+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: More iPhone 5 Component Pictures Leak, Battery, Camera Lens, Audio Flex Cable

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by z3r01 how can you tell by looking at a camera part and a battery that a phone is not 4G? these parts are in no relations to
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    how can you tell by looking at a camera part and a battery that a phone is not 4G? these parts are in no relations to 4G...
    Actually battery capacity has everything to do with 4g. It constantly scans for tower signals to optimize data speeds. That's why your iPhone will last nearly twice as long if u manually put it on edge instead of 3G .

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

Regardless I'm getting the new iPhone...better than my 3GS. Can't wait.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Apple has always kept battery life in mind regardless of the phones features that and the speakers have been upgraded each time thankfully

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Please tell me you'e kidding. Battery life in iPhones is far superior to any Android phone on the market. Battery life is the first thing all my friends complain about when switching to a different smart phone. Apple controls both hardware and software on their products which allows for much better optimization compared to any other hardware provider on the market.
    @TheDirtyDiddler is 100% currect. The battery life on the iPhone is crappy. The battery life on an Android phone is also crappy. Just because the iPhone's battery life is less crappy, does not mean it is any good. Unfortunately there really has not been a big battery breakthrough in the past 40 years. Keep in mind that the first lithium-based battery that worked at room temperature was created by Exxon in the early 70's. A few years latter, the first lithium-base recharable battery was created. Currently batteries drain fast, take a while to charge, and have a short life if you deep cycle them.

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the battery basically confirms no LTE connectivity. Maybe HSPA+.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoldycheeze88 View Post
    I think the battery basically confirms no LTE connectivity. Maybe HSPA+.
    It already has HSPA+ support, I'm writing this on HSPA+ which has been around (at least in Canada) for years

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    Me too. Cause just by looking at these parts I'm completely convinced the iPhone 5 is not worth my time...
    (sarcasm)
    I'll wait to, but mainly cause I'm still under contract
    Last edited by whereswaldo; 08-22-2011 at 09:45 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Perceptum View Post
    @TheDirtyDiddler is 100% currect. The battery life on the iPhone is crappy. The battery life on an Android phone is also crappy. Just because the iPhone's battery life is less crappy, does not mean it is any good. Unfortunately there really has not been a big battery breakthrough in the past 40 years. Keep in mind that the first lithium-based battery that worked at room temperature was created by Exxon in the early 70's. A few years latter, the first lithium-base recharable battery was created. Currently batteries drain fast, take a while to charge, and have a short life if you deep cycle them.
    +1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tucnepo View Post
    I will wait for iphone 6
    I won't. 5 is ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    no one ever said it would be 4G, especcially since no carrier in the world even has 4G. You might be thinkin of LTE which is out in countries like Canada, Japan, South Korea and the Scandanavian countries, which is a step towards 4G, but does not meet 4G standards
    Verizon and At&T have LTE in the U.S. even though they both have very limited coverage

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    no one ever said it would be 4G, especcially since no carrier in the world even has 4G. You might be thinkin of LTE which is out in countries like Canada, Japan, South Korea and the Scandanavian countries, which is a step towards 4G, but does not meet 4G standards
    This is such bogus information that people keep circling around. The standard and definition for 4G has been changed to fit so that the tech we are currently calling 4G is, in fact, 4G.

Here is an article, for those that require it.
    ITU says LTE, WiMax and HSPA+ are now officially 4G

The internet is littered with other such articles. Let's please stop this nonsense of "LTE and WiMax are not TRUE LTE technologies". This was true at one point, but not anymore.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Itís hard to believe. I have seen a concept video of iphone 5, and itís so sleek that components shown here will not get fixed in it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Please tell me you'e kidding. Battery life in iPhones is far superior to any Android phone on the market. Battery life is the first thing all my friends complain about when switching to a different smart phone. Apple controls both hardware and software on their products which allows for much better optimization compared to any other hardware provider on the market.
    Yes, but lithium ion batteries as a whole need to become a thing of the past.

Yes, but lithium ion batteries as a whole need to become a thing of the past.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12