited by Bubbles Only; 09-02-2011 at 06:40 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ain't That Much Bigger But Seems Pretty Damn Thin

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles Only View Post

1. Slim, no mute button... The current iPod is just as slim and lacks a mute button as well. The case is obviously for an iPod.
    2. The current dimensions of the iPhone are perfect for all ages. Why make the device larger and more uncomfortable for the hand? The only group of people that would benefit from this move are hardcore gamers. The rest would just be uncomfortable with the new dimensions. There are no reason to change them.

I'm guessing the iPhone 5 will have the exact same dimensions as the iPhone 4 except the back will be changed to a more curved shape, similar to the 3gs, since the iPhone 4 right now doesn't feel as comfy as the 3gs
    I disagree, a slimmer wider iPhone could be cool.

Gosh people hate on things before they are even confirmed, and even then, some how the other couple million who keep buying the product clearly doesn't think so..

Perfect example... when the iPad was being released.. nearly 7/10 people were talking crap about it, even after they saw it on Keynote. Until they actually held one. Just funny. Just saying.

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,075 Posts

body of the case is pretty similar to what the Galaxy S Vibrant 3G/4G look like. Just with the buttons changed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Maybe the Ipod touch 5th gen will have the headphone plug moved to the top.

I don't think I believe that they would would make the Iphone that thin and round out the edges just like the Ipod.

Thanks

I'm fine with it being a bit bigger, as long as it's not huge like that new samsung phone, it's too big to put in your pocket!

iPhone? More like MyPhone back2thebeatof84's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles Only View Post

Once again, pay attention to the first picture. There is a hole cut out for what seems to be the ringer switch opposing the volume knob side. After taking apart multiple 3G's and 4's, I know that the Feng Shui of the guts is completely redesigned. That being said, I think that the 5 will have a significant difference of innards from both the 3G and 4 if they plan on making it thinner and wider. (i.e. imagine the notorious "l" block from Tetris parallel to the ground instead of standing up straight - much more room conserved heightwise).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Noticed the top headphone jack has the second mic hole as well.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

I heard they gonna be gittin rid of the plug in part and make a Bluetooth device for it. Anyone heard this?

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast