+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: All Eyes on October 7th Sprint Media Event

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Sprint is once again at the center of an iPhone media storm. On Tuesday, we learned that Sprint Nextel, the third largest wireless carrier in the United States, is planning
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default All Eyes on October 7th Sprint Media Event

Sprint is once again at the center of an iPhone media storm. On Tuesday, we learned that Sprint Nextel, the third largest wireless carrier in the United States, is planning a Friday, October 7th media event. As MMi reported yesterday, a leaked "No Comment" internal memo, sent out to Sprint employees, "is being viewed as confirmation of the rumors" that Sprint will begin carrying the iPhone this fall.

All we can tell you with certainty for now is that Sprint is calling the media event an occasion where the company will deliver a "strategy update." Although no Apple media event has been publicly announced as of this writing, many believe Apple will announce a media event of its own between the second and fourth weeks of September.

While the event, ostensibly, appears to point to an update on the carrier's high-speed 4G network plans, last week's Wall Street Journal report - the first major rumor confirmation of Sprint's likely iPhone acquisition - has turned every move Sprint makes into a clue as to when the iPhone 5 will debut and on which mobile networks.

Since early 2011, the iPhone 4 has been limited in availability to AT&T and Verizon customers in the US. A growing bastion of industry analysts expects that number to grow before the end of the 2011.

Source: ThisismyNext.com

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Sprint sux, but i hope all the wireless carriers get the iPhone! Its better for the consumers, and since there is no exclusive deal with AT&T anymore more i am hoping they release a T-mobile version of the iPhone too. That would be sweet! iPhones for everyone!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I bet Sprint ends their unlimited data shortly before the iPhone is announced on their network.

Wait for it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    Sprint sux, but i hope all the wireless carriers get the iPhone! Its better for the consumers, and since there is no exclusive deal with AT&T anymore more i am hoping they release a T-mobile version of the iPhone too. That would be sweet! iPhones for everyone!
    Buy an iPhone 4 gsm unlocked?

iPhone? More like MyPhone DaLsim's Avatar
    Thanks

SO the iphone can blurp? like haytell? now all crapple need is to make a better earpices n mike that last 4ever?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaLsim View Post
    SO the iphone can blurp? like haytell? now all crapple need is to make a better earpices n mike that last 4ever?
    Probably not as there's been no rumors about an extra button for that function and nothing, as of beta 6, in ios5 for that feature.

You don't have to use the apple ones, there's lots of other options that work just as well and last longer...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,493 Times in 2,721 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    I bet Sprint ends their unlimited data shortly before the iPhone is announced on their network.

Wait for it.
    Hahahha just like Verizon did right after getting the iPhone lol