+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Next-Gen iPhone Prototype Front Panel Pictures Leak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
My ONLY wish for the new iPhone would def be a bigger screen. Same "faster" phone would be boring.
    My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

My ONLY wish for the new iPhone would def be a bigger screen. Same "faster" phone would be boring.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Make the "square" in the home button a multicoloured LED for notifications and I will BUY IT ASAP even if I have to spend ALL my money.
    You, my friend, are a genius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luketinsley View Post
    Was that necessary?
    Was THAT necessary?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 588 Posts

If it the new iPhone can transform Into an iPad on voice command I'm all in. :P

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

How are they going to improve the screen. The Retina display is one best on the market.

Maybe a 720p Screen?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

lol. All these expectations for this phone.....it's just going to be a 4S, nothing more except iOS 5 and a speed boost. No larger screen, no fancy LED notifications, and probably no upgraded front or rear camera either.

Save ur money for next year.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    lol. All these expectations for this phone.....it's just going to be a 4S, nothing more except iOS 5 and a speed boost. No larger screen, no fancy LED notifications, and probably no upgraded front or rear camera either.

I've been thinking for months that theyre just gonna release something else that's not very big, then everyone will be all upset and I just laugh...gotta love rumors

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    If At&t iphone 4 is n90, and Verizon's iphone 4 is n92, isn't it VERY likely that n94 is not the iPhone 4s, but a sprint or tmobile version of the iPhone 4? That just seems to make more since. I don't expect a HUGE overhaul in the next iPhone, but I would expect there to be at least one change to the design.
    3G and 3GS looked identical from the outside, so why would you expect any design changes on this one?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    3G and 3GS looked identical from the outside, so why would you expect any design changes on this one?
    A design change can be as simple as adding some shiny text... Or maybe Tim cook wants to bring back the rainbow apple

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Make the "square" in the home button a multicoloured LED for notifications and I will BUY IT ASAP even if I have to spend ALL my money.
    Go MetallicaFan1991
    I'm with you, lets take this phone up a couple notches!!
    Multi-colored LED's...
    Do you have a patent on that???
    AWESOME!!

Thanks

This site has become as hilariously pathetic as the HuffPo and countless others.
    AYFKM?
    This article, Mr Swanson, is probably one of the best "how-to-talk-with-your-*****" ever.

This, is called : "The Art Of Making News Out Of Thin Air". After all, in an era of budget cuts, why even bother writing news articles, when one can simply type vague hearsay (when not utter BS), all-the-while sucking on a greasy good ol' American sandwich.

This is also called journalism from brainless trouts.

Yipee Kay Yay…

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How is iPhone 4S not the same as iPhone 5? Do the writers here not realize how different the iPhone 3GS was from the iPhone 3G? Same exterior appearance, totally different device. Seems obvious to me.

They will NEVER make the iPhone bigger, or put lights on it. Are you kidding? That is simply not in the cards for the future of these ultra-sleek devices. They will remove functionality before they add something chintzy like LED indicators. Look at the lack of ports, removable battery, and limited buttons. If you want something bigger, get an iPad or a MacBook Air. Also, why would you think a speed boost is not a major upgrade? The 3GS was WAY faster than the 3G, and that's about it. The camera was better, but only a little. Mostly, it was the new iOS and a faster processor with more RAM. But, that's pretty much the definition of a better computer. Does anyone really know what the difference between the 3G and 3GS was? They only called it 3GS because it was the third one, and they already used 3G on the second one. The "S" did NOT indicate a smaller design change. iPhone OG was iPhone 1,1. iPhone 3G was 1Phone 1,2. The 3GS was iPhone 2,1 indicating a bigger change than from the first gen to the 3G.
    Last edited by Spikestrip; 08-30-2011 at 02:39 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spikestrip View Post

They will NEVER make the iPhone bigger, or put lights on it. Are you kidding? That is simply not in the cards for the future of these ultra-sleek devices. They will remove functionality before they add something chintzy like LED indicators. Look at the lack of ports, removable battery, and limited buttons. If you want something bigger, get an iPad or a MacBook Air. Also, why would you think a speed boost is not a major upgrade? The 3GS was WAY faster than the 3G, and that's about it. The camera was better, but only a little. Mostly, it was the new iOS and a faster processor with more RAM. But, that's pretty much the definition of a better computer. Does anyone really know what the difference between the 3G and 3GS was? They only called it 3GS because it was the third one, and they already used 3G on the second one. The "S" did NOT indicate a smaller design change.
    Are YOU kidding? I don't need a history lesson on the iPhones, I'm well aware of everything you are pointing out and it has nothing to do with my post. I was simply criticizing all of these people who are expecting massive changes....especially to the cosmetics of the device.

And no I do not consider a speed jump a major upgrade. I can deal with waiting an extra half-second for my programs to open and an extra few seconds for a web page or Youtube video to load.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deathbybunnies6 View Post
    I want a bigger screen, so I hope that isn't it
    iPad?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Are YOU kidding? I don't need a history lesson on the iPhones, I'm well aware of everything you are pointing out and it has nothing to do with my post. I was simply criticizing all of these people who are expecting massive changes....especially to the cosmetics of the device.

And no I do not consider a speed jump a major upgrade. I can deal with waiting an extra half-second for my programs to open and an extra few seconds for a web page or Youtube video to load.
    It isn't necessarily about making the current firmware and software run faster. They are going to release iOS 5.0, and without any doubt, it will require more resources. Ever run firmware 4.x on a 3G? That is why there are speed boosts. Not so 1.0 runs faster, but so they can make a more powerful and more feature-rich firmware that the new devices can handle easily.

Edit: I had to add something. A faster device doesn't mean faster web loading. If your device is suffocating due to lack of resources, then a faster device will help web pages load a little faster. But if your iPhone isn't starving for RAM, then iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, or whatever it is, will load web pages and youtube videos just as fast, or slow, and your older device did.
    Last edited by Spikestrip; 08-30-2011 at 08:31 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life deathbybunnies6's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Where is the research to buck up this stunning statement?

I believe you are wrong and the majority of people do not want a larger screen. There is a small, vocal, minority tah think that just because they want something the 'majority' also want it. The silent majority do not want a bigger device, lower battery life or the app incompatability caused by a new screen size.

And Apple know this.
    The majority would be almost all of the other smartphone competitors, which generally have larger screens. aka, HTC, Motorola, Samsung. Apple want's to blow the competition away and they know that to keep up with others and continue to stay ahead, they will have to make compromises.

Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
    iPad?
    iPads don't fit in my pocket.
    Last edited by deathbybunnies6; 08-30-2011 at 08:55 PM.
    My Themes

HTC HD2 HTC 1 HTC Sensation

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

They will NEVER make the iPhone bigger, or put lights on it. Are you kidding? That is simply not in the cards for the future of these ultra-sleek devices. They will remove functionality before they add something chintzy like LED indicators. Look at the lack of ports, removable battery, and limited buttons.
    The iPhone's battery IS removable and IS replaceable. Anyone who says it's not needs to do a little research. If I skip this generation of iPhones, I may replace my battery.

Hint: Chinese make the iPhone. They also sell all the parts for it!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Edit: I had to add something. A faster device doesn't mean faster web loading.
    So you're saying that if I had an iPhone 3G and an iPhone 4 side by side with nothing backgrounded that they would load a web page at identical speeds?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to RICO_ For This Useful Post:

vantheman169 (08-30-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

So you're saying that if I had an iPhone 3G and an iPhone 4 side by side with nothing backgrounded that they would load a web page at identical speeds?
    +1

edit: Might i add this new website UI is so broken!!

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

I would like a bigger screen. What is so bad about it being 4"? It's been the same size for 4 years.