+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 59

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple Photo Stream Beta Icon Hints at Possible iPhone 5 Dimensions

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Eagleye Hahaha... hold a phone call. I wish it didn't, I keep on holding calls because my ear touches the screen, no matter what display settings I
...
  1. #21
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    184
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleye View Post
    Hahaha... hold a phone call.
    I wish it didn't, I keep on holding calls because my ear touches the screen, no matter what display settings I have.

    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Let me know when you put your Android phone on Ebay or Craiglist for 20% of what you paid for it 6 months later because it's a piece of crap and the battery only lasts 8 hours. That's what a dozen of my friends have done so far thinking the grass is greener on the other side only to realize how misleading advertising can really be.
    It's not all bad, I bought a ZTE Blade dirt cheap on ebay well aware that the phone is a piece of ****, but it can tether it's HSDPA data to my MBPro and will be replaced by the iPhone 5 upon its release.

  2. #22
    Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,265
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    So still no response on what the Droid can do that the iPhone can't. The next iPhone for for sure have at least HSPA+ 14.4Mbs which is twice as fast as the current model. Tethering at 14.4Mbs is plenty for most applications.

  3. #23
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    107
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    So still no response on what the Droid can do that the iPhone can't. The next iPhone for for sure have at least HSPA+ 14.4Mbs which is twice as fast as the current model. Tethering at 14.4Mbs is plenty for most applications.
    customization u can customize the home screens by putting widgets on the homescreen itself and live wallpaper without the need of hacking or jailbreaking ios 5 has only a few widgets but not on the homescreen itself only when u pull the notification bar let me know when u can customize ur phone without jailbreaking it ok

  4. #24
    What's Jailbreak? nyc4bx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    If that's what the iPhone 5 will look like and the specs are barely better than the iPhone 4 I might as well get the iPhone 4... That design just looks plain ugly to be honest.

  5. #25
    Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,265
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by matrixhunter View Post
    customization u can customize the home screens by putting widgets on the homescreen itself and live wallpaper without the need of hacking or jailbreaking ios 5 has only a few widgets but not on the homescreen itself only when u pull the notification bar let me know when u can customize ur phone without jailbreaking it ok
    It takes 12 seconds to jailbreak the iPhone 4.. then you get thousands upon thousands of additional customization options through Winterboard and Dreamboard and SSH and a dozen other programs. I was hoping you'd come up with something practical and functional... not just UI changes. Also each manufacturer of Android puts their specific "skin" on the UI. For example Android looks different on a Samsung vs HTC vs Motorola phone. Keep in mind you are on an iPhone HACKING site. With a simple jailbreak the iPhone can do more than any other phone on the market and without it it can do 99% of what Android can do... minus widgets which drain battery life like crazy!

    Additionally your argument about customization is centered around "live" wallpaper and widgets... that's it. Doesn't seem very convincing that your Droid can do SOOOO much more than the iPhone 4. I'd rather have a static wallpaper and have 50% more battery life and widgets are cool and all but again... a huge battery drain and most people I know including myself get bored with the widgets anyway b/c they're so limited in functionality and would rather use a full featured app for mail, RSS feeds, weather, or whatever the widget may be displaying.

  6. #26
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Outter Space
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 114 Times in 75 Posts

    I have widgets on my iPhone 4 plus Dreamboard and winterboard are awesome! Plus there are so many HD themes made for just the Retina display that will rock just About any android theme.

    When I look through tweaks on Cydia I am so amazed at how many there are. More than anyone would need to install on 1 phone that's for sure. But there are some really cool ones like sbsettings,sbrotator,flashlight that uses my iPhone's bright LED light right from my lockscreen. Animated boot logos that u can pick from 100s if not 1000s of them.
    Last edited by vantheman169; 09-01-2011 at 01:33 PM.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to vantheman169 For This Useful Post:

    Poseidon79 (09-01-2011)

  8. #27
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    107
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    It takes 12 seconds to jailbreak the iPhone 4.. then you get thousands upon thousands of additional customization options through Winterboard and Dreamboard and SSH and a dozen other programs. I was hoping you'd come up with something practical and functional... not just UI changes. Also each manufacturer of Android puts their specific "skin" on the UI. For example Android looks different on a Samsung vs HTC vs Motorola phone. Keep in mind you are on an iPhone HACKING site. With a simple jailbreak the iPhone can do more than any other phone on the market and without it it can do 99% of what Android can do... minus widgets which drain battery life like crazy!

    Additionally your argument about customization is centered around "live" wallpaper and widgets... that's it. Doesn't seem very convincing that your Droid can do SOOOO much more than the iPhone 4. I'd rather have a static wallpaper and have 50% more battery life and widgets are cool and all but again... a huge battery drain and most people I know including myself get bored with the widgets anyway b/c they're so limited in functionality and would rather use a full featured app for mail, RSS feeds, weather, or whatever the widget may be displaying.
    ok ur right but jailbreaking also causes the battery to drain faster i know from experience since i own an iphone 4 but there should be a way in which u can have stuff u want that doesnt drain battery u know what i mean like something unique

  9. #28
    iPhone? More like MyPhone back2thebeatof84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    132
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by matrixhunter View Post
    ok ur right but jailbreaking also causes the battery to drain faster i know from experience since i own an iphone 4 but there should be a way in which u can have stuff u want that doesnt drain battery u know what i mean like something unique
    1. download SBSettings.
    2. download OpenSSH.
    3. turn off SSH through SBSettings.

    /argument.

  10. #29
    Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,265
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    That act of jailbreaking in and of itself does in no way affect battery life. All it does is gain root access. Battery life is affected when the CPU is accessed in some way. Background processes are the huge battery drain which jailbreaking does not create any. Mobile substrate add-ons also do not affect battery... they access RAM which does not take up additional CPU cycles. After a user jailbreaks it is a common misconception that battery life goes down but this is explained by the fact that you are constantly modding your phone, tweaking it, downloading apps and themes from Cydia and just generally on it more then you would be otherwise. If you jailbreak and then do not access Cydia for ANYTHING and just use your phone as you normally would your battery life is the same. After a few weeks of tweaking your phone habits go back to normal and so does your battery life. This is why EVERY SINGLE TIME a new firmware comes out your have 20 threads started about battery life and then after a month people realize it's not the battery life.. its the fact that they never put their phone down after a new jailbreak. Hacktivation and unlocking however is a different story. If you hacktivate and your phone does not have vald certificates your phone will try and download them all day thus accessing the CPU and draining battery. This is why SAM was written.

  11. #30
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by matrixhunter View Post
    ok ur right but jailbreaking also causes the battery to drain faster i know from experience since i own an iphone 4 but there should be a way in which u can have stuff u want that doesnt drain battery u know what i mean like something unique
    I've been jailbreaking my iPhones since 2007 and have never had a complaint about battery life. Conversely, friends with Android phones (who don't have the bulky high-capacity batteries) are finding that their phones die quite a bit faster than mine. Those "coveted" widgets and live wallpapers you're talking about are what drain the battery.

    On a side note, I'm surprised that people are actually responding to you, considering it's pretty difficult to read your illiterate responses.
    Do I brag about which phone I have in this space?

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to steeda763 For This Useful Post:

    Poseidon79 (09-01-2011)

  13. #31
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sacandaga Lake
    Posts
    160
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by pyroemaniac View Post
    What you're saying is completely biased by your apple fan-boy attitude, I have an Iphone 4 and a Droid incredible and my incredible after adjusting some settings gets around 17-18 hours of battery life. Although I love the iPhone and its simplicity, it will never be able to do half of the things (even jailbroken) that my android phone can do straight out of the box.
    HALF??????? REALLLLLY???? Please educate me because everyone I know and all my wifes girlfriends cannot wait for their contracts to run out so they can get rid of their android phones and get the iphone! I am NOT a fanboi, I am techy and the iphone does everything I need it to, I really cannot imagine any android phone being able to do twice as much as an iphone! Please direct me to a source or inform me what these androids can do that an iphone cannot???

    Thats not "doing" something that is just customizing the homescreen which if you jailbreak your iphone you can "customize "it to your hearts content! I have seen INCREDIBLE customization on iphones that they do not even LOOK like iphones anymore! Just check out the mods on this site itself! BUT if you are new phone user, the iphone requires VERY little or no training just to use it. My wife has an iphone 4 and I have a 3GS ! I just prefer the "feel" of the 3gs
    Last edited by Dranon; 09-01-2011 at 03:30 PM.

  14. #32
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    107
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by steeda763 View Post
    I've been jailbreaking my iPhones since 2007 and have never had a complaint about battery life. Conversely, friends with Android phones (who don't have the bulky high-capacity batteries) are finding that their phones die quite a bit faster than mine. Those "coveted" widgets and live wallpapers you're talking about are what drain the battery.

    On a side note, I'm surprised that people are actually responding to you, considering it's pretty difficult to read your illiterate responses.
    illiterate really? this is a community where we help each other out if someone has an argument we help by responding in ways they can understand and try to help out we shud not bash each other everyone has their own personal opinion and taste

    on the side note: it would be nice if apple allowed the n64 emulator the one that they have for android on the iphone that would be amazing

  15. #33
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by matrixhunter View Post
    illiterate really? this is a community where we help each other out if someone has an argument we help by responding in ways they can understand and try to help out we shud not bash each other everyone has their own personal opinion and taste

    on the side note: it would be nice if apple allowed the n64 emulator the one that they have for android on the iphone that would be amazing
    If you're here to help other people out, you can start by not trolling an iPhone forum with your pro-Android nonsense. Or at least make reasonably sound arguments when you do.
    Do I brag about which phone I have in this space?

  16. #34
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Apple really is holding back on specs when it comes about specs samsung galaxy s2 has better performance, it has flash, has widgets and stuff... I have an iPhone 4 and when I use a dreamboard or widgets my iPhone starts lagging and crashing alot...just like droid phones. I hope apple steps it up alot if not I'm going to get a samsung galaxy s2...

  17. #35
    iPhoneaholic jose060789's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    367
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 52 Times in 30 Posts

    I currently own an iPhone 4 but 2 weeks ago I purchased the Samsung Infuse 4G. So after trying "Android" for a couple of days, I returned it, why you may ask? It sucked so bad that it just could keep up with my iPhone 4 in every aspect. I'm not an Apple fanboy, I just prefer better technology and what accommodates me better. This is the way I see it; Apple > Android, enough said.

    Pshh.. Don't even get me started with the Android fanboys at Sprint on how their so called "4G" is faster than the 3G on AT&T's iPhone because Sprint's 4G is seriously a joke -__-

    Anyone else agree with me?
    Last edited by jose060789; 09-01-2011 at 08:05 PM.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

  18. #36
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Outter Space
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 114 Times in 75 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    iPhone > Android
    Enough said.
    Bahahahaha I agree 100%

  19. #37
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    169
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts

    IOS rules with simplicity. But, it's been essentially the same for 4 years. (I personally hate that part of it, I would love to see it evolve into something new.) But, for good reason. It works, flawlessly. It's easy to use and hugely popular.

    I ran my iPhone over putting a snow machine on a trailer, and I got an Atrix.

    Android to me, feels like a pile of **** 4 feet high. It's messy, and just generally not that great. I have a pile of icons in one folder, half of which I don't even use. Hell, what are half of them even for? The market is a disaster. It's like going into a wal-mart the week of christmas. There is **** everywhere!

    But, it does have it's good things too. I love the camera features on my Atrix. I love the AI (I'm a nerd like that.) on my Atrix. I personally find the battery life on my phone better then my iPhone 4 was, much better actually. I strangely like Android for some reason.

    But I'm still getting the next-gen iPhone.

  20. #38
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post


    Apple recently released their latest Photo Stream beta and with it a possible hint at what the forthcoming iPhone 5 redesign will look like. The Photo Stream icon used to depict the iPhone in the instructions below looks quite a bit different than the current iPhone.



    And here's a rendering of the Photo Stream icon based on the above dimensions.



    The icon is eerily similar to iPhone 5 descriptions from rumors and renderings posted earlier this year. These rumors claimed the iPhone 5 would sport a larger screen with an elongated home button. The home button in this icon, when blown up and rendered out, doesn't appear to be any wider than the current home button, but it is shorter creating the oval appearance.

    If this is in fact a correct representation of the iPhone 5 redesign many rumors, including the loss of the home button, or a smaller home button with a gesture area would appear to be false. Also, the leaked parts that have surfaced in the last few weeks would appear to be for an iPhone 4S and not an all new iPhone redesign.

    Apple, from the looks of it, is planning on releasing two different phones this fall. It will be interesting to see what separates the two phones spec wise. Apple isn't in the business of cannibalizing sales and creating customer confusion between the value of two very similar products. Producing a cheaper iPhone alternative for emerging markets and lower income households means whatever big changes come for a new iPhone, they need to present a clear advantage over the cheaper alternative.

    Source: 9to5Mac, MacRumors
    i cant wait to have iPhone 5

  21. #39
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I wonder if the new iPod touch is going to take the direction of a mini iPad..

  22. #40
    iPhoneaholic iGamers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Riverside, California, United States
    Posts
    479
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 81 Times in 61 Posts

    idk, i hope thats not that case, especially cause the home button, that looks so terrible, i like the rounded one, it makes pressing the home button feel natural i guess

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts