+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: N94 iPhone Prototype Back Cover Photos Leak, Possibly iPhone 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
MacPost.net posted the pictures of the back cover of an iPhone prototype with the internal model number "N94," which is the believed successor to the iPhone 4. The prototype part
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default N94 iPhone Prototype Back Cover Photos Leak, Possibly iPhone 5

MacPost.net posted the pictures of the back cover of an iPhone prototype with the internal model number "N94," which is the believed successor to the iPhone 4.

The prototype part is labeled "EVT" or Engineering Verification Test as well and dated June 7, 2011. The "N94" model number was first found buried in iOS 4.3, and identified as supporting the A5 processor. The iPhone 4 on AT&T carries the "N90" model number and the Verizon iPhone 4 carries the "N92" model number. The natural successor to these model numbers is "N94." However, rumors of an iPhone 4s, cheaper iPhone 4, and real iPhone 5 being released could disrupt this pattern.

Judging from the pictures, if this is in fact a next generation iPhone, a major redesign in the casing of the phone will not take place. However, this could also mean that Apple's cheaper version of the iPhone 4, or 4s, could accompany a full fledged iPhone 5 at release and still sport and A5 processor. This could also simply be photos of the new cheaper iPhone Apple is rumored to be releasing.

All of this is speculation, and the photos released could simply be diversions as part of Apple's grand disinformation plan. That said, iPhone related leaks are becoming more frequent. Which makes sense, considering the devices supposed release within the next month or so.

Source: MacPost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

So it's basically nothing.

Next.......

Thanks
    Thanked 1,698 Times in 839 Posts

What's nothing? The picture? The picture is certainly something.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wouldn't the natural successor be the "N93"?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

no its going in multiples 90, 92, 94 , 96 ect.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

I can't wait till the phone is made if glass that does not break

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

This "prototype" part is exactly like the aftermarket white back I have sitting on my desk. This doesn't look like a prototype part at all, it looks like page hits.

szr
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    no its going in multiples 90, 92, 94 , 96 ect.
    Actually, I recall there were going to be three iPhone 4 models; the missing one was to be on Sprint, iirc, and thus it may be possible that model could have been the N91. Also, the AT&T iPhone 4's id was 3,1, the Verison model was 3,3, and that model that never came out has been speculated to have been 3,2, so if that' true, it could have possibly carried the N91 model number.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    thats a verizon back housing, with an AT&T white aftermarket glass in it. Not iPhone 5

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by szr View Post
    Actually, I recall there were going to be three iPhone 4 models; the missing one was to be on Sprint, iirc, and thus it may be possible that model could have been the N91. Also, the AT&T iPhone 4's id was 3,1, the Verison model was 3,3, and that model that never came out has been speculated to have been 3,2, so if that' true, it could have possibly carried the N91 model number.
    I might also add that the 3GS is referred to as N88... and Sprint wouldn't need any different hardware than VZW in terms of baseband frequencies for 1xRTT/EVDO... so I don't think that theory is accurate. 3,2 was probably a different model body/different component i4 GSM that never left prototype stage, as previous beta IPSWs point to such devices as "iPod0,2" and iPod2,2" that never publicly manifested.

Now, I personally think November 94 is either the i5 (more likely IMO), or the cheaper i4, but with GSM and CDMA capabilities in the same unit (to keep production costs down).

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Dissapointed.