+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Next-Gen iPhone Prototype Front Panel Pictures Leak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
MacPost leaked pictures last week of the next generation iPhone's back panel, and today they leaked pictures of the front. The photos show an iPhone front panel labeled "N94" with
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Next-Gen iPhone Prototype Front Panel Pictures Leak

MacPost leaked pictures last week of the next generation iPhone's back panel, and today they leaked pictures of the front.

The photos show an iPhone front panel labeled "N94" with an "Engineering Verification Test 1" stamp, and are dated March 3, 2011. The unit contains the entire front panel assembly for the "N94" including digitizer panel, LCD, and a space for a physical home button. There was some speculation with last week's leak that the physical home button would be replaced by a touch area, or be moved completely. According to these images, that grand idea appears to be false.

Also, the design appears to be a carbon copy of the iPhone 4. If there is in fact a newly redesigned iPhone 5, this is not it. Rather, it is likely the front panel to the iPhone 4S that has been mentioned via rumors lately. It would make sense, especially considering the "N94" model number. The previous versions of the iPhone 4 have model numbers "N90" for AT&T iPhone 4s and "N92" for Verizon iPhone 4s. A new iPhone 4[S], compatible with more networks, i.e. Sprint or T-Mobile, could receive a similar incremental designation.

Photos of "N94" (or 4S), parts keep leaking, but iPhone 5 leaks have been non-existent. Will Apple be able to successfully prevent any leaks of the new iPhone they will unveil shortly, if it even exists? I hope so. Surprises are pleasant, especially in the era of 24/7 news when there are so few.

Source: MacPost
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 08-29-2011 at 03:27 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

If At&t iphone 4 is n90, and Verizon's iphone 4 is n92, isn't it VERY likely that n94 is not the iPhone 4s, but a sprint or tmobile version of the iPhone 4? That just seems to make more since. I don't expect a HUGE overhaul in the next iPhone, but I would expect there to be at least one change to the design.
    El Zurdo

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    If At&t iphone 4 is n90, and Verizon's iphone 4 is n92, isn't it VERY likely that n94 is not the iPhone 4s, but a sprint or tmobile version of the iPhone 4? That just seems to make more since. I don't expect a HUGE overhaul in the next iPhone, but I would expect there to be at least one change to the design.
    Status Indicator Light and a better front facing megapixel camera is all I'm hoping for.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Make the "square" in the home button a multicoloured LED for notifications and I will BUY IT ASAP even if I have to spend ALL my money.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetallicaFan1991 For This Useful Post:

cory (08-30-2011), vantheman169 (08-29-2011)

Thanks

Ok I'm looking at the pics & my phone (iPhone 4) & can't tell a big difference! If noting changes with the screen(size) then it'll be a fail cuz the ip4 is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by metallicafan1991 View Post
    make the "square" in the home button a multicoloured led for notifications and i will buy it asap even if i have to spend all my money.
    agree! :d
    Last edited by Kinkme93; 08-29-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yep....just as I thought.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Make the "square" in the home button a multicoloured LED for notifications and I will BUY IT ASAP even if I have to spend ALL my money.
    that is the sickest idea iv ever heard,

Livin the iPhone Life deathbybunnies6's Avatar
    Thanks

I want a bigger screen, so I hope that isn't it
    My Themes

HTC HD2 HTC 1 HTC Sensation

Thanks
    Thanked 2,012 Times in 914 Posts

Agreed!!! Great Idea!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deathbybunnies6 View Post
    Oh COME ON.... Not another "make the screen bigger" person... If apple changed the screen size, so many people (including me) would fine it too big. They will keep the same form factor which makes the screen only capable of maybe 1/4-1/2 inch larger...
    If you want a bigger screen, go with a Droid and leave my iPhone alone.

That is the coolest idea for the iPhone I've ever heard!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Good idea, I hope Apple reads this forum. Knowing Apple, They probably have this idea in mind already and are waiting for iPhone 6+ to include it.

Sorry but I'm not willing to sacrifice battery life for a larger screen. Don't you learn something from people who owns the HTC? If they can make the screen allittle bigger without sacrificing battery life then I'm all for it.
    Last edited by xclusiveiphone; 08-29-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life deathbybunnies6's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    Oh COME ON.... Not another "make the screen bigger" person... If apple changed the screen size, so many people (including me) would fine it too big. They will keep the same form factor which makes the screen only capable of maybe 1/4-1/2 inch larger...
    If you want a bigger screen, go with a Droid and leave my iPhone alone.

That is the coolest idea for the iPhone I've ever heard!
    Guess what man, I'm freaking in love with the iPhone OS and I am one of those "I want a bigger screen" guys, as with most of the apple and possible future apple users are. To be honest, the bigger screen would be better, giving us more room onscreen for applications and possible theming opportunities. Apple is going to listen to the majority of the users, not the minority, aka, you. If you fear battery life will suffer, it probably won't. The screen can be increased without apple having to change the ppi and it will still retain the retina display. And btw, if you want your iPhone left alone, why upgrade anyways?
    My Themes

HTC HD2 HTC 1 HTC Sensation

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I've had the HD2 (no worries, got rid of it ASAP) before and the 4.3" screen was too big for me in regards to the proportions of a phone; however, maybe a slightly larger than 3.5" screen would be nice. Not a huge deal to me though, but I wouldn't mind.

When I buy a new iPhone, I understand that each year the internal hardware is well improved (most of the time) but for me it's an all or nothing deal. I would prefer to skip out on this one bc when I get a new iPhone, I want the nice new hardware upgrades but I also want a nice new look/feel. Precisely the reason I skipped the 3GS. It was much superior to the 3G, but looked 99.9% identical (.1% to the silver text on the back housing ). Others may feel differently, but the only thing I can stand to have look generally the same year after year but have internal upgrades is my MBP

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes please!

Thanks
    Guess what man, I'm freaking in love with the iPhone OS and I am one of those "I want a bigger screen" guys, as with most of the apple and possible future apple users are. To be honest, the bigger screen would be better, giving us more room onscreen for applications and possible theming opportunities. Apple is going to listen to the majority of the users, not the minority, aka, you. If you fear battery life will suffer, it probably won't. The screen can be increased without apple having to change the ppi and it will still retain the retina display. And btw, if you want your iPhone left alone, why upgrade anyways?
    Was that necessary?

Green Apple
    Thanks

ruck yea

Thanks

Apple is going to listen to the majority of the users, not the minority, aka, you.
    Where is the research to buck up this stunning statement?

I believe you are wrong and the majority of people do not want a larger screen. There is a small, vocal, minority tah think that just because they want something the 'majority' also want it. The silent majority do not want a bigger device, lower battery life or the app incompatability caused by a new screen size.

And Apple know this.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I am perfectly fine with the 3.5" screen, though if they DID increase the screen size to 3.7" but keeping the same resolution, it would be 311 PPI so still eligible to be called a 'retina display'.

But whatever happens to the screen, as long as the battery life is the same or better, I don't care.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i love this phone, yupiiiiiiii

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Where is the research to buck up this stunning statement?

I believe you are wrong and the majority of people do not want a larger screen. There is a small, vocal, minority tah think that just because they want something the 'majority' also want it. The silent majority do not want a bigger device, lower battery life or the app incompatability caused by a new screen size.

And Apple know this.
    If they are the "Silent" majority, how will Apple know what they want? The squeaky wheel gets the greece because it made a bunch of noise and got attention. Just saying...