Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Has AT&T Spilled the Beans on an October iPhone 5 Launch?

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Has AT&T Spilled the Beans on an October iPhone 5 Launch?

In the ongoing see-saw headlines battle between September and October rumors of an iPhone 5 release, today we're hearing for the first time about AT&T officials leaking word of a 5th generation iPhone release... in October.

According to a report this morning from BGR, a high-ranking AT&T official may have inadvertently spilled the beans on an October iPhone 5 launch by running top secret information down the flag pole to his or her retail managers.

Specifically, "high-level AT&T sources" reveal that September will probably bring with it the iPhone 5 unveiling, followed a few weeks later by the actual product roll out in stores. “Expect things to get really, really busy in the next 35-50 days," the report reads, quoting AT&T sources in conversation with their retail team leaders. "So prepare your teams accordingly."

The source in question has only been identified as an "AT&T Vice President." Other specifics were not made available.

Source: BGR

Only If We Can See What The Phone Looks Like

Thanks

My friend who is an Actual AT&T store manager, not a mom and pop little wireless store, informed me of a September 15 meeting for apple...

iPhone? More like MyPhone alex-xx's Avatar
    Thanks

can not wait until october,all go crazy!!

The screen has to be bigger otherwise there is no use. There are so many android phones in the market with bigger screens.

ok drop the beans.. and why the picture with coffe? lol

Quote Originally Posted by syntaxut View Post
    ok drop the beans.. and why the picture with coffe? lol
    Coffe Beans!

Quote Originally Posted by hapishyguy View Post
    The screen has to be bigger otherwise there is no use. There are so many android phones in the market with bigger screens.
    Yes this is a must!!! I agree. iPhone 4 should've had a larger display.

Only one way to find out if they're telling people at AT&t, as Westerman

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I mentioned before, a friend of mine works at a ad agency in San Fan. There is an ATT guy that works a lot with them who also mentioned an October launch. Pretty sure it's coming in october.

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianmarocco's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree 100%

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

Love this forum but lately you guys have been behind the 8 ball. Heard this bout 5-6 hours ago. Either way I'll be getting the iPhone 5...3GS is killing me.

Same here

Quote Originally Posted by swarren08 View Post
    My friend who is an Actual AT&T store manager, not a mom and pop little wireless store, informed me of a September 15 meeting for apple...
    If he really told you that and it happens to be true then goodbye to his job lol

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DeathOfLife View Post
    Only If We Can See What The Phone Looks Like
    After last year's incident, I am betting we will not get to see a thing until Apple's official announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by electricvoices17 View Post
    If he really told you that and it happens to be true then goodbye to his job lol
    Why? We don't know who this person is. Very unlikely he is going to get tracked down...

There is no use for what? With bigger screen comes diminished battery life. There are far more phones with "standard" screen size on the market and they are selling well enough. The next phone will be competitive with or without a larger screen.

IMO, if they can fit a larger screen into the same form factor, I am all for it. I had an HTC EVO for a while. While the extra real-estate is nice, it isn;t actually a dream to hold onto, and my hands aren't what I would call small.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 08-19-2011 at 07:46 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    After last year's incident, I am betting we will not get to see a thing until Apple's official announcement.

Why? We don't know who this person is. Very unlikely he is going to get tracked down...

There is no use for what? With bigger screen comes diminished battery life. There are far more phones with "standard" screen size on the market and they are selling well enough. The next phone will be competitive with or without a larger screen.

IMO, if they can fit a larger screen into the same form factor, I am all for it. I had an HTC EVO for a while. While the extra real-estate is nice, it isn;t actually a dream to hold onto, and my hands aren't what I would call small.
    I agree in some ways with what you are saying but this must be done. The iPhone needs a larger screen. Not the size of the droid x . That is just dumb how large it is. But 4 inch would be nice without the battery drain if they up the battery strength as with they do on most new idevices . Majority of iPhone owners would agree we want this!

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg05 View Post
    Love this forum but lately you guys have been behind the 8 ball. Heard this bout 5-6 hours ago. Either way I'll be getting the iPhone 5...3GS is killing me.
    Wow, 5 or 6 hours ago is behind the 8-ball?!? Are your expectations really that high? There are plenty of people (myself included) that are reading this for the first time. Show a little respect.
    Last edited by andygev35; 08-19-2011 at 09:54 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to andygev35 For This Useful Post:

spazturtle (08-20-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by andygev35 View Post
    Wow, 5 or 6 hours ago is behind the 8-ball?!? Are your expectations really that high? There are plenty of people (myself included) that are reading this for the first time. Show a little respect.
    +1

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope they don't change the form factor. I think the 4 is perfect. I do miss the comfort of holding the 3GS though... And being able to use it without the case.
    Last edited by Donnutt; 08-19-2011 at 10:48 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

Relax there is no disrespect. Don't get panties in a knot. I'm no expert but in journalism it's about being first and getting the scoop before the other guy. This is the Internet, sh!t becomes yesterday's news real fast.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast