Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Photo Stream Beta Icon Hints at Possible iPhone 5 Dimensions

Default Apple Photo Stream Beta Icon Hints at Possible iPhone 5 Dimensions

Apple recently released their latest Photo Stream beta and with it a possible hint at what the forthcoming iPhone 5 redesign will look like. The Photo Stream icon used to depict the iPhone in the instructions below looks quite a bit different than the current iPhone.

And here's a rendering of the Photo Stream icon based on the above dimensions.

The icon is eerily similar to iPhone 5 descriptions from rumors and renderings posted earlier this year. These rumors claimed the iPhone 5 would sport a larger screen with an elongated home button. The home button in this icon, when blown up and rendered out, doesn't appear to be any wider than the current home button, but it is shorter creating the oval appearance.

If this is in fact a correct representation of the iPhone 5 redesign many rumors, including the loss of the home button, or a smaller home button with a gesture area would appear to be false. Also, the leaked parts that have surfaced in the last few weeks would appear to be for an iPhone 4S and not an all new iPhone redesign.

Apple, from the looks of it, is planning on releasing two different phones this fall. It will be interesting to see what separates the two phones spec wise. Apple isn't in the business of cannibalizing sales and creating customer confusion between the value of two very similar products. Producing a cheaper iPhone alternative for emerging markets and lower income households means whatever big changes come for a new iPhone, they need to present a clear advantage over the cheaper alternative.

Source: 9to5Mac, MacRumors
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 09-01-2011 at 07:59 AM.

If that's the iPhone 5 Id rather get the samsung galaxy II, this phone is just to ugly

I wanna see the back!

Idk I don't think I would just to conclusions. Obviously they would never use another phone but they could make one up to put I'n place as that icon ?! :/

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vruls View Post
    If that's the iPhone 5 Id rather get the samsung galaxy II, this phone is just to ugly
    dont dis it till you see it in person! apple have a way of making people changing their minds like when the i4 prototype was leaked (lost)
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

I won't buy a phone that is smaller and/or nearly the same. Unless the iPhone 5 has a screen this large, I'll be a first time Android buyer this Fall.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Idk I don't think I would just to conclusions. Obviously they would never use another phone but they could make one up to put I'n place as that icon ?! :/
    Huh?

As long as there is a re-design over the iPhone 4 with a metal back, I'm all in.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fortex24 View Post

I won't buy a phone that is smaller and/or nearly the same. Unless the iPhone 5 has a screen this large, I'll be a first time Android buyer this Fall.
    Let me know when you put your Android phone on Ebay or Craiglist for 20% of what you paid for it 6 months later because it's a piece of crap and the battery only lasts 8 hours. That's what a dozen of my friends have done so far thinking the grass is greener on the other side only to realize how misleading advertising can really be.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

That's nothing but an icon. It doesn't represent or hint at ANYTHING. All this wound-up excitement over a design change is a waste of time.....and whoever did that "mock-up" must really be hoping for something that isn't happening yet. The iPhone 4S/5 will have the same design as the iPhone 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Let me know when you put your Android phone on Ebay or Craiglist for 20% of what you paid for it 6 months later because it's a piece of crap and the battery only lasts 8 hours. That's what a dozen of my friends have done so far thinking the grass is greener on the other side only to realize how misleading advertising can really be.
    What you're saying is completely biased by your apple fan-boy attitude, I have an Iphone 4 and a Droid incredible and my incredible after adjusting some settings gets around 17-18 hours of battery life. Although I love the iPhone and its simplicity, it will never be able to do half of the things (even jailbroken) that my android phone can do straight out of the box.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Haha, I have been watching all these rumours avidly as I'm hanging out for the new iPhone. Got my 3gs two years ago, but I just have this mental picture of Steve Jobs and his team slipping out all these tidbits and having a good old chuckle as us piranha's go on a feeding frenzy. Anyone good at cartoons?

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pyroemaniac View Post
    What you're saying is completely biased by your apple fan-boy attitude, I have an Iphone 4 and a Droid incredible and my incredible after adjusting some settings gets around 17-18 hours of battery life. Although I love the iPhone and its simplicity, it will never be able to do half of the things (even jailbroken) that my android phone can do straight out of the box.
    It's actually not bias... it's real world evidence based on actual human activity. Also just because I'm curious what can your Droid do that the iPhone can't?

It's actually not bias... it's real world evidence based on actual human activity. Also just because I'm curious what can your Droid do that the iPhone can't?
    I'm with you, I bought an android phone thinking it would be better than an iPhone because of all the commercials. It definitely was not better, I hated that phone, still do, it was a fast phone but android is just to glitchy for me. I got an iPhone, gave the android to my mom and she hates me because I gave her a **** phone.

Start with the letter 'D'.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

I had the king of the hill Samsung Galaxy S2 Android phone...for 10 days. I returned it and stayed with my iPhone 4. didn't do nearly all the things i wanted that the iPhone did and the monster screen had lower resolution so it looked like watching 720P video on a 1080p tv.

the lack of apps was the finisher for me.
    60% of the time, it works every time.

I like the face that this is possibly a leak of an IPhone it could easily be a leak of an Ipod?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Hahaha... hold a phone call.

Thanks

i second this... hahaha *thumbs up*

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

I too am curious what a rooted droid can do that a jailbroken iphone can't? I have never dropped a call with my iPhone 4...and i am on iWireless

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast