+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: LaunchConfirm Adds Safeguard to Application Launching

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Accidentally tapping an application on your SpringBoard is a common occurrence for all of us that use our iDevices. Although it isn't a huge deal to just exit the application
    Thanks

Default LaunchConfirm Adds Safeguard to Application Launching

Accidentally tapping an application on your SpringBoard is a common occurrence for all of us that use our iDevices. Although it isn't a huge deal to just exit the application by tapping the Home button (or other method i.e. Activator method), sometimes it would be nice to have a safeguard that asks for confirmation before launching an application. LaunchConfirm by fr0st (@fr0st) gives you the opportunity to utilize this capability.

With LaunchConfirm installed, whenever you tap an application on your SpringBoard, a Application Launcher window comes up and confirms that you want to launch the application. You can choose to launch the application or just cancel. It is as simple as that. There are no settings to configure and the tweak works upon installing it through Cydia.

If accidental launching of applications is something you deal with and wish to fix, LaunchConfirm is definitely a viable option. One thing I did find kind of a nuisance is that every application has the confirmation window. The application launcher would be convenient for some of my applications, but not all. So, I suggested a whitelist and (or) blacklist feature in upcoming updates of LaunchConfirm to fr0st and he took the suggestion. He will implement a feature of this nature in the coming future.

For the time being, give it a shot and post your thoughts here. Find it on Cydia now via the ModMyi repository for free. It is compatible on all iDevices and firmwares, including iOS 5 beta 6 (Note: using jailbreak tweaks and applications on the iOS 5 beta is done at your own risk. Be aware of the consequences and possible issues you could run in to by testing jailbreak tweaks and applications on the iOS 5 beta.)

Name: LaunchConfirm
    Author: fr0st
    Version: 1.0-1
    Price: Free

Follow fr0st (@fr0st) on Twitter to keep up to date with news on LaunchConfirm and other possible projects by the developer.

Source(s): fr0st
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 08-29-2011 at 03:17 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

May save a bit of wear & tear on the home button... But I have no use for it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

I've got badge clear or whatever it's called aswell as this, and every time it asks me to confirm the launch, if I confirm it, the 'badge cleared' window comes up

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Unless people are mad miss-tapping all over the place, this is going to be more hassle than its worth. I will save more time NOT having to confirm every application launch than the potential time this would save me from launching an app I didn't mean to launch.

Thanks

This will will useful for older gen users, on my iPod 2G if I open an app I need to wait 20 seconds before i can close it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Sorry but ZZzzzzZZZZzzzz

I guess I can understand the issue with older gen devices but for the masses there is no need for this. Nice work though.

Thanks

This in my eyes seems very useful. How many times do kids get a hold of mom/dads phone and launch different apps. This will at least save them a step. I hit the wrong app at times so this would save the life of my home button and a loading screen.

Green Apple
    Thanks

1/100 times, I waste time by accidentally launching an app. With this, 99/100 times I waste time by having to confirm an app launch.

No thanks...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 588 Posts

I'm not even kidding,
    I was gonna make this a month ago...then rethought it

Thanks

How about everyone locks their device when doing something that involves mass fingering
    No confundas mi personalidad con mi actitud. Mi personalidad es quien soy yo, mi actitud depende de quien seas tú.

Livin the iPhone Life littlelisa63's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,534 Times in 918 Posts

I think it's a good idea

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Syn View Post
    How about everyone locks their device when doing something that involves mass fingering
    lololol

iPhone? More like MyPhone DaLsim's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    May save a bit of wear & tear on the home button... But I have no use for it.
    might as well remove the home button all together.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 588 Posts

How could there possibly a version 1.0-1
    This is just a hello world file with the text edited ...lol
    Takes 5 minutes to put everything together...lol may I ask what was in v1.0 ?

Thanks

You know what they should add is an addconfirmation tweak in the mobile phone app. That would be very useful for me because I tend to hit the wrong contact in my recent call log. Just a thought