Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Comex Joins Apple as an Intern, No More JailbreakMe?

Congrats Comex, in the future no more jailbreaking, because already jail open by comex.
    In the future you will have cydia automatic installed on the iPhones or iPods
    Last edited by spider_romeo; 08-27-2011 at 10:56 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djarkiz's Avatar
    Thanks

Congrats but this sucks, his exploits were definitely the best, been around since the beginning of jailbreaking and nothing was as easy as jailbreakme.com, good luck comex and don't forget about us little guys !!

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GellBrake'rrrr View Post
    I just hope that apple opens their phucking minds enough to allow theming and perhaps a few necessary tweaks here and there. Those have to be the most important reasons for people to jailbreak in the first place......... other than needing to be jailbroken to unlock it (which news is saying there will no longer be a need for)..
    And also the need for wifi hotspot which was my motive for JB. Wish apple could force ATT to not be such dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    And also the need for wifi hotspot which was my motive for JB. Wish apple could force ATT to not be such dicks.
    You mean force them not to charge for providing a service?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

How come their wasn't an article about me when I joined JP Morgan as an intern? LOL JK. Congrats to Comex though!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    You mean force them not to charge for providing a service?
    While this is likely what the majority of people are using it for, one can also argue that they simply want a wireless tether that they still pay for (ie pay for the tethering service but be able to do use it wire free). AFAIK, Apple only offers a USB tether, though I could be wrong. I was out of the scene for a little bit there.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 08-27-2011 at 12:52 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iOS5 has WiFi tethering.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    iOS5 has WiFi tethering.
    Ah that's cool. Nevermind then.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks
    How can anyone call this selling out? Look at all the jailbreak tweaks that are now apart of ios5. Now he can do all his work on the inside.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

So, do we have an executable mac program for the safari exploit that I can use for 4.3.3? (since I usually just go to jailbreakme.com which is certainly not going to stay active as a conflict of interest.)
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Certified KeyboardSmasher Rakim's Avatar
    In Texas behind your computer desk tryin to fix what you have broken!!
    Thanks

Super Sweet sig !!! Signature
    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I can get your AT&T UNLIMITED DATA back. Shoot me a pm.

Yes Sir.... I "know" you "didn't visit THOSE Kinds of sites" to make your Computer pop up those FILTHY images....
    **As I conduct an emergency disinfect of the "Family PC" Before his wife returns home.**

Congrats to Comex and RIP jailbreaking scene... I guess Apple will finally see how much their sales will drop when people are no longer able to take complete control over a piece of hardware that they paid for....

In light of this news I will be getting a Samsung Galaxy s2 instead of an iPhone5(which surely will not be jailbroken for quite some time, if ever).

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe he'll help push Apple to include a few more things we all jainbreak for into the standard iOS. I know we'll never have everything we want in a non-jailbreak iPhone, but it's getting better ever version.

I'd like ONE basic thing. Include the damn pictures next to names while scrolling through text messages. (like BiteSMS does) and possibly Quick Reply while we're at it.

I can live with out MyWi, FakeLocation, SBsettings if I "had" to.

I know there are a great many other things Jailbreak gives you, but I'm just saying if I "had" to I'd be happy enough, and more confident in a stable device with less memory leaks then.

They'll slowly absorb them all into the matrix.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RichResk3 View Post
    How can anyone call this selling out? Look at all the jailbreak tweaks that are now apart of ios5. Now he can do all his work on the inside.
    AFAIK, he wasn't a part of those tweaks. He was a part of getting the phone jailbroken. Two very different things.

man, a little late to the party huh , MODMYI? Y r u guys/girls always reporting things late? i love your site, but damn, never break a story, just report what other sites report, kinda sad. just MHO.....sorry

So will we be able to rely on Greenpoison?

sellout

As a side note, I don't think he would have used Jailbreakme.com next time anyway. He wasn't to happy when I told him the domain had been sold and I'm guessing the buyer will be looking to make a return on his 'investment' at some point.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast