+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4s Frame Pictures Leak, Reveal Different Antennas

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Leaks for the iPhone 4s, or new cheaper iPhone 4, or the iPhone 5 or whatever it is, are mounting up fast. MacRumors stumbled on another leak of what they
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4s Frame Pictures Leak, Reveal Different Antennas

Leaks for the iPhone 4s, or new cheaper iPhone 4, or the iPhone 5 or whatever it is, are mounting up fast. MacRumors stumbled on another leak of what they believe to be "iPhone 4s" bodies.

The bodies are nearly identical to the iPhone 4 bodies, but both sides of the frame have slightly different antennas than the iPhone 4. The only breaks in the frame appear to be at the bottom of the phone. The Verizon iPhone 4 breaks occur at the top, and the AT&T iPhone 4 breaks occur at the lower and upper left. The other major difference appears to be the frame's lack of a home button. An empty square hole resides where the home button mechanism should be. What this means is unclear. Could Apple be changing the position of the home button? Making it touch only instead of physical? Or possibly introducing some redesign we haven't speculated about yet?

MacRumors claims the movement of the antenna is to accommodate the differing frequencies between mobile technologies. This, accompanied with the obvious slot for a sim card, suggests whatever model of the iPhone the frame is from, could support both GSM and CDMA carriers.

With each bit of information leaked, more questions than answers about the next generation of iPhones appear to be popping up.

Sources: MacRumors

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Rumors ja ja ja

Thanks

I'm more concerned with this than I am "supposed" pictures of the new iPhone.

Comex takes an internship at Apple

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ooo please be doing away with the physical button, this is the second iPhone I have that the home button slowly stops responding as quickly. Making double and now triple clicks aggravating.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,692 Times in 836 Posts

The physical home button simply has to go. That piece of crap always breaks. This is very promising news!

C'mon, 3G iPod Touch 5!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I rather have a physical button. Anyone remember that 3rd generation iPod with the 4 touch sensitive buttons above the scroll wheel? Those things would always not register and it was a terrible experience.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

what about DFU mode....

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,329 Times in 723 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    what about DFU mode....
    Probably hold a virtual button. And for everyone out there with the broken home buttons. I've never had a problem with mine. Now my lockscreen button is jammed and ended up using quicklock2

Thanks

Maybe this is the cheaper 8GB iPhone 4

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I don't think virtual buttons have any reason to be more problematic, I've used a number of Android phones and have a WP7 phone which use virtual buttons and they work fine. I believe virtual button technology has come a long way since the iPod 3rd gen.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yomamashump View Post

Ditto. Once Apple hires the entire Dev team, all this is over for me :-( I'm not interested in buying an iPhone I can't jailbreak.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yomamashump View Post

Good for Comex! I'm glad he can finally start working and have a great career doing his dream job!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    Good for Comex! I'm glad he can finally start working and have a great career doing his dream job!
    It may be that Comex always saw JB'ing as a means of entry into Apple - what better way to fast-route your track to the top than to demonstrate your technical talents in such a forceful way ?
    That alone, would make him a very savvy player.

But regardless of whether it was his original game-plan, the community owes him a substantial debt of gratitude.
    Imagine if every Apple employee contributed as much to JB'ing.

Good luck, Comex - you will not soon be forgotten.

And if you're scamming Jobs, you will go down as having the biggest man-vegetables of all time.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,468 Times in 2,704 Posts

BS