+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize Calendar Icon on SpringBoard with Friday13

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Over the past few days, the Changes tab in Cydia has been slow in regards to new tweaks and applications. This could be due to a variety of things such
    Thanks

Default Customize Calendar Icon on SpringBoard with Friday13

Over the past few days, the Changes tab in Cydia has been slow in regards to new tweaks and applications. This could be due to a variety of things such as school, work picking up, or maybe lack of new tweaks and applications in the tube. However, one that is of interest is a new tweak called Friday13.

Friday13 allows the user to change some of the components on the Calendar icon on your SpringBoard. Although the name doesn't seem to encompass the function(s) of the tweak, the tweak itself works well and is a solid addition. The components you can change in the tweak are the following:

• Format (upper and lower part of the icon)
    • Color (upper and lower part of the icon)
    • Custom date (set whatever date you want in the Friday13 tab in Settings)

All the respective settings can be changed in the Friday13 tab in Settings.

The format tab changes what you want to be displayed in terms of a date on the icon itself. The format tabs in Settings changes the way the upper and lower part of the icon displays the actual date information (i.e. Full Day, Num Day of Month, Num Day of Year, etc.). You can distinguish which part of the icon you want to show which by setting each part individually in the upper and lower format tab.

The custom color section allows you to change the font color of the numbers and letters on the Calendar icon itself. For example, in the head picture, the "Friday" string is in red font while the actual number "13" is in green. The upper color tab specifies the letter string and the lower color tab changes the number. You have a choice of changing the respective parts with 15+ different font colors.

Lastly, the Custom date section allows you to display a custom date on your Calendar icon. You can choose to enable/disable Custom date as well as set the specific custom date to display on the icon.

The only other button or setting to toy with in the Settings tab is the Respring button (which is required to display the results of the settings you may have changed).

You can find this tweak on Cydia now free of charge. Give it a shot and see what you think - you're most welcome to post your thoughts here in this thread. All feedback is appreciated. Friday13 is compatible on all devices and firmwares, although I have not tested it on the iOS 5 beta (nonetheless, because PreferenceLoader is not supported on iOS 5 yet, it is worthless to try it. You will not be able to change any of the settings.).

Name: Friday13
    Author: Nikos Lykousas
    Version: 0.0.1-10
    Price: Free

Follow the developer, Nikos Lykousas (@dummyDev), on Twitter to keep up to speed with improvements to Friday13 or other projects in the works.

Source(s): Nikos Lykousas
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 08-28-2011 at 08:28 PM.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice article Josh thanks. Downloading now.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    Nice article Josh thanks. Downloading now.
    Cool man! I hope you like it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I could create that tweak in Winterboard in less than five minutes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by J Sweeney View Post
    I could create that tweak in Winterboard in less than five minutes.
    Maybe so but this eliminates the inconvenience of having to change values and such. Plus, the tweak is free.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's not working for me. I installed it and resprung. Went into settings and tapped the Friday the 13th button under extensions, and it simply crashes to the desktop. This happens every time. I'll try again after completely shutting down and then back on and will post again if that makes it work.

iPad 1 on 4.3.3.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i dont see friday13 in cydia

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 72mc View Post
    It's not working for me. I installed it and resprung. Went into settings and tapped the Friday the 13th button under extensions, and it simply crashes to the desktop. This happens every time. I'll try again after completely shutting down and then back on and will post again if that makes it work.

iPad 1 on 4.3.3.

Crashes to the desktop?

Windows 7 x64
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.5ghz
    EVGA Nvidia GTX 570 Classified SLI
    1200watt Antec PSU
    Haf X
    EVGA P67 FTW
    Corsair H80
    Corsair Vengeance 16gig 8-8-8-24
    Sony Optiarc 24x

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 72mc View Post

iPad 1 on 4.3.3.
    Does not work on iPad. I downloaded it on my iPhone, and I'm loving it! One of my favorite tweaks as of now.
    iPhone 4S | MacBook Air

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xenthis View Post
    Crashes to the desktop?
    Heh.. You know what I mean dude..

Anyway, I actually did get it to work once on my iPad 1. I went straight to it after a hard boot of the device and it took.
    Works great on my iPhone 4 as you state Jason. Nice tweak.